What are your goals this year

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4537
I plan to finish paying my debt off! Finally, whew! I have 2k left on one credit card and another $300 on the other. The card with 2k will be down to $1500 this coming week. With another payment next month, and possible finish it off when I recieve my income tax. So what do you guys have planned?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2847
not getting sent to afghanistan lol

but i do want to get in the best shape of my life pretty much, and i will probably end up doing so :-)

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 973
i wanna get laid

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 974
lol na im jus playin...goin for that 8 pack ab this year...will get done for sure..i have no doubt

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9145
"lol na im jus playin...goin for that 8 pack ab this year...will get done for sure..i have no doubt"

I hope you are already shredded and have a 6 pack haha. Good luck.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Http://lowdo... Join My User...

Post Number: 10955
Get my golf handicap down in the single digits
Quit fukking around in school and get better grades
Install the RL-S and H.A.T components lol
Work out and eat healthier

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19585
I want my business to take off. Why I waited this long I don't know.

I need a new roof that I've been procrastinating about for the last few years. Going to do it myself but there's two roofs that need torn off first.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1642
lose 25 lbs
get better grades
improve on saving money

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9146
If anyone wants tips/advice on getting into better shape feel free to IM me on AIM, my SN is Getripped84 . Some of you might even be able to give me some pointers =/

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1643
any tips on losing weight?

any tips on healthy eating that is quick to make?

I cut out pop and fastfood - i havent had it since the new year has started.

i think cutting out fast food alone is going to be huge because i used to eat it 2-3 times every day.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 274
1. Get better grades/get scholarship back
2. Save money
3. Lose ~125lbs.

quote:

If anyone wants tips/advice on getting into better shape feel free to IM me on AIM, my SN is Getripped84 . Some of you might even be able to give me some pointers =/

I'll take all the tips you got man. 125lbs is ALOT!

Also I LOVE beer and Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers in mass quantities, and I hate running. Is there any hope for me?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11122
1. Loosing weight
2. Continuing to work out
3. Eating better
4. work back up to my previous best bench lift at 152 or less.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10957
Chances sound slim Wicked lol.

Who caught the poor attempt of the joke there :-)

Rob, I'll hit you on AIM because I need to put some weight on but not in fat. I actually lost like 5 lbs over Christmas due to a sickness I had for 2 weeks. Those who know me know I'm already a skinny lil fugger as it is lol.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9148

quote:

any tips on losing weight?

any tips on healthy eating that is quick to make?

I cut out pop and fastfood - i havent had it since the new year has started.

i think cutting out fast food alone is going to be huge because i used to eat it 2-3 times every day.

Fast food really isn't the reason people gain weight. It's all about calories in versus calories out. If you're taking in too many calories of anything, chicken for example, you'll still gain body fat.

quote:

1. Get better grades/get scholarship back
2. Save money
3. Lose ~125lbs.

quote:

I'll take all the tips you got man. 125lbs is ALOT!

Also I LOVE beer and Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers in mass quantities, and I hate running. Is there any hope for me?

Mass quantities of anything is going to put your weight loss at a halt. You can still have your beer and JBCs but just cut back on it. If you hate running you can get your cardio through a fast paced weight lifting workout. Do what they call super sets, it's when you do a few exercises back to back and then take a 30 second break and do it all over again. It's a bit intense but it'll get your heart pumping and you'll burn calories so you can skip the running. What about swimming? That's a great form of cardio and it's fun too.

quote:

Chances sound slim Wicked lol.

Who caught the poor attempt of the joke there :-)

Rob, I'll hit you on AIM because I need to put some weight on but not in fat. I actually lost like 5 lbs over Christmas due to a sickness I had for 2 weeks. Those who know me know I'm already a skinny lil fugger as it is lol.

Sounds good. You're going to have to pick up some weights though and start eating more, I hope you're ready for that.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11123
Once you start working out and seeing the results you wont want to stop. The first four months will be the best gains youll make in a year.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9149

quote:

Once you start working out and seeing the results you wont want to stop. The first four months will be the best gains youll make in a year.

