Samsung LED TV & Surround Sound System

Username: Wyptaj

Post Number: 1
Dear All,
I'm hoping you can help me as I have a query.
I've just got a new Samsung LED TV, and I have a DVD/Surround System and a PS3.

The DVD (which is part of the surround sound) when it plays a film the music etc comes out of all 6 speakers.
However, when I play a Blu_Ray on my PS3 through my TV, or just play the tv the sound only comes out of 3 speakers and not rear 2 speakers.

My PS3 is connected to the tv via a hdmi cable. The tv sound is connected to the surround system via a Digital Optical lead.

Please can anyone offer suggestions as to why I'm not getting all the speakers to work when watching tv or playing a blu-ray ?
Many thanks in advance
Paul

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1276
Greetings Paul,

A model number of your HTiB (surround sound) would help but hopefully, your problem is an incorrect setting surround field.

Post Number: 2
Hi Jim
the surround sound system is a Toshiba SD - 63HK
If that helps at all ?
Its strange that when I play a dvd in the surround sound dvd player then all 5 speakers work fine, it's only when I play the tv or blu ray that I only get the front speakers working. I use the line in function to play the tv - would this make a difference ?
Many thanks in advance

Gold Member

Post Number: 1277
Well I can not easily find your manual online nor any decent picture so I have to guess that there is a setting that is not right when you switch to the line-in mode. There will likely be a button on the remote but if not on the front panel of the unit that would give you some options The button will be labeled something like "Dolby", "Mode", "Surround", "Output" or similar.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2698
Paul, your Samsung TV is not sending the full surround signal out from its optical output. What it is doing is downmixing the surround signal coming in on HDMI from your PS3 to stereo -- after all that is all it needs for its internal speakers, right? Then all it is doing is routing that same simple stereo digital signal (PCM stereo) out to your Toshiba.

In order to get full surround from the PS3, you need to connect the PS3's optical output directly to the Toshiba. Then you configure the PS3 to bitstream, select the optical input on the Toshiba and you're in business.

Post Number: 3
Thanks very much for your help guys, it's very much appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 166
do you have a cable box?
can you connect that directly to surr-sound?

theaudioguy.ca

Username: Jineshvasa

Mumbai, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 1
I am also facing similar problem. I have samsung LED TV and LG home theatre. While playing DVD, sound o/p is from all 5.1 speakers but while playing from TV, I cannot get output from any of the home theatre speakers. please advise!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1287
Greetings Sparsh,

Addition information from you would be needed regarding how you have connected this system together but I would suspect the problem lies in the way your cable/satellite box's audio is connected to the LG HTiB. Further assistance would be much easier if you would please provide a description of the cables and connections used.

Post Number: 2
I connected the speakers of home theatre to main amplifier/dvd player. Then I connected the red and white wires with Audio in (home theatre) and Audio out (in tlevision). I also connected the HDMI cables between TV and Home theatre.

Let me know if any additional information is required..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1288
How is the cable or satellite box connected?

Post Number: 3
No audio connection to cable. It is directly connected to TV

Gold Member

Post Number: 1289
OK, that explains it. If you connect the TV to the HTiB (LG Home Theatre) using a digital cable (optical or coax) you will solve your problem. The red/white audio cable you are using carries analog signals and cannot carry the digital audio being generated by the TV tuner.

I hope this helps you

Post Number: 4
Thank you. I don't have digital cable as of now. Will check and update you.

Post Number: 5
I tried using HDMI wire connection but it doesn' work. And when I connect the red and white wires, and play a DVD the sound is perfect. Not able to understand the problem here. The connections are this way:
Satellite Cable connection - Amplifier - TV (cable TV connectors)
Speakers - Home theatre (redular wires)
TV - Home theatre using HDMI wire and/or red and white wires.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16099
Hi Sparsh!

Usualy you don't need to use a optical cable to listen the sound from the Tv which convert the digital to analog signal, be sure that you choose the good input on your home theater then go in your Tv setup and be sure that the sound output in selected!

Post Number: 6
Okie dokie. Thank you. I will try and use digital wire and then update you. Thanks..

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16100
Sparch

There is many chance that the sound does not work with digital cable, if the source is digital OK but if the source is analogic the TV can't convert it to digital!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us