Latest PC Build

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2027
I dunno if anyone is into building rigs or this type of thing here; but I thought I'd share my newest build.

--------------------
Case: Antec 1200
MOBO: EVGA 780i SLI FTW
CPU: C2D E8500 3.16Ghz
Cooler: Zalman 9700
RAM: 4GB Corsair DDR2
Graphics: Two EVGA 9800GTX's in SLI
PSU: Xion 1000Watt
Custom: Blue LEDs throughout case.

To Add: New monitor. Replace PSU fan's LEDs. Maybe window mod.
------------------

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8534
Nice selection of equipment there minus the windows vista...... hopefully you don't have compatibility issues with any of that hardware.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2028
Actually Vista is great.

I have ultimate 64-bit and its basically the new OS of this era.

Just like XP when it first started, everyone was hesitant to make the change, now its just to step to vista.

If your equip can run vista well, then its totally worth it.

I love it

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8730
MOBO: EVGA 780i SLI FTW -Fail
CPU: C2D E8500 3.16Ghz -Fail
Cooler: Zalman 9700 -Solid Choice
RAM: 4GB Corsair DDR2 -Fail(?) What speed?
Graphics: Two EVGA 9800GTX's in SLI-Fail SLI is never efficient.

PSU: Xion 1000Watt -Fail Low tier PSU

Custom: Blue LEDs throughout case.

To Add: New monitor. Replace PSU fan's LEDs. Maybe window mod.

The 1200 case is way over-rated too, it's crappily made IMO but there are worse out there. Antec made lots of corner cuts on the case, I wasn't impressed with it when I built a rig with it. I'm using a Coolermaster HAF and it's way better for many reasons such as wire management and much better drive/tool free installation. Those 4 screws to pull the bay out are mad retarded in comparison to CM's design. Antec also could have given a bit more zip tie loops to make things neater. I do like the black mobo tray though, that's a nice touch. The lack of on/off for the front LEDS/fans sucks too.

Running Nvidia cards is a huge fail, especially SLI setups, how's the extra 10-20 percent in performance from the 2nd card working out for you? Haha...sad bro.

I hope you plan on upgrading next year, everything is going to take advantage of multi-core. For now it's fine but you'll be upgrading soon.

Why did you run SLI? Seriously? There's no reason to unless you need every single fram for benching comps, then it'd be worth while. You should have ran ATI considering they walk all over Nvidia. Especially when you compare price to performance ratios. A single 4870x2 has beaten two 280GTXs in SLI many times except for in Crysis(this game was optimized to run on Nvidia).

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8539
I favor ATI for graphics/multimedia cards as well but theres certinly nothing wrong with the card he chose.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8731
It's been proven that for the money SLI gets put to shame just about every single time. As I mentioned above a single 4870 x2 will kick the crap out of 2 280GTXs in SLI, if that's not sad I don't know what is. Don't get me wrong, the above setup isn't as bad as I say in most people's eyes but for the money you could have done much better Andrizzle, you should have done your research.

For future plans check out www.xtremesystems.org/forums
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us