Advice on HTPC setup needed

Username: Shriramosu

Beaverton, Oregon

Post Number: 1
Hi

I am an audiophile and budding videophile. I just bought a Hitachi 50V500 TV (dealing with the red cloud issue) and wanted to get advice on HTPC or alternate setup.

Background, use TV for DVD and OTA only (right now my DVD player broke and don't have cable/sat). My choices are

1. Buy something like the LG LST 3510A which has DVD player and tuner with DVI out or

2. Try and configure my PC to be my tuner, DVD player and PVR. My PC has 2.4Ghz P4 with HT, 512 MB DDR, ATI Allin Wonder 9000, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and 16X DVD ROM drive

Any suggestions on what I get (hopefully better audio/video quality with HTPC) w/ HTPC and components I need (assume I need a HD Tuner and maybe an upgraded sound card).

My audio set up is 5 Vandersteen speakers, with a Panasonic XR 55 receiver and a HSU VTF 2 subwoofer.

Thanks

Shriram

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7782
Check this out for your Media Center PC set up.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0%2C1697%2C1910025%2C00.asp

How do you like the Vandersteen/Panasonic XR55 Set-up? I am curious as to this new fangled Panasonic craze that has been going around.

It never ceases to amaze me that someone can actually proclaim themselves to be audiophiles:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us