Speaker level output for LFE

Username: Pynkfloyd

Post Number: 1
I was just wondering if a powered sub is connected to a reviever via a speaker level output dedicated to LFE, will the sub be putting a strain on the revievers amp or will it simply be using that signal to reproduce the LFE channel?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7063
Good question. I haven't really done any measurements but I would think that it will still be using that power since the signal is stepped down when it gets to the subwoofer.

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 1386
Mike Arbia and Berny

Evening there

Well you can measure the output from the Baby Boom channel (LFE.1) at its output connection with a volt meter, I would recommended using one with digital display, rather than one with an analogue readout, with the digital meter you will be able to see the decimal point which will make far easier.

Upload

Once you have checked the out from the AVR's Baby Boom channel (LFE.1) output, connect the RCA phone lead to it, and recheck it at the end of the lead, if there is a slight drop in output, it really shouldn't affect the performance.

Upload

If you what you can do the same with checking all three screen channels and split-surrounds, at the crossover point, LOL, but I'd rather stick to the old way of using a SPL db meter and RTA analyser, but if you have an oscilloscope and wanted to get really, and deeply involved with this task, be guest.

Ashley C' THX 3417

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us