One of the BEST shows on television...

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4900
Breaking Bad. If you haven't seen it, get the first season immediately. Brilliantly written. Brilliantly acted. Awesome show.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5978
I totally agree... been watching it since a couple months after it first came on. Bryan didn't win three Best Actor Emmy's in a row for nothing. If you watch the first video Ehren posted, then the second, it is crazy that it's the same guy. Aaron Paul is also awesome.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4901
I'll probably finish Season 2 tonight. I have two episodes left and I'm sure some crazy stuff will go down.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24849
Watched the vids and was impressed. Good story no doubt.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5980
Oh and, if Bryan Cranston looks familiar to some of you and you can't figure out from where, he was Hal (the father) on Malcolm In The Middle for seven seasons.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9777
This is OFN. Old f'ing news Ehren, I found out this was definitely one of the best shows last Summer :D I pretty much binged on it for a week and was all out of episodes to watch.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4902
I'm aware that I'm well behind. I just finished season 2 and I think season 3 is already out on DVD. Who cares if it's "OFN" though, I'm just happy to add a respectable thread to this awful message board that I still frequent for reasons I'm not even sure of.

Anyways, the quality of the writing on Breaking Bad reminds me of my all time favorite show, The Wire. At least in the sense that they don't betray the realism in the storyline with overly sensationalized bull@#$%. They don't take the easy way out. Walter White isn't living the life and raking in cash, but rather everything is going to s@#$, and the very people he set out to protect (his family), are actually the people he's hurting the most. The processes he goes through, the precautions he takes, the lies that keep piling up, the dangers, the consequences... it's all realistic, and never watered down.

Paul, put season 1 on your netflix queue.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3477
i've watched the first two episodes but haven't gotten around to the rest yet. still trying to finish season 5 of Dexter, then hopefully i can continue BB

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 2043
Wow I didn't know what I was missing out on. I need to start watching this show.

We need more threads like this! lol

(Eric...Dexter is bad@ss man....but so far Seasons 4 and 1 are the best. Can't wait for season 6)

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4903
Dexter is an OK show. It can be captivating, and entertaining, but I don't think it's on the same level as other great shows like Breaking Bad, or The Wire.

SPOILER ALERT: You may not want to read below if you haven't seen Dexter and want to watch in the future.

While I like the show, it annoys me at times. Dexter is at its best when the writers don't shy away from what their main character really is and should be, A MURDERER. Pretty much the entire "family man" plot with Rita and her kids for a couple seasons was just obnoxious and stupid. In my opinion the writers tried (and succeeded with many fans) to make him sort of a lovable do-gooder because he only kills bad people. And I think that's how most fans of the show view him. Most fans think of him as a good guy, and you have to remind them that whether his victims are upstanding citizens or not, he is a SERIAL KILLER. It's up to the writers to define who character really is, but to me the path they took him on through the second and third season (it's been a while so my timeline might be off) was unrealistic to the character as he was first introduced and developed in the show.

The other thing that bugs me is the way every season does a great job of building tension and thickening the plot all through the season, only to end in a disappointing "deus ex machina". Almost every season involves an extremely interesting, high-tension cat and mouse game between Dexter and one or more people who are on to him and could potentially expose him. But they always seem to just conveniently kill off the character threatening Dexter. I understand that characters being killed isn't that far fetched on a show about a serial killer, but the writers use it as a cop out. And unfortunately, the show loses all its best supporting characters and antagonists that way.

I think of Dexter as "the one that got away". When I heard about the concept of the show years ago and started season 1, I thought it was the coolest f@#$ing show I'd ever seen. But in my opinion they got away from what the show was meant to be.

What do you guys think?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3491
i agree with you on a few points you've made, Ehren. killing off the antagonists is definitely hurting the show. the first season will not be topped. the first episode got me absolutely hooked. i watched them as fast as I could d/l them, lol. but since the last few seasons i've been taking my time getting through them. its still a great show imo but the current stuff doesn't hold a candle to where it was.

the same thing happened to weeds. as soon as they left Agrestic things went downhill. i still watch it but go in not expecting much. but seeing as how Michelle Trachtenberg is in this latest run i will definitely be keeping my eye out on it

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Crescendo Audio FTMFW!!!, AA Havoc 15 ... Your Mom FTW!!!

Post Number: 3480
This show is meh at best imo. I tried watching it a few different times and just couldnt get in to it for some reason. Put on The Walking Dead and Im cool or some Family Guy lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us