NBA Playoffs 2008

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3091
How do you guys see things playing out? Here are the matchups...

WEST

1 Lakers
vs.
8 Nuggets

4 Jazz
vs.
5 Rockets

3 Spurs
vs.
6 Suns

2 Hornets
vs.
7 Mavericks

EAST

1 Celtics
vs.
8 Hawks

4 Cavaliers
vs.
5 Wizards

3 Magic
vs.
6 Raptors

2 Pistons
vs.
7 76'ers

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 575
stones and spurs in the finals - stones in 7

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15408
Celtics all the way!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3093
Round 1

LAKERS > NUGGETS - The nuggets have 3 incredibly talented players. Unfortunately, they're all under achievers, and i don't think they particularly care.

JAZZ > ROCKETS - on the fence here. the rockets streak was great, but also misleading. however their defense might be top 5 in the NBA. in the end the Jazz win a tough series, they're too good on the boards, and Deron Williams is clutch.

SPURS > SUNS - boring as hell, but the spurs get the job done.

MAVERICKS > HORNETS - love CP but i like the way dallas finished the season, they have WAY more postseason experience, and they're a more talented team.

CELTICS > HAWKS - "the boston three party"

WIZARDS > CAVS - hate the way the cavs have played the last part of the season, they're going into the playoffs with a team that doesn't have much experience playing together. The wizards have gotten healthy at the perfect time, Arenas is a top 5 pure scorer, Jamison and Butler are legit all-stars.

MAGIC > RAPTORS - look for the magic to make noise in the next round as well.

PISTONS > 76'ERS - Pistons...

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5415
did you really call a.i. an underachiever????? dear god, man.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20360
lakers vs celtics

lakers in 6

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3095
"did you really call a.i. an underachiever?????"

absolutely. He might be the best scoring point guard ever, i'm not saying he hasn't put up number throughout his career. But the lack of true commitment is obvious.

Certainly in his famous "practice" speech, I can recognize that he AND the reporters are kind of goofing around. BUT it does IMO show his lack of commitment to do whatever it takes to win. He'll go out there every night and play with more heart and soul than anyone else on the court, but their is a lack of true dedication and focus. The last thing he says is IMO absolutely sincere, and very telling of his attitude, "How the hell can I make my team mates better by practicing?"

Bottom line: He plays with more than enough heart, but not enough brain. His shooting percentage is lower than it should be, and he turns the ball over too much. On defense, sure he gets steals cause he's quick as hell, but he doesn't really DEFEND for sh!t.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20361
let me break it down here.

lakers vs nuggets........no contest. the lakers will either sweep or win in 5. denver has no defense. obviously when it comes to defense camby is all alone. they do have the offense power but the lakers can match them point for point easily.

suns vs spurs...........i really like sun's chances here. i would like to say suns in 7. shaq has been blended well to their offense. actually more like the suns adjusted to shaq's style of play.

rockets vs jazz.......i see jazz winning this one in 6 games. without yao ming, the rockets are going to have a tough time. i know the rockets have that 22 game win streak with half of it without yao ming but we all know the playoffs are much different.

hornets vs mavs........the mavs will take this in 7 games. mavs have matched up well with the hornets and kidd is finally playing mav's style ball. kidd and nowitzki are communicating well out there.

as far as east playoffs goes, it sux. we all know who will be at the conf finals.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5416
you 1. realize when that speech is made and 2. are contradicting yourself big time.

"He'll go out there every night and play with more heart and soul than anyone else on the court, but their is a lack of true dedication and focus"

if he goes out and plays with heart and soul and hasn't had a single off the court problem then wtf are you talking about?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4297
celtics all the way baby i hope its then vs the lakers in the finals

Gold Member

Post Number: 5418
i say if you wanna pick on a nugget then target mr. dui, carmelo anthony.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20372
i agree reece. melo hasn't been playing up to his expectations. i think they should trade melo to get a kick azz pf/center.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5420
i don't think they need to trade melo. he was tearing apart defenses at the end of the year and is a matchup horror for the other team, he's just having a rough stretch.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20377
yea but they got enough offense with iverson. if they get dwight howard calibur player to fill up the middle, they would be almost unstopable.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3096
"He'll go out there every night and play with more heart and soul than anyone else on the court, but their is a lack of true dedication and focus"

I don't think that statement is contradictory at all in it's context. Maybe you're failing see the distinction between things like heart/passion, versus things like dedication/focus/hard work etc.

