Looking for surround speakers.....

Bronze Member
Username: Lokeyq7

Buffalo, NY

Post Number: 12
I have B&W 683 front speakers and HTM61 Center Channel. Looking for rear speakers. I have heard from several people that it is not as important to keep with the same brand manufacturer or line as it is with fronts and center channels. So, can anyone give me some of the better rear speakers on the market?

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 796
While the sound from the rears may not be considered by some to be as critical as that from the fronts, if you like the B & W's that you already have there is no better speaker for the rears than the matching B & W's.

Sticking with the same brand would avoid several issues with the most critical being impedance matching.

Bronze Member
Username: Lokeyq7

Buffalo, NY

Post Number: 13
Thanks Jim.
Given your post do you or anyone else out there have any knowledge about the B&W DS3 rear speaker. It functions in both dipole and monopole. So, I guess that's a plus. Appreciate any opinions if anyone has listened to them.

Bronze Member
Username: Mike19

Tallahassee, Fla USA

Post Number: 21
Hi Sherman.
My rear speakers are the cheapest speakers that B&W makes: LM1s. They sound great. So, any B&W speakers you get for the rears will be fine.

My understanding is that bi-pole/di-pole speakers are best used as side surrounds rather than rears. You can contact B&W via Customer Support on thier web site and ask them about this. They will respond.

Mike

Username: Surentechy

Mumbai, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 1
Yes dear B&w speakers are best as for my home theater with Panasonic TCP50C1 I always focus on installation rather than speakers. So that you can feel like Theater while watching our fvrt one for that what I can suggest you is for In ceiling speakers of your Favorite brands as B&w is, you can have more info more hometheaterstore.com only online Web for Home Theater and Equipments

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 804
"I always focus on installation rather than speakers"

WHAT????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us