D sub to hdmi?

Username: Ekk20

Post Number: 1
Hello all, I'm new here and this forum is very informative I must say! i personally enjoy the friendly environment here very much.

So today I bought a DVI to HDMI cable and when I got home, I actually realized that I have no DVI output on my computer.. Right now, I am connecting a D Sub cable to my HDTV, so my question is, if I want to improve the quality with the current equipment (so new video card is out of the question), would a d sub to hdmi cable/adaptor improve the picture quality on my HDTV? if there isn't a big difference then I'd just stick with the d sub... and I think on the back panel of my computer, I see there are 2 D Sub outputs my video card offeres..one is the longer one with more pins and another one that is smaller with less pins..would using the bigger one with more pins provide a better picture quality?

Thanks guys!!

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14261
"would a d sub to hdmi cable/adaptor improve the picture quality on my HDTV"

A D Sub output has nothing to do with picture quality. So, no it won't.

Username: Maverickcole

Depends on your TV. I have a Toshiba 1080P DLP, and the maximum resolution via the D-Sub is 1024x768. It will run 1920x1080 via the HDMI input though, so yes, it will definitely improve picture quality!

Username: Frankburnz

"maximum resolution via the D-Sub is 1024x768"? WTF are you talking about? Dsub can go all the way up to 2304x1440, that's 3.3MP zotch. HDMI couldn't even do that until v1.3. Before you spew your misinformation do a little research.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us