Auto Help

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3177
So lately my rear wiper, and passenger wiper have begun to stop spraying fluid out, up until recently where they have stopped completely, and now my driver side wiper barely sprays any. I thought it was my wiper fluid getting low, turns out, the fluid container is nearly full....so this means my wiper fluid lines are clogged.

I was hoping someone on here would be able to help me out. I've been told the only solution is to replace the lines. I'm going to try shooting some compressed air down the lines, but is there any chemical I can use to clean the lines out?

Thanks in advance fellas.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8319
Just replace them, it's not worth playin with it..... those lines eventually wear out and will need to be replaced anyways.

Those lines are a generic part they're fairly cheap at an auto parts store. And they usually just are push-on connections, simple as all hell to install......

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8320
Another thought, are you sure it's not your washer fluid pumps goin out.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3178
No I'm not sure, how can I check that?

If it helps, I do hear it trying to spray when I try using the rear wiper. As well as in the front, but it still works for the driver side just not as strong.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6372
take a needle or paper clip and clean where the water sprays out of. If it sounds like it trying to spray the pump should be working fine. they dont make anything to clean out the lines but if you want to try bleach it will probably work, although it is corrosive so wash everything out real good when your done.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6376
did you fix it?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8340
Yea pumps probably ok.... do what mat said try and clean out the sprayer, that is usually what clogs not the lines.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3183
no haven't fixed it yet, haven't even had time to look, school work has got me busy, I'll be checking it this weekend though, prob sometime thursday or friday, I'll keep yall posted.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us