New music/movies

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2728
Well I just bought the new Norma Jean CD and if you liked the last one you will like the new one. From the 20 or so mins I listened, it doesn't sound as hard/heavy, which is a little disappointing but its still a must have if you are into that type of music.

And me and my girl are going to see Pineapple Express tonight so Ill give you a review a little later tonight.

Any new nust have/see CDs or movies?

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10150
Step brothers was disappointing

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2729
I actually thought it was funny. It ran about 20 mins to long but was still good.
"Im gonna take a pillow case, fill it full of bars of soap and beat the shit outta you!"

I thought Pineapple Express was funny but a little cheesy. Worth seeing once, maybe twice but I don't see me buying the DVD

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17741
I love Natasha Bedingfield for music. At the moment anyway.

Movies I would say Dark knight is good. Worth watching.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2730
yeah, dark night was good. I like that it was about chaos. Really interesting concept. It didn't seem like it was as long as it actually was either

Bronze Member
Username: Lightclouds

Post Number: 24
Yes I agree that The Dark Knight is great.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2300
Andrew i think Norma Jean has gotten worse over the years since their CD O, God the Aftermath.

To me redeemer wasnt as good.. so i doubt ill be picking up their new cd.

September 2nd i will be at best buy/hastings/fyi anywhere that has a copy of "Lost in the Sound of Seperation" Underoaths new album after the freaking badasssss album Define the great Line. they released a single called desperate times desperate measures and its pprettty much awesome. alot of more aaron gillespie singing on the chorus. which makes them that much better i think. but thats all i really have to say.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3085
Since the original vocalist left, they have been poo. As is the band he is in now/went to after norma. I forget what they are called but they are crap in my opinion. Norma lost a lot of strength when he left, musically and vocally, IMO. after the first CD, I kinda stopped listening.

That being said 36 crazyfists recently released a new album, and anything from them is a must have IMO

The new Misery Signals is also coming out soon(can't go wrong here), they are on ferret records.

And Anthony Green just released his solo project on the 5th.

Step Brothers was funnier than Pineapple Express, I thought PE was really cheesy with few funny parts. I laughed hard when he had the convo with his gf on the payphone..."ah, I think I made a mistake there..."

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10175
"And Anthony Green just released his solo project on the 5th. "

I only listen to rap but I gotta say I liked that CD. My buddy bought it and I listened to it one day, good relaxing stuff.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3089
high five to Yanks!

Check out Circa Survive if you haven't already. Same vocalist.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10177
Already have man. Pretty much one of the only bands I listen to.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3098
good man.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2314
Anthony Green made SAOSIN. with there first EP he was the man, now Cove cant touch their old songs cause athony was so amazing.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3101
No one is arguing with you there Chase.

"athony was so amazing."

IS>was

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2747
I actually like the new norma jean. Defiantly not as good as Oh God the aftermath but I don't see that being possible.

I was a little dissapointed with Define the great line. Great CD but not like They're only chasing safety. I was waiting outside of circuit city wheen they opened for that one and I will be waiting for the new one too.

Yeah, PE was worth seeing once but not again. Really dissapointing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2316
yeah sorry, he still is amazing. i love circa.

andrew you feel the same as everyone i think, TOCS was so amazing and DTGL was more poweful and less melodic imo.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2748
exactly. both good, just different styles. I do like how spencer gets deep on DTGL. This next CD is sure to be as good as the last two.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2317
oh yeah they said it was actually harder.. which im eager to hear. TOCS was recorded not long after dallas quit the band so spencer said he was trying to mimic dallas' vocals and that his voice on DTGL is his normal scream. i downloaded is old band called this runs through and they were freaking amazing. they would have been big if spencer hadnt left..

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2749
I personally like underoath batter with spencer and maylene is a great band too. I think dallas and spencer made good choices.

