Please help!

Username: Creel4real

Casper , Wy United States

Post Number: 1
Ok, I just purchased a brand new 50 in Panasonic plasma TV (TC-50PS14) and a Philips DVD home theater system. This is driving me crazy because I would like the surround sound to work when I play xbox or watch TV but the problem is that the ONLY audio out on the TV is Fiber Optic audio cable and the surround does not have a optical port. I thought I could fix this problem by buying an adapter that converts optical to coaxial audio cable (the surround has a digital in for coaxial audio cable) AND IT STILL DOESNT WORK! Please tell me what I am doing wrong because I am at wits end here.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 887
I had the same trouble and ended up using a regular 5.1 receiver rather than the HTiB (Home Theater in a Box aka your Philips unit). The problem is that the TV does not necessarily change the analog audio you are feeding into it out to digital. You may have some luck with feeding the digital audio out of your cable box and/or your XBox directly into the HTiB and perhaps even use a digital AB switch but a regular receiver does the same thing.

Username: Boydbits

Post Number: 1
I need help in connecting my DVR cable box , DVD player and a VHS to DVD recorder to my Yamaha YHT-391 BL surround sound system using all HDMI cables and and optical cable. The only componnet that doesn't have HDMI is the RCA VHS to DVD recorder. Iv'e tried following the wiring diagram with no luck, any help would be appreciated, I'm just not getting something right.

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1037
Greetings,

Try connecting your:

DVR via HDMI to DTV/CBL
DVD Player via HDMI to DVD

DVD/VCR via composite (Red/White/Yellow) to DVR in. The DVD/VCR will then play the VCR while DVD's should be played in the stand alone DVD player.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us