4.10s..nitrous..exhaust=a good time! Long Story

Bronze Member
Username: Ultimatebass

St paul, Mn U.S.

Post Number: 16
Hey everyone I joined Ecoustics in 08 but just got back from blowing sh** up in the desert(afganistan) not too long ago.I bought a new toy its a red 03' mach 1 5 spd manual on 8/21/10.. had her dyno tuned and took her to the track(bone stock) after some regular maintenance performed and got a solid 281RWHP and 311 ft-lb RWTQ and did a 13.2 @ 104.3mph after a few practice passes!.. Now this is my first sports car and I allready wanted a little more so...
I installed yesterday 4.10 gears, those 4.6 DOHC mod motors love to rev my stock redline is 6800! I also threw a small 75 shot of no2 and a magnaflow cat-back and matching o/r x pipe, topped w/ a custom dyno tune and was rewarded w/ 379 FACE MELTING RWHP and a ground-twisting 404 ft-lb RWTQ!

My 1st day w/ the crazy good power and lo' and behold this butt-icker in a black new Camaro SS is riding my bum and weaving through traffic(like a ricer) so I just cruised along maintaining my speed and pissing him off even more hehe. and I turn off my exit to work and mr.needle dick follows and shoots around me on the shoulder and throws me a rev. Now i'm one for logical thinking and maturity even tho I'm only 22 but this refried Kum bubble was begging to get whooped on by a lil stang..
We turned right and got to about 30 in 2nd and honked it off 1....2....3! I roasted my nittos all of 2nd gear, and side stepped it to 3rd and by the time i hit 4th he was a good 3-4 car lengths back! After I stopped smiling and laughing and the adrenaline wore off I was like damn I wonder what would of happened if I didn't hit the no2 and it was then the realization hit me.... I forgot to hit my little red switch!!! I was 2 say the least stoked about
A- Beating said asshat w/o no2
B- not getting pulled over lol

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11474
Thats some nice power even if it is a ford. lol.

But nawwws is ghey

Bronze Member

St paul, Mn U.S.

Post Number: 20
Well sir nawwws maybe ghey lol but if you wanna by me a supacharga I will gladly accept hehe...
Seriously though I wish I had the denero' for a supercharger!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8408
m.s will always be a douchbag so dont worry..

Bronze Member

St paul, Mn U.S.

Post Number: 26
I'm sensing some bad blood between u 2? Anyway its cool I laughed at the comment I didn't think he was being a D-bag.. my friends gimme way more sh!t but none of their rides can keep up haha!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9684
BULL$h1t.

Bronze Member

St paul, Mn U.S.

Post Number: 27
^^why are you skeptical?

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9686
Probably because that's what a PROFESSIONAL DRIVER can BARELY pull in that car. This 1/4 mile time is ridiculously low for just a few practice passes.

Bronze Member

St paul, Mn U.S.

Post Number: 28
Yes I was quite impressed myself but it does not take a professional driver sorry. Go over to MACH 1 registery and see what a good driver w/ a stock mach can do, its quite impressive. These cars have a good set-up from the factory for the strip.

When the mach 1's were 1st introduced w/ a pro driver behind the wheel bone stock w/ stickier tires (which I have) they were pulling 12.9-13.0 in the 5spd. My mach 1 had a k+n drop in filter with sticky tires and the driver mod, yes I consider myself a decent driver. This was not my 1st fast car I have also owned an 01 cobra (loved that car) and a 99' camaro ss all manuals. I'm not a stranger to driving a manual sports car.

My time can be replicated by getting some good tires and some experience behind a manual. I simply revved to 4500 and launched her perfectly and nailed every gear. My 1st pass was a 13.6 and the ET's just started dropping from there.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9687
"Now this is my first sports car and I allready wanted a little more so... "

Lol, I'm done with you brah.

Bronze Member

St paul, Mn U.S.

Post Number: 29
EDIT: Should have read "Now this isn't my first sports car so I allready wanted a little more". My mistake.

Bronze Member

St paul, Mn U.S.

Post Number: 30
Also what does "brah" mean? Usually I don't give a sh!t if someone doubts what I say, but when they throw a word in that I've never heard I wanna know what it means. Excuse my stupidity

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23686
Brah, bro, brother, ect.

Bronze Member

St paul, Mn U.S.

Post Number: 31
Thank you Paul. I'm a little behind with the times

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23691
Dude. I'm 40 years old myself. Lately everything around me seems "behind the times."

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15626
haha

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4703
Not to be confused with "bra", which is what Rob is still hoping to get off of a girl one day.

Done.

Bronze Member

St paul, Mn U.S.

Post Number: 33
I feel ya Paul. Man I'm just 22 and I'm allready behind the times imagine when I hit 40 haha.
@ Ehren I don't know who Rob is but maybe somebody should give him some pointers on how 2 snag some azz.......poor kid

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 6436
Rob is "I'm not g@y but $20 is $20". He's a f*ckin tool.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11235
post some vids of your new whip, 03mach1

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9699
Yes, rich guy, you're right, I'm a tool, no big deal.

And if I had a dollar for every time someone younger called their elder a "kid" I'd have as much money as the silver-spoon fed guy's mom in this thread :D

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4730
For the record, I was just kidding. I like Rob.

Bronze Member

St paul, Mn U.S.

Post Number: 42
Rob or the I'm not g@y but $20 is $20 or whatever. I bust my butt for everything I have. My family was fairly poor growing up I mean we didn't even have a t.v. until I was 14.I had to join the navy and later the marines just so I could afford school. Single mom raising 3 kids... my hats off to her.

