Audio output (Denon AVR-2307Ci)

Username: Jkslifer

Post Number: 1
I have Denon AVR-2307Ci and having problem with my audio output from my TV. Everything had been working fine for two years, but now ran into an issue in which my TV audio is not working. My DVD and Stereo receiver work fine, but when I switch my receiver to TV, I'm no longer receiving sound. Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 850
Greetings,

How are all of your components connected? It certainly does seem odd that the operation of your system changes in mid stream like that.

Post Number: 2
TV is connected through HDMI, stereo is two zone with 5 speakers hooked up to it for the main room and then i have other speakers hooked up for two other rooms. Both the DVD player and cable receiver are hooked up directly to the stereo.

Silver Member

Post Number: 851
Sorry, I must be a little slow this morning! Is this correct? HDMI from cable box to TV. HDMI from DVD player to TV. Audio from cable box to receiver (what is the connection type, RCA analog? optical or coax digital?). Audio from DVD player to receiver (again, what kind?).

If possible, swap the audio to the receiver between DVD and TV and see if your situation changes any. If it does (the TV works and the DVD does not) then it is likely that a setting on the receiver has changed and needs to be adjusted properly. This setting most likely would be some sort of "input" as in digital or analog.

More detail is possible given the connection method and the receiver make/model.

Silver Member

Post Number: 852
Oops, I AM slow this morning! The make/ model has already been given in your header, sorry!

Post Number: 3
HDMI from cable box to TV and HDMI from receiver to cable box. No audio from cable box to receiver (never had wires here). I did just try using regular RCA wires in seeing if this would add audio, but nothing. My DVD player has regular RCA wires from DVD player directly to the receiver.
My TV is 12 feet away and need to purchase RCA wire to try what you suggested. Now that you understand my confiq, any other suggestions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 853
My suggestion would be:

HDMI from cable box to receiver HDMI in 1.
HDMI from DVD player to receiver HDMI in 2.
HDMI from receiver out to TV.

If your DVD player does not have HDMI this receiver should be capable of upgrading the component video input out of the DVD player in to Comp 1. Audio would then be handled via either Coax-1 in or Opt-1 in.

Is ether of these set ups possible?

Username: Mspaul

Post Number: 2
Watching movies in the theatre has always been an amazing experience for the entertainment lovers. The atmosphere in the theatre is very thrilling, no doubt about that. But then the question comes in your mind that how many times you can spend you're hard earned money in buying those movie tickets. Well, the only solution that is available to you is to download movies online for free on your personal computer. It is the great way through which you can watch full length movies online and that too for free. http://www.tvlinko.com/

Username: Goodlookinman

Tygh Valley, OR USA

Post Number: 3
I've connected a Roku via HDMI to my 2307CI (HDMI2 input). The output from the 2307CI is via the HDMI out port to a Panasonic LCD projecter TV that does not have audio. The video is showing up fine on the TV but I'm not getting any audio from the receiver. I used the 2307CI's System Setup to define that the Roku (aka VCR-2) "HDMI In Assign" is HDMI2 and, per page 53 of the manual, selected "Amp" for the "Audio".
What am I doing wrong?
BTW, the Denon manual is just about the worst I've ever seen.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1291
Greetings William,

Are you saying you want audio from your TV? This may require a separate audio connection as the AVR probably does not "pass-through" the audio signal.

Tygh Valley, OR USA

Post Number: 4
No, the Panasonic LCD projector TV doesn't have audio capabilities, so I have to get audio from the Denon receiver. As I said, the connection is HDMI from Roku to Denon; HDMI from Denon to Panasonic LCD.
How do I get the Denon to produce the audio?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 16211
Check that the audio output from your Roku is actually digital. I believe that some Roku Streaming players have the analog output as default. You may have to configure it manually if it is not automatic.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16212
Go to settings of your Roku and check the audio mode.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16221
Did you ever get this resolved?

Tygh Valley, OR USA

Post Number: 5
I did get the problem resolved but, to be honest, I'm not sure how. It just started working after I tweaked a few things that I'm sure I had tried before.
I will say that the Denon 2307CI is much more complex a receiver than I want or need. Perhaps if the manual was more "user friendly" I could deal with all of the settings, but it's not.

Username: Munchkinsandwich2

Hi everybody,
How are all of your components connected? It certainly
does seem odd that the operation of your system changes in mid stream like that.

Username: Ajit_gorakh

AHMEDABAD, GUJARAT India

In my Denon 2307 digital card not working. If I play dvd with optical input sound not coming from receiver also it doesn't detect dolby signal. Receiver working in stereo with RCA input.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us