The first, you either have or you don't, and Iverson does. The latter is up to you to make what you want of it, and Iverson has under achieved.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5426
iverson has NOT underachieved. not in the least. he is one of the most prolific scorers of all time and he barely scratches 6' tall. you may say the guy doesn't like to practice (i mean we talkin' bout practice!) but still the guy lays it on the line EVERY GAME. He is one of the best competitors in the league and shows NO lack of effort on the court. dumbest statement you've ever made.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3097
"He is one of the best competitors in the league and shows NO lack of effort on the court. dumbest statement you've ever made."

Just for the record Reece, what EXACTLY was the dumbest statement I've ever made? Saying he isn't a competitor? Or saying he lacks effort?.... or was it something else that i never said? EDIT: I said he has under achieved, but everything else you said about him I agree on, so I don't think you're getting my logic.

I still think you're missing the point i'm trying to make, and I honestly don't have the energy to try anymore. I'm pretty sure i could say the earth is round, and you'd argue that it's flat.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

All he does is catch t..., Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 14143
if A.I where 6ft 6 or better he would be the best player in NBA history, period..every shot he takes there is a hand in his face..Im not a huge A.I. fan, but the guy is super talented..Not sure what you mean by under achieved...anywho

Celtics over Rockets in 5, watch T-Mac go on a terror

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3851
Don't count out the Spurs is all I am gonna say.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20390
this is kobe's year. infact this year and the next few years are going to belong to the lakers. with andrew bynum back 100% healthy the lakers will be unstoppable.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5429
underacheiving would mean he is expected to do greater things than he has or that he does. which i think he has done alot more than was ever expected of him. he has not underachieved thus he isn't an underacheiver.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20396
i think iverson has done more than what he needed to do. when he came to the nuggets, it was carmelo's show but iverson has shown leadership and took the team under his wings. its the rest of the team that is underachieving and because of that iverson appears that way.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5444
Iversons "underacheiving" right now... He hasn't scored his playoff average of 30 yet.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3109
Iverson being a great scorer doesn't change that he doesn't give a sh!t about playing defense, or playing smart instead of wreckless.

With 2:10 left, down by 11, Iverson just got double-tech'd and thrown out after arguing profusely when he didn't even have a legit argument.

Reece if you believe A.I. really gives 100% in EVERY facet of the game, then you've been fooled. The guy wants to, and does, score a lot of points, make the occasional flashy pass, and use his quickness to get steals. He underachieves as a defender and as a point guard who doesn't care to TRULY distribute the ball and really run an offense.

In those aspects he's not on the same level as a Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Deron Williams etc. And it sure as hell isn't because of a lack of ability. It's a lack of commitment to do the things that may come less naturally to him, and aren't as individually rewarding.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1471
lol sixers beat the pistons 90-86.....haha

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3110
I figured the sixers would win a game or two, but damn, winning the first one to steal home court... who knows, could they win the series?

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20574
the lakers are the only undefeated team in the playoffs.

but aside from that, what a playoff we got going here. i mean all teams are so fun to watch. this year's nba playoffs are just awesome. i don't know what stern did for the nba to get interesting again but keep up the good work.

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Db10

Post Number: 24
The lakers won't get pass the Spurs. The Spurs turned on the "play" button after toying around all regular season.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5601
i hate the spurs. i hope the lakers beat them.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20622
whether the lakers make it to finals or not, i just don't want it to be the spurs. of course i would love to see the lakers in the finals. but i just don't want to see the spurs. the spurs get the lowest ratings in a nba game. last year's final had the lowest ratings ever. only people that did watch it are the people that wanted to see lebron james. after the spurs took game 3, no one watched game 4. except for san antonio people.

so what i am trying to say is that spurs games are boring. even when their regular season game is televised nationally on sunday, no one wants to see them. yes they got mad skills. but its just too boring watching them. after all basketball is also entertainment and the spurs don't entertain no one. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5605
spurs are full of boring talent.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1486
i hate the spurs.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20682
round 2 lakers vs jazz sunday at 3:30 pm eastern on ABC.

now wassup with the celtics. best team in the nba can't even win a playoff game on the road. lol. i am sure they'll win the game 7 at home on sunday but mad props to atlanta hawks for forcing game 7. the hawks are 29 games behind the celtics in regular season record. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5653
yeah its pretty wild man. it just goes to show that anything can happen.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1492
i like the hawks i use them on NBA2k8. i doubt they will win game 7 because its at boston's court. :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 5655
hawks still put up a hell of a fight though.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15633
HOW BOUT THEM CELTICS 2-0 AGAINST CLEVELAND...