Beginners gains FTW. However, I don't believe it such talk! You can have consistent gains forever as long as you train hard and have your diet dialed in. When I first started I had terrible gains and I hit a plateau of 140 pounds on my bench haha. Then I changed my diet and starting growing and getting stronger.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 975
o yea diet is prob one of the most important aspects in working out. Either your trying to get cut or get big...must have some type of balanced diet

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3651
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/index.php

For those who wanna lose weight or get in shape^^. Start reading, gotta get your mind right first. Check out the Nutrition and Losing Fat sections.

Regarding the junk food and stuff for those who wanna lose weight, you just have to decide what's more important to you, it's that simple. The food you like, or getting into shape. I'm not saying you can't have the food you like at all, but unless you really decide you're gonna make significant changes, you'll ultimately waste a lot of time/money/effort looking for that THING (a new workout routine, a gimmicky piece of equipment, a trendy new diet) that's gonna make everything click for you. You won't find it. You have to just decide you're gonna work hard in the gym and make reasonable decisions diet wise on a day to day basis.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

Johnboi, if you're just a naturally super skinny guy (like me), make this^^ your bible, and you WILL see results. It is the most proven, credible beginners program there is. I speak from personal experience. It's a less is more type of approach, only 3 days a week too which is great.

For anyone who wants to be in better shape (gain muscle/lose fat, whatever), I always say the mental part is what changed things for me. I started seeing results when I started reading, and gained an understanding for WHY working out hadn't been successful for me in the past.

A noob can come on this forum with a $10K budget and ask people what to buy to hit 150db's but he ain't gonna do it without taking the time to learn some sh!t first.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9150

quote:

A noob can come on this forum with a $10K budget and ask people what to buy to hit 150db's but he ain't gonna do it without taking the time to learn some sh!t first.

If he asks people on this forum what to buy and he buys it, he'll easily hit 150db with 10k lol.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3652
That may be so but I stand by the point I was making. Smartazz

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11125
"Beginners gains FTW. However, I don't believe it such talk! You can have consistent gains forever as long as you train hard and have your diet dialed in. When I first started I had terrible gains and I hit a plateau of 140 pounds on my bench haha. Then I changed my diet and starting growing and getting stronger."

Ok even without doing the right things youll make your best gains then. haha

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 6303
Well I weighed 230 pounds last fall and other than working out pretty hard for about a month or so this summer I have just been doing push-ups and sit-ups and I now weigh between 190-195 pound depending on how I eat on a given week. I can tell I have gained significant definition in my chest, abs, and back. Not saying that it's a cure all, but if you are skeptical about going to the gym or don't have a lot of time to make the trip then do like 250 push-ups a day in 25-50 rep increments. I swear you will see a difference. That being said, I'm probably gonna start hitting the gym again soon though and try to gain around 10-15 pounds of muscle. It's just hard for me because I am no used to taking in the amount of calories necessary to build that kind of muscle...

ANYWHO. To answer the thread's question, I'm going to make it a point to talk to my family everyday.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1904
get ripped like rob!

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 10276
just workin out and watchin my new tv....when it gets here. lol

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3245
Everybody's goal is to get in shape lol. How many people actually do? Like 2% haha

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9156
You're probably right Steve. Most people end up giving up because they lack will power. Back in the day I was a husky f ucker. Then I set my goal and accomplished what I wanted to.

Gold Member

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2850
i really don't have much other choice but to accomplish mine lol

that's the good part :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 10281
i dont have a goal. i just enjoy working out...it makes ya feel good. and so does watching a brand new tv.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10959
Good looks Pit, bookmarked it :-)

Rob, I'll hit you up tomorrow night, its getting late here and I'm tired as hell.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Raccoon City, MI USA

Post Number: 12231
Move south and sell my two houses up here and buya new one in the Carolinas.

Finish the rebuild on my car's engine and get her back on the road.

Build my new home theater and a dedicated media room in the upcoming new home.

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1647
where are your homes in Michigan?

Gold Member

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2853
^ well at least one of them was blown up with a nuke some odd years ago lol

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1648
really? thats nuts

i was reading his site and he said he lives in NW MI which I do as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us