DiVinci DV-607 audio problem. No Optical input

Username: The_skdster

Post Number: 1
I'm completely new to the Home-Theatre-In-A-Box scene and decided to start of with the most cost-efficient system I could get my hands on.
That led me to the DiVinci DV-607.
Now that I had all the speakers set up I noticed a problem.
My DVD player only had Analog Audio and an Optical Audio Output.
But the DV-607 did not have Optical input. Only six(6) RCA input for surround.
And 2 other audio input for analog.
How am I supposed to get 5.1 surround?
Is there any way around this?
I'm sorry but I have close to no clue as to what to do next.
I am in dire need of HELP!
Upload

Post Number: 2
Sorry but I can't seem to edit above post.

Specs:
1800 Watts Total System Power
Built-in 5.1 Receiver/Pre-Amp/Processor/Tuner
*300 Watts/Channele/8 Ohms*
12" 550W High-Current Low-Mass Subwoofer
Satellite/Center (250 Watts x 5 =1250W)
High-Energy lynxis precision Crossover
Digital Hi-Fi Audio/Video In/Outputs
Silver and Platinum Heat Resistant Wiring
Direct Laser Tech. Full Function Remote
Gold Capped High-End A/V Cables and Wiring
14.2"(H) X 44.3"(W) X 13.4" ( D )
71.2 Lbs ( Weight )

http://www.divincisound.com/tower2.htm#

Post Number: 3
aw,come on.
At the least someone can help...
*lets out a "BOOOO!"*

Username: Marshjj

i just ordered the same as you the DIVINCI DV-607 should be on the truck and here in a few days i will repost if i come accross the same problem

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8571
Di Kri,
You are going to need another DVD player. One that has 5.1 or 7.1 analog outputs. The reason it is so cheap is because it does not have any digital surround decoders.

The specs are all lies.

Username: Ddj

Toronto, ON Canada

I have just get DV 607, and later i found that i need to add more like receiver and compatible DVD player to make it Dolby digital surround sound,but i am not sure wheter it will work?,please advise me to upgrade this system to make it as good as new technology.which receiver and dvd player will work for this purpose?(i couln't find 5.1 analog output dvd player in market)I am really need a help and advice to correct my mistake.

Username: Loncka23

I just received the DiVinci 606 yesterday and after hooking it up am afraid I got scamed. Is this company legit? Is there anyway to get 5.1 surround without Optical input? Were you able to get a DVD player with 5.1 or 7.1 analog outputs? Any Help would be greatly appreciated!!

Username: Todd37

I almost bought one of these systems myself, thought I better surf for more info first. The old adage "If it's too good to be true it probably is" apparently applies here. One note though. The guy selling them on ebay DOES say you'll need your own reciever to operate the system properly because the system is ANALOG only.

Jeremie, yes there is a way. Your DVD player needs to have RCA outs for each speaker. Most halfway decent players will have both RCA and Digital out's.

I think I'll stick with my Denon/Jamo combination. Glad I looked first and not to be mean but I hope one of you on this board is the one who outbid me, hahahaha, J/K. Sorry ya got suckered but glad I didn't.

Username: Msdiva

I ordered it off of Ebay.

Username: Moritz01

Did anyone find a way around this damn system!!!
Because i am starting to believe that i got scamed!

Username: G35coupe

LOL, you DO realise these systems were designed to scam people with ?? you've been scammed...
these arent just bad systems.. they were made to ripoff people with..
White Van Scam ring a bell?? if not, google it with "divinci sound"

-as mentioned above, all the specs are made up lies
-if u visit their website, theres no way to contact them

you're way better off getting another system then dealing with shameless crap like that..
sorry that you got scammed

Username: Naamang

I have a Sony DVPCX995V 400-Disc DVD Mega Changer/Player with multi-channel 5.1 analog outputs. Would this work well with this DVD player?......Anyone?

How does the sound quality rate for the money?

Username: Dragonarok24

You people complain to damn much, I bet you got it for 50$ stop b$tching. I system is worth it. I got me a pair today and I got this hook up with my DVD and receiver. Hell it work without receiver and its Jam-in it's A** off as is, It's the best 150$ I spend so far for a surround sound system. I have many system and to the price that I payed for , I think its nothing compare to it quality at that price I got it for. I will rate this system 4 out of 5 , worth the money and it can easy be $400+. Come with built - in FM/AM Tuner / Amp / Receiver ... Jam-in right now I have it on volume 2 and its blowing my room up as is. Imagine going pass 40+ volume

Silver Member
Username: Hoosier_daddy

Post Number: 126
why when you look up devinci you pull up what looks like some really high end $hit.....tube stuff and all that.

are you people in denial or plain stupid??
its a scam. if you bought them you were fooled. get over it..

