Connecting an Av amp to PC

Username: Dawsey

Post Number: 1
hi bitta noob when i comes to sound but please read on :-), i am but i currently own a Sony STRDE495(AV Receiver) and a compuet with an Asrock K7S8X motherboard i would just like to know how i would go about connecting the two together so that i can play music via windows media or powerdvd (basicly any sound on my pc) and have it play via the amp? im such a noob at this but basicly if anyone wouldnt mind explaining what leads i would need etc i would be extremly greatful :-)

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 497
You only need a cable like this -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32833%26item%3D5715073592

Hook the single part to the "speaker out" of your computer, and the 2 parts to "AUX" in of your sony, and you are set!

Username: Hackor

Hi,

This link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32833&item%3D5715073592
is not available on the Ebay site anymore. Can someone pls post the make/model or a picture of the cable above?? I would also like to hook up my PC to my Sony AV Receiver

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13200
You think?

Look at the dates of the post...2004! :-)

You need to look at the audio outputs of your PC. If you just want to hook it up to the analog input of your receiver you will need a mini stereo plug to RCA adaptor. You can get this at most electronics store.

Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 6
LOL!

Username: Kev7017

United States

I have a HP PC that i would like to connect the audio to my 5.1 onkyo digital receiver. How do i go about this?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14668
Does the PC have digital audio outputs?

Username: Kev7017

United States

Post Number: 2
Yes the pc does have digital in/out audio.
the receiver has video in and out, and tape in and out.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14687
Connect the digital audio output of the PC to the digital audio input of the receiver. You only use 1 cable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us