A Little Too Close To Home

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1814
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/tornado.Streator.2.1735356.html

Streator is 12 miles from where I live. The storm was crazy. Power only went out here for about 15 minutes. Some people in Streator still don't have power, or homes.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1815

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5325
Wow, I feel for those ppl who lost loved ones or thier homes. It must be devastating to lose so much in just a matter of minutes. That same storm blew thru MA over the weekend causing some damage as well. We were on tornado watch sat and Sun. Alot of trees came down up north, but nothing near me. It amazes me the that natural events can cause such damage. Earthquakes, Vocanos, Fires, Floods, tornados, Hurricanes, Sunami's, Oil Spills.
All one can do after such an event is try to put thier lives back together and move on. It realy must be hard to come to terms with something of that magnitude and carry on.
BTW, Im glad you and yours are ok.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22896
Indeed. Mother nature has been busy this year. Makes you appreciate and respect the power of life, and also how fragile it can be.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1816
I think they said there were only 14 injured, no fatalities. The town next to Streator wasn't so lucky. I heard it took out a whole trailer park and killed 3 people.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1820
We had a nasty wind storm this afternoon. The power just came back on. From 2:00pm until 4:30am. The wind took out two telephone poles. It took the stupid azz fire department that we have here three hours to find the downed poles (which are a quarter mile from my house). Sh!t I could see them from my back yard. Our towns "rescue" vehicle drove by my house twice before they found it. Anyway, I just had an weird night just sitting by myself with candles burning. Very boring.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22916

quote:

Anyway, I just had an weird night just sitting by myself with candles burning. Very boring.

I bought a generator for just such occasions. Problem with me is that by the time I get the generator out from the shed and up an running the power kicks back on. I never lose power for more than up to an hour so......

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1825
Yeah, my neighbor has one that kicks on automatically when the power goes out. I'm sure that one cost a pretty penny. We've never had the power go out that long before so we never thought to buy one until yesterday. Might be getting one soon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us