Looking to get my first home theater system!!!

Username: Packplayr

Post Number: 1
Im in the market for a home theater system and I want to one stop shop. Im looking to spend between $350 and $650. I would love a package that comes with an upscaling to 1080p DVD player, minimum 3 HDMI in ports, and sound quality that would rival Bose. Is there such a system. Please help me.

Post Number: 2
I also want to have wireless rear speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 561
I would look into Panasonic Home Theater in a Box units (HTiB) as most of them are now "wireless" rears. Keep in mind that by "wireless" they mean it is only wireless from the front to the back of the room. There are still wires to deal with from a receiver unit to the rear speakers. I am not sure if this is relevant to your situation but it has been to a couple of jobs I have done using these things.

Oh, I just can't help mentioning that "sound quality that would rival Bose" is not going to happen and for me and a lot of others here in this (and most other) forum that would be a GOOD thing! Bose has it's own unique "sound" and I certainly would not recommend using it as a benchmark.

Post Number: 3
Is there an separate unit that I can buy to make my rear speakers wireless? I saw the Rocketfish Universal Wireless Rear Speaker Kit, the Wireless 5.8GHz Speaker Amplifier Rear Channel Digital Audio Link for Surround Speakers, the Kenwood RFU-6100 Wireless Module for Surround Speakers, the LG ACC98WK Universal Wireless Rear Speaker, and the KEF Universal Wireless System on amazon. Which is the best? I want to get a receiver system with multiple HDMI out ports and avoid the all in one system with only one HDMI ports. Please let me know what my options are.

Thanks.

Aaron

Bronze Member
Username: Vm8444

Post Number: 35
kef is probably a name I would go with,,but your price range I really don't see it happening ,,especially if you want quality sound,,
the bose reference above by jim says it all on how little we like bose here..,, I install too and if done correctly wires with wires is the way to go.
go with onkyo 606 reciever ,,
psb or paradigm or boston acoustics 5.1 then a blu ray player.
probably double the price you said but you can get it used for a fair price.

Im also have a 5.1 boston a coustic system for sale with sub

the msc100
vince

Post Number: 4
What is the best system I can get for no more than $600. I would love a package that comes with an upscaling to 1080p DVD player and minimum 3 HDMI in ports. Good sound quality is a must, but I understand that sound quality is a personal preference. Thanks for the help.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 578
You could look into something like this:

http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=HT-S5100&class=Systems&p=i

or

http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=HT-S6100&class=Systems&p=i

These seem to have all of the features you are requesting

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
hey broother jim you beat me to the post are links ok?

http://shopper.cnet.com/home-theater-systems/onkyo-ht-s5100-black/4014-6740_9-33 016441.html?tag=rightCol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
but wireless rears you want then you lost me ,,
panasonic is alright ,,
sound quality doesn't compare to the onkyo though..
if wires you don't wanna see and you don't want to get a proper install then go with perluss moulding thats white and it sits above your baseboard,,audio small stores would have it.,
it really blends in about 9 bucks per 6 feet wires is hidden inside it..
but panasonic is fine with the wireless rears set up which I dislike.

theaudioguy.ca
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us