Putting a Home Theater under $1500

Username: Chai

Post Number: 2
I am trying to put a Home Theater system mainly for watching movies and listening to music with a budget of $1500. The room is 20' X 16' where my Sony Bravia 52" is located.
Can someone guide me as I looked at Bose Accoustimass 16 Series II, JBL CS480GB, HKTS 18 and KEF 3000, But was confused as I have heard that JBL and HKTS offer more than Bose.

Can someone put this in perspective for me.I have already selected Onkyo SR705 received and need to select speakers under $1200.

I would appreciate some guidance to help me decide.

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 211
There will be many brands of speakers that will do extremely well with your Onkyo at the $1200.00 price point. The Bose system will give you the least bang for the buck while the JBL will give you the most (at least from those on your list. The idea though is to go with what sounds best to you. IF you get the chance go out and listen to every brand you can. You will soon get a "feel" for what you like and this should then make the decision a lot easier.

Happy listening!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 496
Jim gave you some good advice. There lots of speaker systems in your price range but you have to get out of the big stores to find the better ones.TV, DVD ,ect.. can be had at best buy or circuit city but for the better speaker packages you need to go to a high end home theater store. High end does not mean high price there are many speaker packages in your price range. Paradigm, Energy, PSB, B&W, Definitive Technology, Mirage, and many more. Go to web and look at any of these speaker makers and look for a dealer near you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us