You Pick

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 3021
If you were to have any phone on the market currently/upcoming, under verizon or at&t, what would you choose, and why?

honestly, it's looking iPhone for me so far. can just do so much sh!t with it. but friends have also told me about problems they've had with it. also, i can get a better deal at verizon

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10570
i have verizon, and i have no complaints with their service/coverage. Also, i have never been given the run-around if i had any kind of problem. If you want a good smartphone, either verizon or at&t can do that for you, they both have a ton to pick from. The iphone, however, is in a league all of its own. Who doesnt want one that doesnt have one? (rhetorical)

I am more curious about what will happen when the exclusive distribution contract ends this year between Apple and AT&T, adnd if they will renew it on AT&T's struggling 3g network, or if they will jump ship to another carrier. Please, someone fill me in on any news they've heard. :-)

to answer your question though, iphone ftw. i played with dozens of smartphones, and the iphone is IMO the most fun to use. hell, every phone that comes out is compared to it, it is the benchmark by which every pda/smartphone is tested against. that means something in my book.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5524
4G (4th Generation) is coming soon and Pre-4G is already up in some parts of Europe. If anyone was wondering what 3G actually is: It is basically a set of spec guidelines and build requirements that all equipment in a given network must meet or exceed to be able to say they have 3G service. It is just like THX for home/theater.

x2 to Muddy. Verizon rules. You could go with them and get a Droid.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4097
I've had verizon for like 6 years now. I don't think I've ever had a dropped call or sketchy service. Seriously it's like, eerily dependable.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4274
Have an iPhone on T-Mobile and love it. Don't think I could ever use another phone.

Username: Guile42

Manila, Main Philippines

Post Number: 2
I never heard anything about verizon here in middleeast, the most popular here is iphone.. , whats new about verizon? is there any satellite tv connection?

Cesar Anthony Villas
http://satellitedigitalhd.com/recommend/Offer.html

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4253
BB pearl ftw

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4275
Fu(k a Pearl. I owned a Curve before my iPhone. The Pearl is a Geo Metro and the iPhone is a Bugatti.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/products/articles/603924.html

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3445
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Old pics, I know but still funny.

I have the HTC Touch Pro II from Verizon and love it. The service is fast, twice as fast as my friends iPhone (neither were running on 3G at the time and we were downloading the same youtube video). Ive owned 4 different HTC phones, all running Windows Mobile and havent had a single problem with any of them unless it involved me leaving the phone on my toolbox before leaving a parking lot...

As for verizon, using 3G, Ive only found one place where the service is hit and miss which is southern VA, around Danville/South Boston. The customer service is great both in store and after you deal with the bot on the phone and a real person answers. The only thing I do not like about Verizon, and this might only be locally but, when I break a phone, I cannot replace it at the store. I have to call a 1-800 number, pay the insurance over the phone and wait for them to ship it to me

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3446
In case I forgot to say, IMO, Windows Mobile FTW

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4277
That is so off. You can MMS now. Why would you need a memory card with at least 8 gig iphone? You can copy and paste. You can forward SMS. You can unlock/jailbreak the iphone very easily and have just about any app for free, including Video recording. A video call is only good if the other party has video too, unless you just want the other person to see you and you not see them....

changeable battery? Not to many people I know carry around more than one battery at a time so it would need to be charged.

Ill give you Windows Mobile FTW though. I use that on my handheld that I use for work.

That said, I'm a gadget head and am now going to look into the HTC, lol.

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3447
Didnt watch the entire thing but looked good for the first min or so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqih9wTAj08

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10903
I have an ipod touch and love it so I say iphone. I would have one but don't want to pay for the monthly data plan.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10572
like i said. as far as the network and customer service, Verizon is rated #1.

and as far as the Droid and pretty much ANY phone HTC molds.....mmmmmmmmmmmmm

my contract isn't up for a while, but i really want to get my hands on the HTC droid. even though the motorola droid is supposed to be newer and have a more user friendly interface and all...lets face it.

Motorola < HTC

that is all.

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3448
Bag phone>Motorola

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

If youre going to give...

Post Number: 1503
Verizon+ and an HTC running windows 6.1 or 6.5 is about as good as it gets right now. The HTC Imagio is by far the best(and by best i mean most powerful) phone that verizon sells. Windows mobile is a great mobile OS. Especially when you find out about xda developers, flashing and cooking your own roms. I have an HTC touch pro that has had linux on it as well as a cooked version of 6.1 and 6.5. Unfortunately there is no log file that i trust enough to unlock my Imagio without bricking. needless to say these phones are very versatile and customizable.

windows mobile 7.0 will sh!t on the iphone

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3449
x2. The xda forums are win all around

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10581
nexus one.
its new, and looks pretty cool.
i will have to check it out when it comes to Verizon this spring.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 3023
^ was just looking at that.

so i'm probably going to stay verizon and get something HTC.

imagio vs. nexus one...
(windows vs. android)

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

If youre going to give...

Post Number: 1504
Imagio. Its been around for a few months so most software glitches in the standard rom have been worked out. Plus the ability to customize windows phones is incredible(through sites like xda). The droid OS doesn't have this same kind of following.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10586
thats cuz its newer. :-)

they are just different OS.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us