Audio cable with hd

Username: Pinkyshot

Post Number: 1
So I have a old receiver that I use for my radio but has surround sound options on it...I want to use it on my hd tv and hd directv box...the problem I am having is I want the sound to go through one of the other connects on the back of the tv or directv box to the receiver not through the hd cable to the the tv speakers...the receiver is fisher sound stage...the tv is a panasonic hd tv has all kinds of connection options on the back so does the directv box...I really don't care if the sounds not completely great but I like to hear it when its loud in the house

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 404
Hi Pinky! Ok turn volume down on tv. Now does the fisher reciever have any digital inputs on the back? The digital hd box Must have a digital output so ypu would connect the two assuming 1) reciever has digital inputs 2) you have external speakers to connect. If reciever has no digital inputs Just hook up a pair of rca's from hd box anolog out(red&white) Into anolog in into reciever. (any input)cd dvd etc. Then switch on that same input for sound. Enjoy

Bronze Member
Username: Kevinwhite

Post Number: 21
Maybe you can try another cable, OK, if that can not effect then you can adjust the volume to the highest and to the lowest, I believe it works anyway.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us