Which Connection?

Username: Coolskeez

Sacramento, CA

Post Number: 1
I have a DVD with the upconversion feature. I am currently looking to purchase a new LCD Flat Screen. The problem I am finding is that most TV's have only one HDMI or DVI connection. Therfore I would have to determine which componet get that connection. Either the HD or DVD. All the TV's do have componet connections, but I am not sure how much quality I will loose using that for the DVD. Thanks for your time.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 812
What do you mean which component get's that connection? DVD and what else do you have cable or satellite?

Generally component is not going to be as hi res as HDMI. If it did, they wouldn't put all that copy protection schemes on it and develop HDMI. However since DVD is purely hi-rez and TV/Satellite is only mostly hi-def, you may want to connect that using component connection.

Username: Shaki

HOUSTON, TX USA

Post Number: 3
Hi Dirk Lee, I had the same question and someone informed me that there is a HDMI switch that you can buy for $300. Go to Google and inquire about HDMI switch. That switch will allow you to connect two devices to one source (TV). Take care.

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 83
Use the HDmi with the upconverting DVD player there is no other way to take advantage of the upconversion. Use the component connection for the cable box. New TV's comming to the market this year may have two HDMI inputs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us