I think i screwd ip my HTiB

Bronze Member
Username: Grief

Post Number: 15
Hello! I have a Sony HT-ddw790. And one day after pressing front panel buttons in different combinations.
I got strange messages on screen. One of them goes like this "SP LLLY" another one is "DSP TEST" and another one "DEC.TEST". So, my question is, what do they mean and have I screwd up my HTiB?
PS- I did some "fiddling" with the "dsp test"
Any help would be appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1252
Howdy Grief,

Is your system behaving normally right now? If not, perhaps unplugging the unit for a minute or so will reset it.

What you have done is stumble upon a service menu used to test the unit in a repair shop.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I think so, though Dolby Digital sources are a bit "muffled". But if a reset works, so I haven 't done anything serious, right?
Thank you so much, that 's a load off my back!
By, the way about the other messages any clues?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1253
I am pretty sure all of the messages are simply self tests aimed at directing a repair tech to problems the system may have.

So "muffled" how? Do you mean the sound from everything but the center channel speaker or it too?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Thanks for the reply!
Anyway, by "muffled" I mean the special sound effects don 't sound as they should. I mean , for example an explosion or gun shot, there 's just no WOW effect, if you know what I mean.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Oh! And some times the center speaker is louder than the others. Like you said.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1255
Yeah, but there sure could be a lot of reasons for it. First and foremost the expectations you have regarding your system. Are they are somewhat realistic considering the cost of the system you bought. The next thing is speaker placement relative to the room you are using and a dozen other things.

Most, if not all of this stuff should be covered in your manual but the center channel will be the only speaker working for dialog like the news and such things, the effects are going to be determined by the source and may well sound "muffled".

If you care to supply some specifics perhaps we can make some nice improvements.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Sorry for the late reply.
Anyway the system is used in a very small room with some furniture.
Well... I could say it 's not a proper listening environment.
I can 't do much about positioning the speakers.
Sorry, hope it helps!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us