NHRA Racer Scott Kalitta Dies 6/21

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1373
I live about less then a mile from englishtown raceway park in new jersey so i hold top fuel drag racing in my heart and it will always be there. for the most of those who don't know scott, he has acieved tons of records and even set a record at 333 mph in a quarter mile. he is a great man and was a well known name in drag racing. so i just thought i'd bring the news of his passing on sat when he did a qualifying run and died due to a extensie crash. according to what i been reading, scott was doing a normal run when at the finish line his motor exploaded and he continued the full track in a massive firball till he hit the sandtraps at just under 300 mph. due to extensive injuries he later died at raritan bay medical center. now a warning to anybody wanting to see it below, the accident is graphic and a serious crash i in my lifetime have never seen. so fair warning before you watch.

R.I.P scott.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=37mzSFk949s&feature=related

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4169
Very sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to Connie and the rest of his family and children.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17161
Saw the crash. Had it been a longer track things MIGHT have different. Some sad news lately.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1375
idk paul thier thinking the explosion when the motor went knocked him out. even then not many tracks around are longer then the one here. even do he was doing 300 and to coast out on 300 thiers just no way a tracks goig to be long enough for that if ur knocked out. let alone the fact that the car was a raging inferno the whole track once it was ignited. i'm sure if he had enough track he would of been burned to death.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17164
Either way he had little chance. Sometimes death comes from extremes like this one or not so extreme like Dale Earnhardts'.

At the very least the died doing what the loved.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3950
Pretty sad to watch someone die.

The parachutes didnt help him, they got all tangled up.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2282
ok so most of you all know how
involved my family is in drag racing, so we have a fee friends that work with and for NHRA. And also know various drivers on the pro circuit. Well the safety safari that got thrre which is zone 4 was providing help, when zone 3 arrived they said no, just go back there is no need to help. He died no doubt
from the huge impact. There was more than 1 piece of scott 's body in car. Other safari members stated they heard his breaks screeching which if he was consicious I would believe. But there is no way to know. Also the parachutes on those cars are designed to deploy if the body comes off, but its also a greater chance they will malfunction also. And they did. I also agree with Paul, longer track, different story. That track is to short. End of story. And there didnt need to be a concrete post in the racing area holding the net up. If that same crashed happened at Chicago, Dallas, or gainsville we wouldny be having this conversation. That track needs to be 1/8 mile racing only , extend the shut down area, or shut it down all together. Thats all I have to say.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us