You Don't Mess With The Zohan

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4109
I just watched a screener of this and man... what a disappoinment. The commercials show pretty much all of the funny parts and the rest is just kind of weird and boring. If you are thinking of going to see it at a theater... don't. Anyone else see it and agree or disagree?

If I were rating it for a website I would give it a 4 out of 10 and that is being generous because I like Adam Sandler and Rob Schneider. I absolutely love Emmanuelle Chriqui too, she is in my top five girls, but they didn't really show her looking that hot and her Palestinian accent seemed forced and lame. Sandler and John Turturro did as well as anyone else could do given the script and the strange camera style and music, but ehhh.

I waited a long time to see this too wtf

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3264
My sister and I took my dad to see it the other night cause he thought it looked funny, our thoughts afterwards were similar to yours B-Rad.

They manage to pull you in early, the movie was fun and interesting at first, but it loses its charm quickly. The redundant jokes about Zohan's giant package and his zest for sleeping with old unattractive women weren't really funny the first time, which means they're just annoying by the time you get to the 10th repetition!!!

This movie was really terrible. A horrendous piece of writing that shouldn't have been made into a film. They ATTEMPTED to excuse a lot of blatant stereotypes about middle-eastern people by making the moral of the story one of peace and understanding, but the plot and it's characters were shallow and undeveloped.

3 out of 10

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8244
Dudes, I thought the movie looked terrible from the preview. I wouldn't pay 5 bucks to see that movie, hell, not even 2.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3265
I figured it would be pretty bad Rob. Like I said it was really for my dad for fathers day weekend, and he enjoyed it (he loves really stupid comedy). And I still say that the concept of the movie, as unoriginal as it may be (typical "fish out of water" story), had potential. Some different writers/directors could've potentially made this a good comedy.

Brad I hope you caught this, but the part that actually made me laugh REALLY HARD was when they were showing the profile of a terrorist or w/e. And as the letters come up on the screen it says something like his name, height, weight or w/e and then it says "Throws Bombs: Left Handed"

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 6011
I thought the trailer looked retarded.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8247
I felt like I should be paid to watch that movie, that's how bad it looked to me from the previews lol.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9867
Agreed with Rob. Movie looked terrible from the get go imo. Can't stand Rob Schneider either.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4056
I loved the movie lol. I'm the type of guy that enjoyed watching Kung Pow when it came out.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3266
"I'm the type of guy that enjoyed watching Kung Pow when it came out."

Do you mean that "enter the fist" movie? I never saw that until recently and honestly it was hilarious, wayyyy more clever and original than Zohan.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 1852
I loved this movie lol. It was one of the best I've seen this year. I guess everyone has a different taste.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4112
Yeah Nick but the only other movie you saw this year was "The Hottie and the Nottie".
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us