New to the forum need help

Username: Bearindawood

Mass

Post Number: 1
I need help I have a very simple surround set up that I cant for the life of me run through my direct tv dvr. I have the dvr connected to my hdtv via hdmi
The surround dvd works with the tv via s-video but I can not run the surround through the direct tv. I have tried running the surround to the directv rcvr via svideo and optical audio cable but neither works. It only plays in surround if im playing a dvd. its kind of old and doesnt have hdmi. I know I need to upgrade and plan o but would like to get this to work in the interim, thinks.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 842
A little bit more info regarding the equipment you are using would lead to a better answer but if you are using an older AV receiver, duplicate the DVD audio connections and settings to it, disregarding the S-video part.

As the name implies S-Video does not carry audio.

Username: Bearindawood

Mass

Post Number: 2
Thanks
Koss ks 2503 surround system
direct tv hr 10-250 (being replaced this week by the direct tv plus hd dvr which has Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound capability) and a sanyo DP37649 HDTV
The reason I mentioned the S Video is bc thats the only way I was able to get the dvd to work with the tv. When I tried to run it to the dtv rcvr via s video it wouldnt work. The Koss doesnt have an hdmi output and when I ran a optical cord from the koss to the dtv rcvr, i still couldnt get the surround through the tv. Any direction would be greatly appreciated bc as you see, I have no clue what Im doing, thanks again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us