Sony DAV-HDX589W Question (HITB)

Username: Xhellionx

Post Number: 1
So I haven't bought it yet, but it seems to be the best low-budget HITB to fit my application. I own a condo but have nor the skills, nor $ to run wires in the wall, the ceiling, or the floor to feed the rear speakers which is why this Sony fits. My question/issue:

I plan on running my Sony 52" Bravia, AT&T U-Verse cable DVR, and PS3 all through the Sony HTIB. I know there is a limited number of connections on the back of this badboy so my question is simple: can I do it?

I found another thread on here similar but he was trying to run all of the above in addition to an XBOX 360. AllI I want to be able to do is run my PS3 in conjunction with the normal cable box and TV. Is it possible to do this without having to plug and unplug things in everytime? Keep in mind, I want to be able to have the HT surround sound when watching regular cable TV, movies through the provided DVD player/receiver from the SonyDAV-HDX589W, and games/blueray through my PS3.

Sorry, long-winded. If anyone has any other suggestions I'm happy to hear them out. I only have $400 to spend which is why this fits in my budget. Looking fior any help people are willing to give!!! :-)

THANKS!
-Robert

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 874
Greetings Robert,

Another consideration might be a sound bar where all of your components are connected to the TV and the audio out of your TV to the sound bar. The advantages are many such as the cost, ease of installation, size and most will give a substantial improvement to the TV speakers sound.

Username: Josh209

Post Number: 9
well i got a sony dav htib and there is no hdmi inputs so i had to connect all my stuff (cablebox, ps3, 360 and computer) to my sony tv then took the digital optical output from the tv and connected it to my sony htib input then i sync'd up my tv with my htib (bravia sync).. i think it was a pretty cool what sony did like what i mean is i can use any of my game systems and stuff at night without my home theater system booming threw the night.. +you might want to upgrade the subwoofer because the one it comes with it sorta has weak bass porfermance
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us