"Celtics Blow Out Cavs in Lopsided Game 2"

Upload

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 598
paul pierce is one of my favorite players.

too bad the celtics will lose to the pistons.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20782
i am hoping for celtics vs lakers finals. it appears though that the lakers have an easier road to the finals than the celtics. pistons are going to be tough but i think celtics will pull it off.

lakers on the other hand will steam roll through the playoffs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5799
cavs will come back in cleveland.

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 602
the pistons are too deep for the celtics...

sheed, hamilton, and prince match up pretty well with kg, allen, and pierce.

our bench is far better

and billups is going to absolutely own rondo

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20789
well it don't matter who goes cause lakers will take care of them all.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5803
billups can hardly walk, let alone guard one of the quickest players in the league. I think Orlando is going to knock off the pisstons.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15646
Celtics green baby ...all the way!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3166
be interesting to see how "LeBrick" James (thank you skip) plays tonight after putting up two of the worst performances in the history of basketball.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5810
^ I hope that was an ridiculous exaggeration.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20791
the way i see it, cavs have a good chance at this. if they can win the 2 games at home, that can give them the momentum going to boston. they might be able to steal that game 5 over there. its very possible.

as far as lebron, he is still adjusting to the boston defense. hopefully he got it now. with the home crowd behind him, i expect a monster game from a monster player tonight.

in other words, i can't wait til tonight.

lebron and dwight howard are both playing tonight.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5819
whatd i tell you. cavs DESTROYED the celts.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3170
"whatd i tell you. cavs DESTROYED the celts."

Who disagreed with you?

Celtics potential to win a title is dwindling IMO. They still might make the finals but I can't see them beating the likes of western conference champs.

The Cavs' chance of winning a title is, well, just about non-existent. One-man team FTL. With that said I won't be shocked at all if they beat the Celtics, hell I won't be surprised if they make the finals again, but they'll get embarrassed like they did last time.

Magic are done, couldn't win at home w/out Chauncey Billups playing? = series over.

NO vs. SA is tricky. Everyone is jumping back on the SA wagon of course since they won the last 2, but don't forget games 1 and 2 were blowouts in the Hornets favor. I say if anyone wins a road game in this series, it'll be SA in game 7.

Lakers > Jazz The games in LA were much more 1-sided than the games in Utah. I expect the Lakers to win the next 2. Hey NBA, in the future, how bout we have some kind of system to veto trades like Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown and some junk...what a joke

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20800
so pissed at kobe yesterday. i don't know why he tried to win the game by himself in over time. it was odom and fisher who got them to over time and yet kobe didn't even look to pass to them in ot. kobe was playing with a bad back so he should of dished it out to someone. yesterday's game should of been the lakers. damn.

but that fourth quarter when the lakers were down by 12 with less than 5 minutes and they came back was fricking awesome. lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15670
I think U all underestimate the Celtics...and the Cavs have a better chance of seeing God than beating the Celtics!..we'll take one series at a time!

BTW..it was a no brainer the Cavs were finally gonnna win one big at home!...any schoolyard kid knew that was coming!...

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4395
that was the cave emotion takes place at home. That wont happen tonight celts will come out strong and stay on top to win and then game 5 = series over

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20802
kg can't carry that team forever. pierce is only effective at home and ray allen's shots just aren't falling on the road either. you guys got a rookie pg that is pretty good but is a rookie. and your back up pg cassell? come on that dude is over and done with.

but imo i see the celtics beating out the cavs. even though i said cavs will win this series up there. but i can't see the celtics beating out the pistons.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5822
i never said anyone disagreed? but anyways, rondo isn't a rookie he just blows. lebron still hasn't played a game like he is capable of playing. now LBJ's teammates proved they can win a game so the celtics D will have to account for them of get their sh1t kicked in again tonight. you know what that means? lebron will go off tonight. he shooting has gotten better each game and tonight he is back to regular season form dropping 30+ points and at least 8 boards and assists.

f the celtics.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20805
"rondo isn't a rookie he just blows"

oops my bad man. the celtics were so irrelevant last year that i didn't know who rondo was. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5828
haha no prob. he's not worth recognizing anyhow.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3172
"lebron will go off tonight. he shooting has gotten better each game"

Ever heard of the law of averages? OF COURSE his shooting will get better after he put up the worst shooting % EVER by a player in 3 playoff games with more than 50 attempts.

