Surround Component setup Help

Username: Tjgator

Post Number: 1
I'm trying to set up my daughters TV/surround system. I'm pretty capable of doing this stuff and have it working, but I want to make sure I have it set up the best it can be. Here's the components, and most are sony, as to make it simpler-maybe. The TV and blue Ray are brand new.
TV: Sony KDL40S5100
BR: Sony BDPS360
A/V receiver: STRK6800P
DishNet receiver #311
I waould like to use the HDMI cable between the blue Ray and TV, but have the sound come from the A/V. Can I do this? It would help greatly if someone could make me a diagram showing the components and the wiring from to each.
Thanks in advance
TJ

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2610
­
Go ahead and run HDMI directly to the TV from the Blu-ray PLayer. Then connect the player's optical output to the receiver's optical input labelled "DVD 2 IN".

You will also want to hook the satbox's RCA video/audio output jacks to the receiver's "VIDEO 1" inputs. Then connect VIDEO 1's audio and video outputs to the TV.

You will need an HDMI cable, an optical (TosLink) cable, and two sets of a three wire RCA cables (often called "video dubbing cables"). None of these cables should be significantly longer than need be.
­

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1048
Greetings TJ,

It may be worth looking into upgrading the SAT box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us