PLEASE HELP CONNECTED BOSE 321 ON WRONG VOLTAGE

Username: Goyocosta

Post Number: 1
Hello, just bought my first Home Theater, really amused but made the most terrible mistake and connected to 220 with the switch on 115. It is the Bose 321 GS Series III, There was no smoke, burning or anything, just a short "humbing" high frequency sound.

I have a good friend good on electronics who said would have a look at it, and also contacted Bose technical support where I live Chile. Taking to the technical support is pretty far away and guess would be really pricy?? any help or advice would be great. Thanks for any help!!

Bronze Member
Username: Rmammerschuber

NY USA

Post Number: 54
At the very least you probably fried the transformer which was expecting 115 volts. It is also likely you may have burst a couple caps and fried a resistor or two.

If you're electronicly inclined, have a voltage / ohm meter and a soldering iron you can probably identify the problems and replace the parts. If you're not up to the task then I'd take it to the local warranty repair facility.

WORD OF CAUTION: If you don't replace the fried components with properly rated parts you could create a fire hazard...

Username: Goyocosta

Post Number: 2
Thanks Robert, a good electronic technician is having a look at it tomorrow, I opened it up and saw a 2.0 amp fuse clearly blown, because it is all black, everything else looks fine but will check with instruments. Once again thanks for the reply, I will update since I guess will not be the only or first to make this embarasing mistake.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us