Everyone gets mad at me when i debate the Lebron thing but it annoys me that people are SO QUICK to forgive his crucial mistakes and poor performances, just because he has freakish talent/athleticism. His performances in the first 3 games weren't sub-par, they weren't even bad, they were literally some of the ALL TIME WORST...ever...in basketball lol

LK, i'm watching the game now, and honestly i wonder if i'm OVER-estimating the Celts. They'll probably get knocked out by the cavs, which is...funny.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5832
Cavs FTW. Why do you feel the need to argue, Ehren? Any game that yous core 25 points in is not one of the worst ever.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3174
"Why do you feel the need to argue, Ehren?"

uhh i dunno. I've been told i have short mans complex but i'm like 5'9" which isn't even that short so ur guess is as good as mine.

In all honesty though, I've secretly never even watched a sporting event in my life. I just want to see how long I can keep the charade going.

Okay but seriously. Lebron is over rated. He may be the best goalie on the field when he's putting well, but what about when he isn't?

<--- i'm in a weird mood

Gold Member

Post Number: 5834
WTF, man. Lay down the bowl and save the rest of the weed for another day.

Silver Member
Username: Metallica

Post Number: 683

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15678
hell, even the announcers after the game stated that LBJ, has had the worse "top 3" players for games in playoff history...I think thats speaks for itself..surprising Bob Petit was on that list too..I think Barkley knows a lil something about the game!..

Screw the Cavs, the Celtics are gonna take em down...Watch!...they will break out!

Silver Member

Post Number: 685
I want to know what the hack is wrong with the Celtics..did they forgot how to play on the road in the playoff??
can even win at Atlanta and now at Cleveland..LMAO

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20807
yea i know. i mean they are considered the best team in the nba and they couldn't even win on the road against a lowest seed team in the east. then kevin garnett had a little interview saying how playoffs are way different and that you get exhausted after everygame.

well i say no excuses. if the celtics can't win a championship with their roster this year then they won't win for a long time. they gave up so much to get kg and allen its not even funny.

the celtics can't rely on their home court advantage forever. someone is going to beat them in boston and don't be surprised if wally drops the bomb on them in game 5. of course james will bring it cause he found his rythm.

lakers on the other hand have a great shot at the title this year. despite their 2 losses in utah (which were pretty close i might add), the lakers got this series. they are playing with so much confidence right now. lamar odom is a beast and kobe hasn't lost his touch even with a bad pinkie and a bad back from sunday.

next year will be all lakers and hornets in the west and magics in the east.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5837
Lebron made KG his b1tch. Cavs win the series. Lakers got their azz beat on.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3618
Upset time! Cavs are gonna pull it out.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3620
Ok.....Maybe not.........lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5883
:-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15739
Celtic win the series and beat the Cavs!...LJ goes home and plays golf!..KG , PP, and RA and the boys advance on!

Go Celtic green!..and I hope some of ya are tasting big nasty sh*it after that trash U were spewing bout my Celtics!...Humble pie for some may be in order!

Like I said, play 1 game at a time...then the series will all fall into place..U all counted my Celtics out with the Hawks....then the Cavs..well guess what...Green is beautiful!

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16667
Fug basketball lol. My Penguins rolled over the Flyers today 6-0 to advance to the cup finals.

Oh wait.....

Upload

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4414
lol paul

and reece how can you say that about rondo he is a great ball player is he the best no not at all but he is still a great player.

who cares if there losing on the road right now aslong as they win at home they win perks of having the best record in the league

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3185
Congrats to the Celtics. I would love to see guys like Ray Allen and KG win a title.

But they won't beat the Pistons IMO. Since getting caught "pacing themselves" a little too much in games 1 & 3 against the Sixers, the Pistons have won 7 out of 8 games including 2 road victories. As long as Billups can be at least like 75% healthy in regards to his hamstring strain, he should dominate Rondo.

