7.1 THX optimizer Question

Username: Kennykeeball

Post Number: 5
While watching movies it sounds good and when I do the test with the receiver for each channel its ok, the sound comes out of the right channel, but if I put a DVD on with THX optimizer the surround speakers sound through the two fronts and the surround back rear speakers sound through the center. Is that normal? The sound is hooked up through Optical 1 on the receiver.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 996
Greetings,

You sure wouldn't call the results of you tests niormal! Check your speaker wire placement as the sound should be coming from the spreaker highlighted on the THX Optimizer.

Does your receiver have any sort of room correction program? The easiest way to know the answer to that question would be to know if the receiver came with a microphone.

The input optical cable should have nothing to do with your concern but if the speaker wires are all correct I might then look into the DVD audio setup menu.

Hope this helps and I would be curious to learn what you find out.

Post Number: 6
Yeah Jim I ran the mic and the sounds came out fine through all speakers. Today I will check the DVD menu. Its really weird. If all else fails I guess I will contact Onkyo. Thanks for your help.

Kenny

Silver Member

Post Number: 999
Hey Kenny,

]You said, "While watching movies it sounds good" and THAT is the most important thing going on here so don't stress over it too much!

Post Number: 7
Thanks for the Help Jim. I checked out the audio menu on the DVD player and changed it. Now it all works great!! I can now watch movies in the select 2 mode. This thing has soooo many different surround modes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 1000
Glad to hear it KEnny!

ENJOY!

Bronze Member
Username: Pgee

South Carolina USA

Post Number: 16
Do you watch all of your movies in Select 2? I've found that not all movies sound that great in Select 2 (all kinds of opinions on that one)
Any way I'm glad your deal is sorted out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us