More Than 5k Mary Jane Plants Found At Indiana Girl Scout Camp

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 2532
Syracuse, IN (AHN) -- Two men and a juvenile have been charged with possessing more than 1,000 mary jane plants with the intent to distribute after more that 5,000 plants were found growing at a Girl Scout camp.

Mario Comacho, 44, and Mariano Gonzales, 38, were charged with growing thousands of mary jane plants on land belonging to the Limberlost Girl Scout Council, which runs Camp Ella J. Logan in the area where the plants were discovered by Indiana State Troopers while searching the land by plane.

Another section of plants was located on another unaware man's property. Johnny Coy told reporters that he didn't know the plants were there as he rarely visits his land, which is described as swampy.

Weidman told CBS News that the only way to get to the area where the plants were was by canoe or by wading through muck and mud.

The campground is described on the Ella J. Logan website as having 220-acres of woods, ravines, meadows and natural wet lands. Girls swim, boat, and play-games and sing-songs at day trips and camp outs on the property.

Parents were notified of the discovery when they picked up their daughters.

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

James Carrol is the re...

Post Number: 1205
haha
"Mario Comacho and Mariano Gonzales"

and
"Weidman" LOL too ironic

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 863
that would be sweet find walking through the woods

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8345
"where the plants were discovered by Indiana State Troopers while searching the land by plane."

Don't you find it a bit odd that they randomly found those plants? Someone was tipped off. It's funny how they know who was involved as well, were the suspects hanging out there or something? How would they have known. STOP SNITCHIN!

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4331
I am more surpised that Phil knows what ironic means.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10041
"I am more surpised that Phil knows what ironic means."

Cause hes black?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6311
rob the planes find the plants because of the heat they give off. they fly every few weeks down by me. so its very possible they wernt tipped off, but we will never know.

i do find it funny and dont understand why a "professional" news report doesnt say mari-juana and has to use mary jane.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3383
I think the word "ironic" may have been misused in the first place. I believe the matter which it was used to describe was coincidental, but not ironic.

"i do find it funny and dont understand why a "professional" news report doesnt say mari-juana and has to use mary jane."

Since ecoustics won't allow the word mariju.ana to be posted, I assumed the original poster went through and edited it that way, but I could be wrong.

Regarding the original topic, I sure hope this bust doesn't affect the natural "flow of things" in my area :-) Indiana is awfully close! I'm sure it was some nastyazz schwagg anyway though.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6314

quote:

Since ecoustics won't allow the word mariju.ana to be posted, I assumed the original poster went through and edited it that way, but I could be wrong.

yeah i noticed that after i tried to post then it wouldnt let me

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10042
"I think the word "ironic" may have been misused in the first place. I believe the matter which it was used to describe was coincidental, but not ironic."

I don't mean to pick at your words Pit, but ironic means coincidental. So to say that ironic was used out of place and coincidental should have been used in place of it, I find to be incorrect.

To your defense, from Dictionary.com:
"Usage Note: The words ironic, irony, and ironically are sometimes used of events and circumstances that might better be described as simply "coincidental" or "improbable,""

I suppose either word would have been acceptable.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3388
Johnboi you're welcome to pick at my words, god knows I can use a taste of my own medicine occasionally :-)

There is definitely a distinction between the two words ("ironic" and "coincidental"), and I must admit it can be tricky to me at times.

Like I said I THINK in this case it wasn't an example of irony, but I don't have time to investigate further at the moment as I'm about to go lift.

When I'm done though I'll definitely be googling "the difference between irony and coincidence" :-)

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 2535
"Since ecoustics won't allow the word mariju.ana to be posted, I assumed the original poster went through and edited it that way, but I could be wrong."

you would be correct

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

James Carrol is the re...

Post Number: 1207
I do in fact suck at typing. Those in chat know this, but my English/Grammar is very rarely wrong.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2457
Thats what she said^^^

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 6072
A guy in my town just got busted with 600 plants in his apartment...

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4334
This just happened near me as well:

6:38 p.m. July 11, 2008

SAN DIEGO -- Federal narcotics agents have seized more than 7,200 marijuana plants from three cultivated fields in the Cleveland National Forest, a haul valued by the Drug Enforcement Administration at more than $20 million.

The three fields were raided Thursday, according to a DEA announcement made Friday. The plants ranged from 3 to 7 feet tall, and the trafficker's campsite included a tent, food and a shower area, the DEA said.

In addition to the DEA, the U.S. Forest Service, the Bureau of Land Management, the Sheriff's Department and the National Guard were involved in the raid, the announcement said.

So far this year, 60 marijuana growing sites have been eradicated in San Diego and 128,000 plants seized.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4335
""where the plants were discovered by Indiana State Troopers while searching the land by plane."

Don't you find it a bit odd that they randomly found those plants? Someone was tipped off. It's funny how they know who was involved as well, were the suspects hanging out there or something? How would they have known. STOP SNITCHIN!"

Like Mat said they don't need to be tipped off and rarely are. They fly in planes with special heat sensing equipment. It is very common in Califronia for them to fly for weeks at a time as harvest season approaches. Pot plants have a much hotter heat signature than other plants. Look at my post above to see how effective these planes can be.

But... any experienced grower knows to space the plants apart by ten feet or so to avoid this. The heat sensors can only pick up plants that are close together in bunches. These guy were rookies and morons.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4071
In Hawaii they fly helicopters over the sugar cane fields all the time. They're always pullin somthing out.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8359
Have any of you guys ever been to Indiana? They don't even have dentists and you think they have fancy heat sensing devices? :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us