The other day I heard someone compare Lebron vs. the celtics' big 3, to 1 batman vs. 3 robins. And I totally agree with that analogy. Lebron has the ability to take over and dominate an entire game at times. The Celtics' don't have that player.

KG is a stud and he'll always rack up some stats but he's not a dominate post player, he opts to spin and fake and shoot little fadeaways and such instead of taking it to the rim consistently. And this "defensive player of the year" doesn't scare Rasheed Wallace one bit in the post.

And the tough, versatile defenders of the Pistons are going to make things difficult for Ray Allen and Paul Pierce.

I'll say the Pistons win 1 of the first 2 at Boston, and then win the series in 7.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15740
Pierce dominated the entire court and game!...how can U even imply LJ = the 3 Celtics...ridiculous

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20855
i'd take the big 3 celtics over lebron anyday.

anyways the problem with the celtics in the playoffs is that not all 3 of them are playing good at once. during the regular season all three were monsters but during the playoffs (especially on the road) only one is showing up to play seems like. if they are going to beat the pistons then ray allen needs to come alive again. that guy has been too quiet.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5888
Okay the entire series was pretty much Lebron vs. Paul Pierce, KG, and Ray Allen and Lebron almost won. No reason for the Celtic fans to boast and brag. The Pistons are going to beat them up pretty good.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3623
Boston will NOT..I repeat will NOT win the championship.

They play in the softest conference hence their great regular season record. They have been taken to 2 game 7's. Cant win on the road. And KG is well....KG. There is a reason he hasnt won a championship.

If Detroit doesnt knock them off (which I think they will), LA or SA will.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20859
its a shame though cause celtics stacked their team up with 3 great players but only one shows up to play during the playoffs.

jesse, its not LA or SA. its just LA

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 628
then

"billups can hardly walk, let alone guard one of the quickest players in the league. I think Orlando is going to knock off the pisstons."

now

"Okay the entire series was pretty much Lebron vs. Paul Pierce, KG, and Ray Allen and Lebron almost won. No reason for the Celtic fans to boast and brag. The Pistons are going to beat them up pretty good."

Gold Member

Post Number: 5889
that was wishful thinking. i hate the pistons, but i like them more than the celts.

"And KG is well....KG. There is a reason he hasnt won a championship"

dumbest statement ever. did you do any research to back that up? KG willed his sh1tty a55 t-wolves team to the western conference championship before and its not his fault that he hasn't one. he had the same situation in minnesota as lebron does in cleveland. NO SUPPORTING CAST.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3188
Chad and LK I think you guys missremembered (i love that word) what I was trying to say. I wasn't saying that Lebron is as good as KG, RA, AND PP combined, that is absurd and not debatable. I was saying that the Celtics don't have that go-to superstar that can take over a game the way a Kobe, Lebron, or Chris Paul type player can.

When the majority of a team's gameplan is forced to revolve around just one of the opposing team's players, and then they STILL find that one player to be virtually unstoppable, it's devastating. Sorry, but none of the Celtics are that player. The guys i listed, among others, can do that. KG is NOT dominant in that way, Sheed will handle him. Sheed is a better center than KG plain and simple. I don't care about the technicals, I don't care about the numbers, Sheed is a better CENTER than KG.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3624
Damn Reece your so badass I want to be just like you.

Did he win a ship...nope didnt think so. Its easy to be an internet badass. I really wish I could meet half you clowns on these forums that talk like that.

I'm a fu(kin nice guy but I get the fu(k down and would love to see your skinny, lilly, little, fake gangsta @ss say some sh!t like that to my face. I would beat you the fu(k down. REAL TALK playa. I been through way harder sh!t than your rich spoiled @ss will ever know.

Oh wait..here it comes. Now I'm the e-thug..riiiggghhhtt. I never talk sh!t on these boards unless disrespected. All you fegs were talkin sh!t about Chauncey. Yeah he lied...SO FU(KING what. Like none of you perfect angels have ever lied. Wonder why I dont post as much anymore.....Cause this sh!t is getting gayer and gayer buy the day.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3625
Where you at Reece? Couldn't find any grammatical errors to come back with? Pu$$Y.

Just by stating that was the "dumbest statement ever.", makes your statement ludacrous. If you really believe that was the "dumbest statement ever", your on a whole other lever of stupid. Way more than I had already thought.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15742
Pitbull...I misundersttod your LJ = 3 statement...