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ele/421186287.html

G35 you a dumbbell, Lets forget the mrsp 3000$ , so you're telling me that a system in a local store cost 500$ with brand name. Bring it home and it ain't shitz. Not even worth the money. Most electronic come over sea anyway. You foulmouth a brand that you never heard of. Do you manufacture this system. How would you know its cheap? So what about the brand name you see in local store? do you guarantee its worth the money you spent?> For all I know Brand name can use a 10$ speaker and sell it for 200$ because of its brand name that most people are use too seeing it. For all I care is, I got my money worth. I have many brand name system and its cost a whole lot more. For the money I spend on this system . Its the best money I spent ever. Just because it have no Coaxial it doesn't mean nothing, there is a way around it.

I am happy that I got scam on this system , for 150$ Its the best money I ever spent. Thanks for those guy who came to me. Even if their spec is misleading. Whatever they got inside. Its alot better then a 400+ dollar system I brought. "Set volume on 2 out of 100 ) Party time. I can feel my house shaking. Maybe My system was made with perfection who knows. And for those who got a crap one. I feel sorry for you. But hell you probably payed 40$ for it. Lets say that it in a good way
They help you not spend that 40$ on food .That might gain a few extra lbs on you.Which in the end, you might spend more money trying to lost weight .

Post Number: 4
LOLLLL

"I am happy that I got scam on this system"

LOLLL, someone is in denial...
i cant tell if ur kidding or really slow.. :S

lol, then again u sound a lot like the guys who sell this stuff.. the point isnt about the system.. its about getting ripped off..
You got ripped off plain and simple... u can get systems at walmart 100x better than this, so you aint fooling anyone.. the goddamn remote says 'REMOTE CONTROL' on it rather than the actual company logo..

lol, get serious buddy..

Post Number: 4
You an Idiot, I know my system buddy, and Wal-mart compare to this ain't no different. Wal-mart carry cheap made items from China/Pakistan/Korea/Japan. This system is way better then Wal-mart and a whole lot cheaper. I am not kidding nor Slow. Seem like your the one who been scam by them . Did they put rock inside your System? I know how that feel buddy . Sorry to hear that. Anybody out there who have D-607 System or anything other system from Divince should know how good it sound.

I just don't get it 100x time better then this Divince System? how much do you have to spend in Wal-mart to compare to this ? 1000$?

First of All I did't get ripped off. Ripoff is when you spend money and get a non working system or a product different from the picture outside the box. Even though the system spec may be a little overwhelm. But I it sound a whole lot better then System pay at Wal-Mart or anywhere.

Second I nobody care about the logo on a remote .
All I know is this system kick AZZ. Ask those who brought the system, beside the optical input. The system give a good punch for the money.

People this day can be easier fool by Brand name. Just because it say Sony,Panasonic,ETC , it suppose to be good and all. I guess if they have the money to spend good for them.

Username: Geri8

I just got the Di Vinci... I'm confused...is it worth setting up?

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 206
What else are you going to do with it???

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_home_theater

Margaritaville, Florida USA

Post Number: 17
sell it on craigs list. its full of people who got scammed, trying to recoup some of thier money.Upload
Upload

Username: Oilman7482

Saint john, N.B. Canada

sorry you got ripped of if you do not have a coxial input or optical you DO NOT HAVE DIGITAL SURROUND SOUND.Also you can get some quality home theater items from walmart if you know your stuff.

Username: Cthoamsgirl

I was given my DiVinci DV-607 new in the box since my friend canceled her wedding. I got it 3 years ago and have had no problems with it. The closest thing I've had to a problem is that my baby knocked down one of the tower speakers and the base screw broke off. I have moved 3 times (once across the country) and the system has held up incredibly well considering. In fact, it is on right now, plugged into my TV, playing my cable radio station. I have used the AM and FM inputs and enjoyed local radio as well. It has also been hooked up to a little DVD player, a VCR, my cable box, and a cheapie TV. All with no problems.

I don't know anything about a scam (I didn't feel the need to research the system as it was free), but if I had paid $50 for this system I would have been stoked. Granted, I am not as "techno-savvy" as some others, but I am quite happy with the system I have.

Oh, and btw, if you go to the DiVinci website, there IS two methods of contacting them. Email and snail-mail. Odd that there is no phone number, but I'd personally rather send an email and go about my day until they get back to me instead of sitting on hold all day. Don't believe me? Check it out:
http://www.divincisound.com/contact2.htm

you people that say you have gotten scammed are a bunch of fu*king retards....walmart has all s*it thats all i know...and all the big brand names well thats what you pay for the damn brand name ...the little logo that they put on that electronic device...mine works fine..i love it and that the end of story

oh and its been 3 years and 20 days since ive had this system and no problems

Username: Jquikkparker

*****does any one want to sell a D-7 remote for the Divinci system
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message