Is this a good theater system.

Username: Joshdx

HOUMA, LA United States

Post Number: 1
a Sony DA3200 reciver. 2 Bose 701 for front mains. Bose center spk.
2 Klipsch synergy series f1 for rear. and 2 Elite audio speakers for rear backs .and a Cerwin vega 10'' subwoofer.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 866
Do you own this system? Why do you want to know if it is a good system. I am not a fan of Sony audio products but this is an ES receiver so of you go Sony this is ok. I am also not a fan of Bose, what center channel from Bose is that or do they only have one, that could be the weak link in the system..

HOUMA, LA United States

Post Number: 2
I own the system and the speakers just wondering if it is a good setup.and the bose center channel is actually a bose Acoustimass passive subwoofer and the two speakers that came with it. I just ran two sets of wire from the center channel on the back of the receiver to the Acoustimass

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 868
So I understand , you have two positive and two negative wires running from the receiver's single center channel out put to the sub. Not a good idea! If this is what your doing you are messing up the receivers. This will put undo wear on the receiver because it Ohms will see this as 4 ohms instead of 8. Use the Bose as a zome 2 set up and get a klipch center. Switch front and backs using the Klipch in front and bose in the rear.

HOUMA, LA United States

Post Number: 3
I tried the klipch in the front because i heard they are better speakers than bose but when i turn the volume up to a decent volume i almost blew them.
the 701 are the only one that when i turn the volume up high that does not dissort or pop

Bronze Member
Username: Klepsydra

Post Number: 40
I agree with Casey put the Klipsch up front. I'd investigate and figure out what is going on with the distorting/popping. Are the speakers already damaged, did they possibly have a bad connection that was shorting out. The Klipsch are generally more sensitive speakers, is there something in your system or connections that is generating noise?

Once you've got it worked out I'd put the klipsch up front with a new matching klipsch center. Then use the remaining 4 Bose speakers to implement your 4 surround channels for 7.1. The 701s on the side and the Acoustimass in the back.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us