But I disgree with your statement about U need 1 dominant player too...Red Sox last year is a perfect example...they were/are ALL very good, but not 1 dominated the leagues, same with the Celtics, IMO...baseball, basketball, football etc are TEAM sports..

TEAM has alot of meaning which the more I watch the NBA, the more I realize that very few teams can SPELL TEAM, nevermind PLAY TEAM basketball...the old Celtics with Bird, Mchale, Chief, Ainge, DJ, now that was TEAM basketball, and so were many others back then!....its getting to the point where I can't stand the lack of D, the 5-6 steps walk, and the pitch out when ya are 6'8" and 1 on 1 and 2 feet from the rim..I played and coached many years in a different era and with a completely different basketball style...run,run,run and take it to the hoop, and then press, and play some D!...always take it to the hole and bury the SOB!...and the officiating is just awful...I now much prefer college ball over the NBA..in the NBA, that ain't basketball, thats some new game that Naismith never had in mind..looks like street ball with no rules, and "downtown" Charlie Brown shooting all the time..

anyways I'm cheering on my Celtics cause they are somewhat of a team..and all contribute..and BTW, Ray Allen has some personal issues going on, thats why he ain't playing like himself..but Rondo has stepped it up, when needed..but if they are to go further, they need Allen to get his head back into the game..

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3189
Well I don't think you NEED to have that elite player to win a title, plenty of teams have done it without that guy. In the case of the Celtics specifically though i see that as being their downfall this season. They lack the depth, and consistency of their main players to overcome it IMO.

"Red Sox last year is a perfect example...they were/are ALL very good, but not 1 dominated the leagues, same with the Celtics, IMO...baseball, basketball, football etc are TEAM sports.."

To me basketball is a sport where an individual or a couple individuals can dominate moreso than in baseball or football. Football you've got too many guys on the field, even when you see like a running back have a crazy game it's in large part due to quality blocking and play calling. And in baseball the only way you can really have one guy dominate the whole game is the starting pitcher, which one could argue the Red Sox DID have because in the playoffs last season the opposing teams might as well have not even shown up the way Beckett pitched.,

Gold Member

Post Number: 5893
dude, naledge, i wasn't calling you out at all or even trying to diss you. i didn't think i said ANYTHING personal at all to you. i just disagree with your statement. kg is one of the best of all time and shouldn't be hated on for not winning a ship and he is definitely not a playoff choke artist. he's actually the only celtic who consistently put up good numbers.

did you have a bad day or something?

ehren. please. kg is a much better center than sheed. hands down.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5894
oh yeah and "where i was at" is my sister's high school graduation. sorry i couldn't sit on the net and wait for a response.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3190
The vast majority of people will probably disagree with Sheed being a better center than KG, but i stand by that 100%. Sheed is a MUCH more physical, scary post player on both offense and defense than KG is. He's better at creating chances for himself to get to the rim than KG is. AND he has a SICK perimeter game unlike KG. Sure the numbers might say that KG is better, but the numbers only tell part of the story.

Naledge, I'm sure Reece didn't mean to insult you with what he said. In fact he already declared something I said in this very thread to be "the dumbest statement ever", when I said A.I. is an underachiever.

Reece you're my boy but if i can give you some friendly criticism, you can be a bit abrasive at times. But I genuinely believe Reece is a cool guy and doesn't mean anything by it, he just gets really heated when debating stuff, particularly sports.

But hey you've gotta get heated to be convincing when you've obviously got your head up your a$s and don't know wtf you're talking about :-) :-) :-)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20865
its all set guys. what a series its going to be.

celtics vs pistons
lakers vs spurs

you got the top 4 teams in the nba going at it. i can't wait. it is going to be sooooooo fricking awesome.

i predict lakers in 6. lakers got trevor ariza coming back. he is looking good during practics. kobe's back is all healed and lamar odom is playing his best basketball of his career. gasol is gasol. he is gonna have a good series. lakers got depth.

incase you guys don't know who trevor ariza is, here's a little vid of him.

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 630
you can go back and forth with sheed vs. kg.

as far as talent goes, they are pretty even IMO. kg is better at defense but i think sheed is more versitle and better on the offensive end.

sheed has a temper and he used to be a liablilty, but he now seems to put that into firing the team up.

SHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDD.

