I kneel before you and beg for assisstance, for I am computarded. (Brad?)

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4540
Help.

I have a ".docx" file that I can't open for the life of me. I did a search on this file type and was led to believe that I need a program called "paretologic filecure", but it says the file is fine. This prog was probably a virus, and my identity is most likely being stolen as we speak (that's fine I've been wanting a new one anyway).

I suspect the problem is a result of me running Windows 7, while my douchey boss is using Word2007.

Help me Bradley Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1720
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=941B3470-3AE9-4AEE-8F43 -C6BB74CD1466&displaylang=en

You can download this and it will open all 2007 Office documents with the 2003 software. Do you even have the 2003 software?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1721
That is Microsoft Office 2003 or Microsoft Word 2003. Do you already have that?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4541
I don't know what I have lmao. I use Windows 7's "Microsoft Works" when I need to type sh!t.

I couldn't download your program, it said unable to install because another version already exists on this computer.

Anyways, I was able to open the .docx file using wordpad... I'm not even really sure how I did it lol. It opened it saying that it was "unable to support all of the files features", but it seemed fine to me.

The immediate issue is resolved since I was able to read the info my boss had sent me.

Thank you very much for the advice Skullz.

I want a mac.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1722
No prob Ehren!

Btw - have you ever used a Mac?
Its much more stable than windows but I think windows is much easier to use. I would even say its more user friendly. I have a Macbook and a pc so thats why i can compare them. I use the mac strictly for work/photo editing and my pc for everything else.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23183
Is it worth the $$ though Skullz? Macs are known for their stability but at 2X cost though? Guessing but should be in the ball park.

I'd LOVE a mac but in today's world dropping a G for a PC is expensive.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1723
No Paul.

If anyone is buying a laptop and is on a budget (and most people are), I would recommend a PC or windows laptop. These days for 500-800 you can get a VERY good deal on laptops that run windows. For instance, Dell has great deals going on once a while. I always recommend Dell laptops to people because of their prices, durability and warranty. I'm sure others here may disagree but I've found Dell to be on top of the list when on a budget and best bang for the buck.

I've owned numerous HP laptops and had nothing but problems (hard drives and batter supplies seemed to have the most issues). I still have an HP laptop (convertible notebook witht he swivel screen) but i prefer my Dell laptop over it.

I worked with Sony laptops before. I loved them - but they too are pretty expensive. IBMs are great as well - ideal for business use.

Then its the Macbook (thank you employer). Superfast, stable but can be awkards at times possbiliy because i'm too used to windows. I don't think its worth the money. Apple lovers don't give a crap about the $$. They get it just to have it and i'm dead serious. You should have seen lines at the Apple store in the city when the ipad/iphones were released. Worse than best buy on black friday.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4542
I have a little experience using macs, but not a lot. I've always just heard that they are much more user friendly and intuitive than PCs. Also much easier to keep virus free. I don't really know those things from experience though, just reputation.

I can never seem to keep a computer virus free for very long My current laptop has been great for the 9 months or so I've had it, but recently it seems to be slowing down and behaving strangely, I'm SURE I have virus issues. It's exhibiting the same symptoms my pc's have for the past 5 years that always end up being virus issues.

When I got this "craptop" (that's for you Brad), I made a thread asking Brad for help setting it up in a way that would keep it clean and smooth. Brad, in typical Brad form, was extremely helpful. But, sure enough, I ran into all sorts of problems trying to set up my computer the way he recommended, not because he gave faulty advice, but because I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I'm unable to install programs for various reasons, programs won't seem to run the way they're supposed to, I get confused, and inevitably frustration sets in.

It doesn't help that I'm single, and getting laid right now is unpredictable and inconsistent, so pronz are pretty much necessary.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11192
docx is word 2007 format. Install the word viewer and you can open it, but not edit / save.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=3657ce88-7cfa-457a-9aec -f4f827f20cac&displaylang=en

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5777
I got you covered on the pron:

Best.site.ever.

link

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4543
Ha! Thanks Brad. I clicked the link and the first girl I saw was Faye Reagan. Me likey. I love Faye.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4587
Who uses Gmail to collect emails from different addresses? I'm trying to set this up, and I can't get my yahoo addresses to automatically forward/import into Gmail.

I've been troubleshooting this for a half hour, and it seems I have to upgrade to yahoo's "mail plus" so I can enable "POP"... is there a way to get this sh!t done that I'm not figuring out? I'm not paying $20 to upgrade to yahoo's "mail plus"... that's bullsh!t.

????

Thanks.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5796
The problem is that some regions don't allow free POP3 forwarding. Here is what to do:

1. Go to https://edit.yahoo.com/config/eval_profile
2. Login
3. Click on Set language, site, time zone
4. Click the drop down box for Regional Site and Language, select Yahoo! Asia and click Save.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4590
Thanks for the info, Brad. That worked for one of my two yahoo addresses, but not the second. I set up the first one like you said, tested it, and it went to my gmail inbox automatically. I went to set up the second yahoo address, and after changing the regional setting, when I go to mail options there isn't even a section now for forwarding the address.

Maybe they only allow you to forward one yahoo address? Thanks again, you're the man.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5798
Try to put the other account on a different region than Asia in the drop down. It may be that they limit each (free, not USA) region account to one POP3 activation.

Silver Member
Username: Harding

Post Number: 277
http://www.openoffice.org/

OpenOffice version 3.0 and above will open docx files. You can then save as .doc file and that is all there is to it. You can even edit the file and save it again as docx file to send back to somebody if that is what you intend to do.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4600
Well, this whole thing is just stupid. I've decided yahoo sucks, hard.

Like I said, I got one to work. For the other, I changed the region to a few other non-US options, and all of them seem to be the same as US, yahoo plus is required. After doing some quick research, it looks like Asia is the one and only exception, and apparently you can only do this for one account.

I also tried to go back to account#1 and switch it off of Asia to see if I could somehow confuse yahoo into letting me activate pop3 for both, but no.

This. Is. Retarded.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4640
Do any of you guys use the programs ComboFix, MalwareBytes, or Microsoft Security Essentials?

What do you think of those progs, Brad?

We've been having computer problems at work, and our guys are using those progs. Things seem to be running much more smoothly right now.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11357
malwarebytes owns... we ran that where i used to work and i run it on all my machines.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4641
Cool. We were getting mass pop ups claiming things like "your computer is under attack", and "we have detected 68 threats", which I know are BS. So they had me run malwarebytes and it really seemed to sh!t on the fake security alerts. They were coming every couple minutes, and then voila! Gone!

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1285
Looks like too many people like to watch p0rn at work lol.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4642
Haha I doubt it's p0rn Julian, more like Facebook and other web surfing. Considering half my employees are in high school, what do you expect. I've been checking the browser history frequently, hoping to catch them so I can regulate on someone, but I think they know how to activate "private browsing".

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1286

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4855
LMAO... how did I miss that video like 6 months ago?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1998
i can't see the video - says it has been removed due to violated terms of service...bla bla

I don't know how i missed Brads link - fckin amazing!! such high quality lol. Def in my fav 5 haha
Right next to empflix and youp*rn
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us