Assisted Opening Knives Will Soon Be Illegal

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20665
US customs is proposing an amendment to an old law redefining the definition of what a switchblade knife is. This will affect millions of knife owners and collectors across America. This is feared to be the beginning of a movement to ban almost all folding pocket knives. It's completely ludicrous and anyone who owns a folding knife should take notice. I not only say this because I have over $12,000 of said proposed "illegal" knives in inventory but because I also believe the tool doesn't create the criminal but the criminal chooses a tool. ALL of my knives have an "assisted" opening mechanism. Meaning either a thumb stud or hole in the blade. Because this enables the knife to be opened with one hand it will now be considered a "switchblade" by new customs laws. This is absurd and completely unacceptable by any standards. Imagine all the millions of Americans who use these knives throughout their day who will now face prison time if caught crossing state lines with it.

If this becomes reality it will open pandora's box for anyone who buys, sells or uses even simple working knives that can be opened with one hand. Please take the time to watch the vid and follow the directions in voicing your opinion in protecting your rights. If we keep allowing this kind of nonsense you soon won't be allowed to even own a folding knife let alone use it.

Brick by brick they're taking away the freedoms of being an American. Your opinion counts. Voice it! Thanks.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5KINtCajwI

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3881

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3882

quote:

the tool doesn't create the criminal but the criminal chooses a tool.

This.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1654
I've seen some Gerber knives with an "assisting" action before considered a "switch blade". The knives I'm talking about have a spring in the blade where as you open it up far enough the spring takes over and opens it the rest of the way. I don't see why they think all folding knives that can be opened with one hand that bad. What would it take, like half a second more to open it with your other hand?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20670
Well it's a fucked up notion that any knife you can open single handedly is considered dangerous. What about small fixed blades? Why aren't they targeted? Right now this only pertains to those importing said knives. Like the vid states though this step would create a precedence that would only lead to further harassment from law officials. Imagine the revenue generated if every offense carried a minimum $250 fine. Heck, by definition a common retractable utility knife would be illegal.It's just flat out retarded.
My knife manufacturer is shiiting bricks right now in fear of having to retool their shops to modify their products. ALL of them. It also means they may be forced soon to liquidate every "illegal" knife they have on their shelves before the banhammer drops on them. I'd suck them up but I myself would be left with 1000's of knives I'm not allowed to carry, transport or sell anyway. Not to mention the knives I have now. My Ebay venture would cease to exist as well. They are very stern on their "switchblade" policy.

Someone just needs to be taken out in the woods.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 683
That's stupid. Pisses me off.

BTW Paul, you wouldn't happen to know where I could get an assisted open would you. The kind with the button. Purely out of curiosity.Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20686

No.

I never had interest in them to tell you the truth. I'm truly baffled by the statute of them being illegal. Like I said before, why is a switchblade more "dangerous" than a fixed blade? You press a button or pull it out, what's the difference?

A criminal will throw a stone if need be. Shall we ban all stones??????

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3886

quote:

A criminal will throw a stone if need be. Shall we ban all stones??????

You make a good point. Never thought of it that way. We should def ban stones them sh!ts are dangerous.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20687
Pit you are like my right hand man lol.

Need a knife lol??!!!!

P.S. Thanks for posting the vid which I couldn't. For some reason.................

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3801
I wonder if they are just blowing smoke or if this is real...

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1270
next thing will be the car (thanks to vehicular manslaughter)

and then a ban on sex...

:-P
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us