Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5598
PC Tools iAntivirus

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10961
Pfft, everybody knows macs can't get viruses.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Central Florida

Post Number: 10795
one of my friends mentioned that Macs are actually more susceptible to viruses. is this true? i am not aware of the differences in programming between the two comps and OS. Mac and Windows.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5601
No, that is not true at all. The main reason for the small number of malware instances that affect Macs is simply the number of people using them. In the last few years, Macs only held about 6% of the market share. It simply sin't a big enough number to interest the malware designers. But, with the failure of Windows Vista, that number is now around 12%... and growing. This means that malware authors are starting to develop infections for Mac systems. Late last year, Apple announced that it now recommends to Mac users to install some kind of antivirus. As Chase said, better to be on the safe side, and having an antivirus installed is not going to hinder your performance anyway.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Central Florida

Post Number: 10797
dang, thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2539
Thanks Brad! Its been going strong for almost 2 years now, but like you said more and more people are showing up with macs.. so i know itll happen eventually with all the viruses
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us