Good deas on blu rays at walmart

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12963
I went to walmart and they had some good choices for 12 bucks a piece. I picked up alien vs predator and the day after tomorrow they also had xmen, independance day, and others.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21804
Went there today myself. Picked up "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs" for the kids. Few others. If you wander around long enough you'll spot other great deals. 1500w space heater for $18. Ottoman style storage bench for $15. Sweat pants/tops for $5. Much more.

Yes I condemn them because of the traffic it draws but really, you can't beat the prices on most of their stuff.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12976
I went to the other walmart close to my house and they had die hard and the newest diehard for $10. I picked them up.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9514
I prefer to get Blu Ray movies for free. And you actually paid for the newest Die Hard? That movie is soooo garbage, I bought it too though, I was drunk one night at 7-Eleven and had to end the night with a movie and it was there so...ahhh the things people do because of alcohol.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10587
sorry we can't be as cool and as drunk as you Rob. lmao

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9519
It had to be the worst 5 bucks ever spent! That and the time I paid for Muddy's sister, everyone else gets it free, WTF!!!

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10592
hahahaha!! i don't have a sister, p00pazz. but it was still a good shot

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23594
please don't support walmart. its killing all the small businesses.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10625
that website is amazing. if you want to feel better about yourself, you go there and just keep looking. you instantly appreciate your life more. unless you happen to find yourself in one of those pics. lmao

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21845
Lol. Yeah I go for the amusement. Between the midget employee in the electronics department TRYING to move the 50" lcd tv by himself to the 4 or so 50+ year old cashiers who are all huddled around the cigarette case looking through the tabloids chatting about their kids and how their feet hurt. It amazes me what low standards of employment they have. If you have a heartbeat, the will hire you. Hey I'm all for EOE, just make them take an IQ test first lol.

And that's just who WORKS there. I haven't even begun to talk about the customers!!!!!!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21846
Hey if you work at Walmart don't be ashamed, just don't be one of the very large masses they hire. It's not what you do but how well you do it.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 206
I agree about the whole wal-mart killing small business theory. It's hard not to shop at wal-mart because they do have good deals, I shop there all the time myself, but they do play an impact on small business. I deliver packages in an area that has a lot of small business and recently a GIANT krogers was built there, not yet open and a few miles down the road theyre building a super wal-mart. It's going to devistate the area I'm sure. It's kind of a bitter sweet reality really. The smaller businesses make their living off of having a little higher prices, with along you also get better customer service and a more one on one shopping experience. On the flip side, especially in these economic times, who doesn't like saving money? You can go to wal-mart and do all of your shopping in one spot and save some cash, who isnt going to want that? Whats going to end up happening is, once all the small business, or most of them go away the only place left to shop are going to be these big chain stores. Which then can charge higher prices because of their monopoly.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21873
Walmart reminds me of days back when there weren't any monster home improvement stores like the Depot or Lowes. There were only small places like Ace hardware or builder's Square. Then came Hechinger and Channel. Then when the Depot came it was like a revelation. I will actually drive 30 minutes past all the smaller stores to get there, even if I need one thing.

I feel for the Mom and Pop stores, in a way I guess. It's their living and one they may have known for years but as a consumer I can't see paying $15 for a bag of portland cement when it goes for $5.95 at the Depot. Pine Hill (where I live) has a small hardware store that I visited once and I was taken back by the place. Dust on everything, no organization and prices that seem to reflect a hostage situation. I had to ask if some of the prices were correct because they were so absurd. Old man behind the counter took offense to every question I had. "$2.99 for a 4 pack of 3" drywall screws? $15 for a bag of cement? Is this right?????". What keeps them alive is the ignorance of their loyal customers afraid of change. The hardware store is also right next to the Mom and Pop grocery store where you pay $3 for a loaf of bread and $7 for a 12 pack of Pepsi. Like sheep the senior citizens who only shop there come and go as if under some sort of spell.

