Auto shut off on subwoofer kicking in

Username: Wayneh

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
I have a problem with my subwoofer. At low volumes or during quiet scenes, the sub shuts off (the light goes out as well - it has an auto shut off, but I thought as soon as any sound is there, it stays on). It is an older model D-Box 250 from David Electronics. It has worked flawlessly for about 7 years. I just recently upgraded my surround speakers to the Athena Point 5 MKII's. Great little set of speakers. I fiddled with the settings on my Denon 1705 receiver and wonder if I inadvertently screwed up something. I've set the 5 speakers to large, have the sub on, set the x-over at 120hz, and have the +mains option selected.Any thoughts? Is time to open up the sub and look inside? Could a resistor or something like that be gone? Or could it be with my Denon receiver (6 months old)?
Thanks,
Wayne

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 284
Don't attempt repair unless you absolutely know what you're doing. Try going into your receiver menu and raising the sub output (volume). This will increase the signal to the sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Jbecvar

Post Number: 35
It could be with the speaker settings you have, that since you set everything to large, all the speakers are getting all the bass, and the sub is not getting an adequate signal enough to kick on. Since it's with the scenes or volume you described, that's what I figure it is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us