Cables -- HELP!!

snejk
Unregistered guest
I am trying to connect my PC video card (which features tv out) to my tv. Unfortunately there is quite a long distance and when i use an standard RCA cable the picture comes very distorted.
Should i try using an S-Video cable? Will this give me better quality?

I have all the video signals bypassed to the receiver which supports S-Video input so changing the video cables to S-video shouldnt be a problem.

The only disadvantage is that my tv doesnt support S-video. How is the best way to connect the amp to the tv (for video signal)?
Can i use an S-Video to scart (if it exists)
or should i use RCA to scart?
Which of the 2 (or any other solutions) do you suggest??
Thanks

Username: Pbar

Post Number: 4
Try using s-video to the receiver then use rca video out to the t.v. . This may work, pic quality is better with s-video not sure how it will react to video in on the t.v. . You won't hurt anything just try it.

Snejk
Unregistered guest
I was wondering.. if i use s-video from dvd, pc etc. to my amp and from my receiver to tv i use composite will i lose the picture quality which the reciever is actually inputting? If so i assume its not worth using s-video between dvd and receiver.?

Post Number: 6
Composite is higher quality than s-video. I don't think it will work though. Give it a try

snejk
Unregistered guest
Is there some kind of cable S-video to scart and yet maintaining the quality of S-Video ?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2293
Actually composite is lower quality than s-video. Component video is higher than s-video.

Post Number: 7
My apology Got component and composite mixed upped DAH

Bronze Member
Username: Tipstir

Post Number: 47
Still can't tell much of a difference between the two. S-video still shines. Unless you have all component video connections for everything.

On the PC side that S-Video connection isn't that hot unless your video card has a hardware decoder on it. Like products like WinTV PVR-350 MPEG2 Hardware Encoder/Decoder capture card. Would give you better results.

Snejk
Unregistered guest
How do you guys rate the quality of RGB through scart? Is it better over S-Video..
I found a scart plug with S-Video on the other end. I suppose it uses the S-Video of pin of the scart. Is that right? So i assume if I use that cable and connect it to my TV i get s-video quality ???

Snejk
Unregistered guest
Better still - my DVD has component out (3 rca plugs).
If i use a component (3 rca) to scart to connect it to my tv will that give me the Component video quality?
Is RGB (on scart) the same as component?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us