@muddy Ok I have one video I shot b4 I put it away for winter but it's sorta embarrassing. A black gt500 walked me real bad But it sounded really good and his wife/mistress passenger lady( turned out it was indeed his wife) was gorgeous We actually pulled over at a gas station and shot the bull turns out the guy is pretty cool. We are now good friends and both are wives are damn near inseparable.. Its funny how you make friends sometimes.

Bronze Member

St paul, Mn U.S.

Post Number: 43
EDIT: Should have read OUR wives not ARE wives.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9708
Just to clarify, I didn't say you(03mach1) were fed by a silver spoon.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11527
He meant reece, the resident forum rich kid.

Bronze Member

St paul, Mn U.S.

Post Number: 44
^^Oh well never mind then. I noticed a few people have a dislike toward you? I'm only asking because I don't like when people hate on another seemingly decent person.

Bronze Member

St paul, Mn U.S.

Post Number: 45
Ok gotcha M.S. thank you for the clarification. When I 1st read that i was like Sh!t I was I had been fed from a silver spoon. But I learned alot about patience and determination going through so many hard times growing up that now in hindsight it made me a better person

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5853
Rob is not a dick in real life -- he just plays one on TV... err, E.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9709
By the way, I really should stop reading Mustangs And Fast Fords and Road&Track because they tell me how fast/slow cars are =/ However, I can't let free magazine subscriptions go to waste, hell, I even read 4 wheeler but don't own a truck. Brad, I just call people on BS as soon as I catch slight wind of it.

Bronze Member

St paul, Mn U.S.

Post Number: 46
MMFF is great mag I get that monthly but how did you get it for free? Did you happen to read the MMFF article back in 04'(forget which month) about how they pulled a 12.9 out of a stock mach1 with drag radials and a PRO driver! either that car was a freak from the factory or that driver was balls to the effing wall.

Also if you read different magazines you should know some can't drive the tested car to save their life. I believe motor trend or something like that got a 13.5 or something similar out of a c5 corvette m6 lol. Just goes to show the driver mod is the best mod there is

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9712
This will most likely work-

http://www.freebizmag.com/Buy_mustangs_01welcome.htm

I hope to be running 10s with my CRX within the next year.

Bronze Member

St paul, Mn U.S.

Post Number: 47
^^Damn man that would be sweet! What kinda build are you doing to that CRX? That would be a sick daily driven street sleeper.. could you imagine the look on some guys face when he got walked in his new viper by a CRX

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9714
I have a fully built sleeved by Golden Eagle B18C(1.8liter bored to 2.0) CP pistons, Pauter rods, polished crank so it'll handle whatever I throw at it. I'm just waiting for Borg Warner to release their EFR series turbochargers to either buy one of them or buy something from Garret. And the car is a daily driver too but that may change when it's nearly done.

Bronze Member

St paul, Mn U.S.

Post Number: 48
How can you argue with a 10 second car? let alone a 4 banger very impressive! CP pistons are great I just bought a set myself. I'm not to knowledgeable about imports but man that sounds like a sweet ride once its done, you should post updates as your build progresses it'll be cool to see the transformation.

I'm hoping for 11's N/A with a 5.0 stroker kit from CHP topped w/ Stage 2 ported heads and fr500 cams and forged bottom end just in case. If I just crack 11.99 I'll be a happy camper. Little nervous about that tr-3650 holding up for long tho at that level.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9718
Well, if things go smooth it'll be all together in one shot. I just have to start spending my money =/

Bronze Member

St paul, Mn U.S.

Post Number: 49
^Yeah no matter what the project the common denominator is always lots of $$$$...Good luck with the build that's sweet that your doing it in one shot. I gotta piece mine together over a few months but hey what else is there to do in the winter time besides spend money I don't have to buy parts I don't need

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9720
Well, I've worked hard enough to earn enough to buy a fully built CRX but rather than do that I'm going to keep mine out of the junkyard. In the future I'll most likely get something RWD but I'm not sure what I'd get.

Bronze Member

St paul, Mn U.S.

Post Number: 50
could always get a mach 1 lol just kidding. RWD is almost always better for off the line traction, more so when you have big power in mind. Though with a 10 sec. car I would think getting traction would be a fun challenge either way.

Idk about you but I seem to have a knack changing things last second. I'll plan a build for awhile, was getting cams and ported heads, axed that and got a whipple go figure... took me 3 months to finally settle on a cat-back once I stopped changing my mind lol

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3588
Rice!

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9721
Rice is more efficient than corn! Just look at how everyone switched over to an OHC setup, no more shittty push rods to be bent and pretty much ruin your entire engine. Since this has happened I started liking American machines all over again, also, the market for GOOD suspensions for American is booming like no one would believe but that stuff is insanely expensive, I just read about an IRS for a 2nd gen Camaro that cost around 7k...ridic! Anyhow, back before the first issues of Import Tuner or Super Street came around I was all about fox body 5.sl0ws :D I may still buy one though in the future.

Bronze Member

St paul, Mn U.S.

Post Number: 51
Fox bodys are sweet go for one man! Don't worry about the rice comment its just someone trying to get ya going. Each have their pro's and con's. Yes my DOHC 4.6 may not have the neck-snap torque curve down low like a push rod 5.7 ls1 but I love the silky smooth power band. Its all personal preference.

But seriously, you know deep down you really really want a 5.0

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9723
Well, I have to focus on current projects before the future. All in time though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us