Tim is my favorite out off all of them. We met them at chic-fil-a in VA Beach after the 07 Warped Tour. All really cool and funny but tim was really cool

Gold Member

Post Number: 2318
yeah man they totally did forsure. i met spencer before a show in ok one time he is badassss

i think aaron is the coolest tho jus cause he is a amazing drummer

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 2630
For anyone who likes their music, the new Disturbed CD is absolutely sick. It's been in my CD player since it came out in June and still no where near sick of it. Awesome CD

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2751
Yeah, Aaron is a great drummer. I play too and I defiantly couldn't sing and play as well as he does. Hell, I can't do either by themselves as well as he can. haha.

I've never really listened to disturbed. I might download some of their stuff when I get a chance.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2320
i jus cant really get into disturbed.. idk.. just not really a fan..

aaron gillespie, jordan mancino, and matt greiner are badass

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2752
Two great bands. I just saw August Burns Red not to long ago actually. Its been a while since I've seen As I Lay Dying though.

Do you have kelidascope (sp?)? Its Underoaths new live CD/DVD? Its pretty good if you can listen to live music.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2321
yeah i have it. it came with a dvd and its badassss too.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2754
yeah. Its good but Im not sure what that video in the beginning of their show is all about...

Bronze Member
Username: Snacks

Quincy, Florida USA

Post Number: 98
underoath sucks, imo. never been into that emotional sh!t. check out Emmure or Whitechapel, thats good technical stuff. Or another good band to follow, who are becoming very successful since theyve been discovered: OCEANO. great stuff, they bring the beef.

pineapple express was a huge failboat.
Tropic Thunder was a total WIN! I saw it last night completely sober and laughed to the point of crying. it was rediculous.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2322
dude your in the wrong boat about UO bein emotional, like some songs are flat out sick in their message. they dont sing about heartbreak and stuff like that like the real EMOtional bands do..
there older stuff kinda was a lil bit, but this new stuff and DeTGL and LITSOS is about Spencers struggle with substance abuse. thats what he said in an interview, he wrote a big portion of LITSOS and its mainly about his life and personal struggles

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2245
Step brothers was hilarious what are you talking about Yanks and Hancock was pretty good too the part when the old lady tells him he smells like alcohol and he says "its cus i've been drinking B!tch" just gotta love it

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3119
hey capps, you had a maw 15 right? how did it sound on prog/indie rock and also on metal?

btw, you still got your 12" wanger sticker?

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2783
The new CD comes out in 8 hours and Ill be waiting for the doors to open. Go pick it up Abraham Vazque, listen to it and get back to me on the EMO thing... Good shit man.

And naw. I ran 2 15 arsenals. The guy from canada with the tracker had those thieves. Ill be damned if I can't remember his name.

The only wanger sticker I have left is on my truck, which is about to come off...

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2784
cam had them I think...

Anyway, the new CD is great. Go pick it up

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 998
the new jeezy cd came out today, it sounds pretty good so far.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2593
You're late man. I've had the Jeezy cd for weeks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2324
How you liken the new UO cd andrew? when i first got it i didnt no what to think but its grown on me and and i love everysong now, freaking amazing record.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10266
For those who listen to rap, check out LAX Files by The Game. Song could be old as haties but I just heard it for the first time lol. Its sick.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18068
Do you listen to rap Yanks?

Just FMI.....

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10267
......Yes. Where have you been Paul lol. I also listen to old random stuff as well. I listen to stuff all over the spectrum from Frank Sinatra, to The Eagles, to Young Jeezy, to (as mentioned above) Circa Survive.

But typically in my car, I'll be listening to rap. Or the old stuff lol.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2795
Yeah. I love the new OU CD. Im not much on track 11 but all the other ones are good.

I was the first one to buy it at the BB here in town.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2326
its not that bad of a song, they start freaking out at the end of it. its not an underoath cd without an instrumental lol

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3502
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/watchmen/trailer

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/max-payne/trailer

Can't wait for both!

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3220
From what I hear, the Watchmen was cut due to Fox being a bunch of tools and suing the producers because Fox apparently had rights to the characters. Just what I heard.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us