Audigy 2 ZS not producing surround sound

Username: Buzert

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 10
Problem;

No sound from sub unless I use power DVD to play music and movies.

System;

Windows XP
Audigy 2 ZS sound card (Running 3 cables from the sound car using the analong option to my tuner)
Yamaha Tuner (using the mulit channel input, this is a 1 year old tuner)

What have I tried;

Okay so I uninstalled all the sound drivers and applications. I reinstalled them right from the creative site and now have the latest drivers and applications.
All applications and what not are set to 5.1 surround. The CMSS 3D is set to Stereo Surround. The decoder is set to Use Built in Decder and dolby digital ex and dts are on. And the EAX is set to (no Effects).

I reinstalled winamp and still no luck. So to sum things up my sub does not work unless I use power DVD. Winamp, windows media player and all my games are not using the sub and I'm starting to wonder if anything is even playing in surround sound. THis is a huge piss off and it's driving me crazy.

Incase you're wondering, yes I did double check the cables and switch them to see if there was a faulty one, which there is not. I also purposly switched the sub and center channel RCA's and the opposite happens, the sub is on and the center channel is off. WTF?

Can somebody please help? A million thank you to the person that fiqures it out.

Username: Bigspendernot

Post Number: 1
I, too, am having this exact problem and I can't find any info at all on the Internet regarding this! Did you find an answer Buzzy? If not, is there anyone out there that has any suggestions? The subwoofer works through the digital port, and also through multichannel analog for THX and DTS decoding, but not using iTunes (or any other music player for that matter). I have the latest drivers. This issue is quite a bugger. I'll even take shots in the dark from anyone at this point!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us