Bose advise.

Username: Seros

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I'm setting up a 5.1 system at home. I have a great Sony amp but want to buy some bose speakers to use with it.

I would like to get 5 of the small Bose Jewel Cubes and a Bose Sub... will this be ok? Do i have to watch out for anything? Do i need anything else?

Any advice would be great. I definatly want Bose, but whether it will work is another question.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6549
If you definitely want Bose, then just get it. It will work, you can hear the sounds coming out.

Why bother asking if "this will be ok?" Then add, "I definitely want Bose". There really is no room for advise, is there?

You do not need anything else, just get it and enjoy it for as much as you can.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 823

Berny your politeness is very refreshing. I am taping my fingers together so that I won't respond to this the way I would like to.

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 85
Luc if you read this forum you will see most people here do not like Bose. I also don't like Sony audio unless it's ther ES line. What sony amp are you talking about and why Bose and not something else.

Bronze Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 64
no highs no lows its bose i personaly hate bose it cost them prob 50 cents to make one of those little speakers and yet they have the nurve to sell them for hundreds of dollars if u really know speakers they dont even sound good

RIP OFF
buy a some paradigm or energy bookshelfs and if there to much then screw the 5.1 it would sound better anyways

Gold Member

Post Number: 6561
Luc does not want any advice.

He just wants to know if it "will work".

Let him take his own journey. He will discover things soon enough.

Too subtle you think, Stof?lol:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
luc dont get them jus think of it this way learn from someone elses mistakes dont buy em u will thank me

berny berny how could u be so mean lettin someone buy suttin like dat

Silver Member

Post Number: 826
That was my conondrum as well. Do you let the man go out and buy something he may hate soon and learn on his own or do you give him some fatherly advice.

Luc I am your father

Gold Member

Post Number: 6585
LOL

What do you do you do when a kid insists on sticking a pin into an outlet after you repeatedly tell them no to do so?

Let them...I can guarantee that they won't ever do it again!

LOL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
haha well after ready this he will never buy bose i think he has already made up his mind

Username: Seros

Post Number: 2
Well what about the UK brand Welling?

I want something small and designer friendly.

Im not a home audio geek, i just listen to music and the odd movie.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6659
Luc,
The thing is, you have to listen to these speakers so you can make a decision on which sounds better to YOUR ears. Who knows, maybe you'll even prefer Bose. If you like them, we or anyone else in these forum cannot tell you otherwise.
Go out there and listen, and bring your own material, so that you can better judge the sound qualtiy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 832
Luc if you are in US there are a bunch of small stylish satelite types to look at without getting ripped off with sound quality. Take a look at Orb, Anthony Gallo, Aprion. Some you can hear in the stores and some are internet brand that have a money back 30 day evaluation period. So you can try it with your equipment and see how it sounds.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us