Skype...

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5217
Anyone else use it? We just got it to vid/talk to family overseas. idk why I didnt get it years ago. Do you know how much ive spent on phone companies to call overseas? Thousands over the years.

The only reason i kept the house phone was for overseas calls.
Very pleased.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11054
i have heard of Skype, but never used it, or even for that matter researched about it.

It is internet phone, correct?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5218
yes, live video calls for free. Its like star trek .....I got it on my deasktop and my wife has it on the laptop, so she can walk around with it and stuff.. They make it now for smartphones, and it should be free on there as well, as long as it has a connection to the interweb..Wont use phone minutes or internet connection time, so they say..I bet it will do phone companies out of buisnes if it catches on big time, But then when every one is using it, the will start charging for it i bet... So enjoy free calls while you can..It is very popular over seas.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5657
Marc, there are over 500 million people with Skype accounts. Out of those members, it is estimated that 50 million people use it every day and there are around 18 million people using it at any given time of the day. So it has already caught on. In fact, it has been huge for several years already. And it won't put the phone companies out of business because they are already integrating it into their service. Verizon is set to announce that they signed a deal with Skype for use with their VOIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) system. And AT&T has been using it for over a year.

I have been using it to talk to my Euro girls for a couple years. It works great.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5219
ive tried other internet phones before, but always had poor connections and such.
Also, the ppl i want to talk to only got skype as well, so there was no reason to get it before.

So you still on the road Brad?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5446
Odd,

I use it all the time and have been for a couple years now. It's very easy to use and I really recommend it.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4348
Very cool. Outside of Skype I've only seen my mother like once a year for half a decade. But with skype we can have a chat face to face (ish) more like once a month.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22479
Used it to talk and view my brother in GA. It has a slight delay in pic quality but it's free, what do you expect? He walks around his house on his laptop showing me all his new projects and I sit envying him.

Yes I have brother envy.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5659
No Marc I am back home now. Did twelve cities in sixteen days.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22481
Nice to be home isn't it?

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5660
Yes and no Paul... being out there was alot of fun. I kind of miss touring since Lila McCann had her baby and is taking some time off. I have always loved hotels and the fact that I can just relax and clear my head a bit. The weather was perfect too. The whole thing was very therapeutic for me, and I feel recharged now.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22484
Ya I feel ya. Sometimes traveling breaks you away from the troubles of homelife (if there are any).

Being single tho allows that perk without repercussions. Have a wife and a kid or two and see how it feels around the holidays on the road.

If I wasn't a parent I too would love the traveling life. Fugging A I would die to make it out West and see all there is out there. Up the coast and back down again.

We are one country but the East and West coasts are two different worlds I'm sure you'd agree I'd die to compare.

That and I wanna see Chad's wing restaurant lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11063

quote:

That and I wanna see Chad's wing restaurant lol.

I knew you had an ulterior motive.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4376
I have been using it for about a year and a half now to talk to my brother in Hawaii, and to talk to my mom when she lived in Cali.

Anyone wanna post their Skype info?

Jessed.503 is my skype name.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5233
Please be wearing clothes if you skype me.
Unless your female...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us