As far as Walmart raising prices after they monopolize an area I can't see. Stores are only getting bigger. It's not going to stop with the Depot, Lowes, Walmart, Wegmans, or Sams. The next billionaire is waiting for his chance for his multi million square foot facility to once again wow us all.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13030
On subject again. I bought the last two brand new underworld movies on blu ray i needed off of ebay 13 and 15 bucks shipped. I love getting blu ray movies cheap. As for what you guys are talking about some things are still cheaper to get on ebay than walmart but do you think that will continue in the future.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11774
I refuse to give Wal-Mart any of my money for anything. I'd rather pay more at a different store then to pay less at Wal-Mart.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9547
Yanks, stfu, you buy your car audio equipment off the internet instead of your local shop. Same difference =/

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4137
I co-manage a small business, a toy store. We have 2 locations. We are making a profit and we are growing. As far as we're concerned, we hope Toys R' Us and Walmart and others continue doing exactly what they're doing.

People literally tell us on a daily basis how much, and why, they hate going to those places. The difference in customer service is absolutely night and day. We and our customers joke about how bad the customer service is at a place like Toys R' Us. You can go to the end of an isle, hit the buzzer to call for customer service, wait there, and either no one shows up, or if they do you ask about a product and they point, telling you "isle 12" and just walk away.

You walk into our store and you are personally greeted immediately by someone who is standing at attention ready to help if you'd like. If you ask where to find something, we walk you to it, and spend AS MUCH TIME AS YOU'D LIKE, showing you products, giving you suggestions for birthday/holiday gifts, giving you our thoughts and opinions on comparable products and what we think would be most appropriate for your needs. We offer the option of gift wrapping everything we sell, for free. You buy something large or heavy, we're carrying it out for you.

quote:

a small hardware store that I visited once and I was taken back by the place. Dust on everything, no organization and prices that seem to reflect a hostage situation.

There's just no excuse for that. Maybe they make just enough profit to make a decent living, and they're content with that, or maybe they just don't know any better. When you walk into one of our stores, it's bright, colorful, and impressive. The shelves are PACKED with well organized products. Professionally made signs hang from the ceiling to indicate sections like games, educational toys, building toys, outdoor toys etc.

As far as prices, well you can't really compare our prices to the big chain stores, because we don't carry the same merchandise. We have a few products in common, but we are a specialty toy store, so probably 90% of the product is stuff you can't find at the big stores. Our customers rarely if ever complain about prices. We have a huge selection of unique toys, at reasonable prices. People come in every day looking for a birthday gift in the standard $15-$25 range, and have no trouble finding lots of cool choices in that range. Not to mention the added value of free gift wrapping, and generous customer service.

Sure it's an uphill battle for us, and it's a lot of hard work, but I think a lot of the damage done to small businesses is self inflicted. How often do you walk in to a small business and the person(s) working there are sitting at the counter reading a book, doing a crossword puzzle, chatting on the phone, or whatever? I see this all the time and it makes me cringe. This is a big part of why so many small businesses fail. This is why their products are dusted over and poorly organized like Paul said. If they're lucky, they'll sell just enough to get by.

So, if you walk into a small business that's poorly run, and overpriced, go to the big chain and don't feel bad about saving a few bucks. However, if you walk into a small business that is run with pride and hard work, and they bust their azz to give you the best service possible, please, support them, they deserve it.

/soapbox

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21880
I applaud great service and attention to detail in any business and I certainly don't expect it with the big chains. I know what to expect when I go to Walmart and yet I still get shocked every time I go. Yet I don't go there for service or expert advice either. Does anyone really think you'll get an educated answer to a question on an LCD tv or what Amphr batter your truck needs? You go there because you can't afford to pay the markup a small business has to apply to survive. There's just a HUGE difference in volume of product sold to employees putting it back on the shelves. Remember years ago when stores restocked the shelves in the middle of the night only? Today, due to the volume, pallets riddle the isles almost all day in Walmart. Supermarkets also. THAT'S why I say stores will only get bigger and bigger.

My prices on my knife store are insanely cheap compared to department store prices mainly due to the fact I don't have any advertising costs to roll in. I'm my only employee and I feel I offer exceptional customer service but I'm the little guy who doesn't even have a store front. If I did, like Pit pointed out, you can bet my product would be neat and organized with every sale coming greatly appreciated. You also can't venture into an investment without doing your homework. Honestly answer questions and never be ashamed to admit when you don't have what a customer is looking for.

I get small businesses I really do. I understand the pros and cons of both worlds and if I need advice on a special purchase I would gladly pay for that and support their livelihood. It's just that with the power of the internet only seconds away more and more people are opting not to anymore.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us