Brad Warren.... again

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3523
When I start my computer it says

"Windows Activation Error

A problem has occurred when windows tried to activate. Error code 0x80070426 blah blah blah..."

Anyone know what that means? I would google it but its too much work on this phone. Thanks in advance.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FL

Post Number: 10880
I googled your activation error, see if this helps.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4289
Muddy could you please teach me how to be all slick and s@#$ with the links like that?

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3445
like this?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4291
Damn I got snowned :-(

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10885
hahaha

you do this:

\ new url { www.xxxxxxx.com, whatever you want the hyperlink to say }

and it will do exactly that.

i personally hate it when you click on a link and it opens in the same window as ecoustics, navigating you away from the page, and then you have to hit the back arrow to get back to ecoustics. so i always do that with my links. except for the one up there, i accidently did: \ link { }

if you don't care, then just type

\ link {www.xxxxxx.com, whatever you want the hyper to say }

and it will go to the link in your ecoustics window.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4292
Thanks Muddy, but I'm doing something wrong because whatever url I enter it says 404 not found.

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10886
hmmmm

try this my apprentice. lol

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16099
lets see...

Ecoustics Forums Index page

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22232
No worky for me either.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22233
This is a great site

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22234
I think I'm retarded.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22235
Try this site

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22236
Bingo!

Copy and paste the entire link Pit.

I was simply using www.1234. Use the http://link instead.

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10887
yeah. when i said www.xxxxxx.com, i meant the whole adress in the address bar. :-)

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4293
My friends, I sincerely thank you all for what you have taught me, and wish to share this hilarious website with you in return.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22237
Nice.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22238
Ummm, sorry Andrew for stealing the thread lol.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4294
I'm sure Brad will arrive soon enough and straighten this whole mess out.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5636
Yo Andrew, sorry man I have been sitting in with a band for some west coast shows due to their drummer not being able to play. Had to learn 14 songs in a day, so yeah.... been busy.

Are you sure that the Software Licensing Service is on? Type services.msc in run, and then find it in the list. Make sure it is started and is on automatic. If you do a system restore that should buy you 24 hours before it happens again if you need a quick fix. But what I would do is run a repair. Here is how:

Insert the installation disc.

Restart your computer.

Click the Start button , click the arrow next to the Lock button , and then click Restart.

If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc.

Choose your language settings, and then click Next.

Click Repair your computer.

Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair. Startup Repair might prompt you to make choices as it tries to fix the problem, and if necessary, it might restart your computer as it makes repairs.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3526
Sorry, just got to a computer to get on a get back up here.

The computer wont do anything when I turn it on.. The first thing I get is the activation error. Literally I press the power button and 5 seconds later, that pops up. We took the hard drive out to get our pics and music etc. off of it and we are going to clear it off and start from the beginning and see how that works. If not, Ill be back up here for help again. Haha. Thanks anyway guys

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

Sorry, I have a new 20...

Post Number: 1549
bumping this to get some advice from bradley.

Im currently studying elecrical engineering and as of now hopeing for a career in the music bizz whether it be recording or reproduction.
a few questions
i'd like to get your opinion on daws and which one i should start working with.
I know pro tools claims to be the industry standard but is that where i should start? A local arts college offers the pro tools courses to become certified. Is this worth it? or would i be better off going it alone with the tutorials?
i guess im asking where is the best place to start?
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5645
As far as DAW's go there is only a few worth messing with. My first choice, and also the most expensive, is the Akai DPS24. This guy is the shiznit. Then after that, I would pick the Korg D3200, closely followed by the Yamaha AW-1600. The AW is by far the best bang for the $ if you know what you are doing. Many bands have made killer records with it. Another budget choice is the Tascam 2488neo which is also killer for demos but falls short of the AW.

On the flip side... you have to know Pro Tools, Propellerhead, Logic, Cubase, REASON, etc. And all of those are far from easy. I have been working with Pro Tools for years and I still feel like a moron to some people that come in and blow our minds with it. It's like anything else in life -- you get out what you put in... so expect to put in many months on each of those programs, especially what you start from a place (like you are) whare you aren't familiar with what each module does and can do. Alot of fun man... you just gotta put in the trial and error man... people can show you so much, but you have to learn something like this on your own.

Anyways, hello from Nevada... I fucking hate this place. The girls are kinda hot but also skanks. Avoid. Other than LV and Reno, Nevada blows major pole. I am proud of you Phil, as a strong black man that stands up for what he needs to in life. Peace out brotha :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us