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 631
he just shiit on grant hills head

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20866
lol yeah he did.

the thing is ariza might take some games to get back in to game form. he has been out since january so we have to see how it goes. but he is back up to lamar. lakers got this. i just wished andrew bynum came back but he isn't cause he is gonna get surgery.

LETS GO LAKERS!!!!!

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3626
You can never count out SA.

And Reece. I shouldn't have flipped like that. Its just sickening seeing the forum transform into a mini CA.com. Squash it.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20871
guys what should i do?

i can only afford to go to one game. so do i go to game 5 of the western conference finals between the lakers and spurs or do i take a chance and wait for the lakers to make it to the finals and go to a finals game.

a pair of tickets to game 5 would cost me $700. i don't know how much a pair of finals tickets would be but i assume it would be about a grand.

i have been to many lakers games in the past but never a playoff or finals game. i don't know what to do.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3632
I would go to game 5. The finals are not guaranteed so you could possibly miss out on both. Plus you will save a lot of money.....like that matters to you lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20872
but if the finals are lakers vs celtics, its like a chance of a life time. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5895
"Reece you're my boy but if i can give you some friendly criticism, you can be a bit abrasive at times. But I genuinely believe Reece is a cool guy and doesn't mean anything by it, he just gets really heated when debating stuff, particularly sports"

Thing is, I wasn't even being abrasive at all. I said he made a dumb statement, which it is, and he flipped. Oh well.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3633
Too much of a big IF for me. But thats just me.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3191
"I said he made a dumb statement, which it is, and he flipped. Oh well."

You declare it a dumb statement as if you just got DNA confirmation from the lab. You are talking about something that is highly debatable no matter how strongly you may feel about it. So to sh!t on someone elses opinion as if it's worthless and not even worth consideration, is a little rude. And to portray your idea that his statement was "the dumbest statement ever" as an innocent declaration of fact, is a little disheartening to me.

Just my opinion. I don't have anything else to say about it, I've probably already said too much.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3639
It is what it is Pit.

Apparently I'm not the only one who feels that way about KG though..

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3403820

Gold Member

Post Number: 5900
Meh, whatever. KG has done his part to get his team to the ship. He is the ONLY player who played worth a sh1t consistently against the Cavs. He's never had a supporting cast around him until now. We'll see.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15751
Celtic green baby!...one game at a time!...KG and Pierce, along with Celtics D and some good teamwork, dominated BIG time tonite....

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4418
good game by the celts hope they can keep it up and dominate this series.I already told the fiance if they win this series im going to the finals i dont care lol she said fine they better win

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 632
it was a good game. eastern confrence basketball for sure.

the celtics did have control over the stones for the entire game. kg and pierce played great.

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 643
awesome game last night

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1508
great game lastnight lakers coming back after halftime after being down by 20.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5914
killer comeback.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3644
It made me sick. Made me think back to 2000 when the Lakers came back from 15 down half way through the 4th against my Blazers in game 7 of the western conference finals.

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1904
Kobe showed everyone why he is the MVP... again.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5918
i kinda hate that everyone is going to say that. if he would have just played well all game and the lakers would have won no one would be saying things like that.

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 647
he did play pretty good all game.

just in the first half he didnt shoot as he passed (probably too much). he only put up 3 or 4 shot attempts in the first half and he went off in the 2nd.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4422
rondo needs to learn to shoot the ball more often he killed the celts last night with stupid passing when he should have taken shots. Btw refs def one sided last night they did not want the celts to win that game they were calling everything and anything on them and not hardly enough on detroit

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20904
lol come on charlie don't start with the refs stuff. i was watching the same game as you. to me it seemed a bit favoring the celtics. the pistons out played them last night. pistons had a chance to extend the lead a few times but the refs were calling some cheap fouls for the celtics.

but i don't believe in that stuff. the refs calls them as they see it on the court. they don't have the luxury of seeing it on slow-mo like we do.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3201
"Btw refs def one sided last night they did not want the celts to win that game they were calling everything and anything on them and not hardly enough on detroit"

bs. I assume you're accusing them of one of two things. Either you think the NBA is influencing them, which is crazy because they would MUCH rather have the Celts make the finals than the pistons, or you think the refs are trying to dictate the outcome for gambling related reasons, which is also crazy. If any other refs were doing that they wouldn't be now after Donagy or w/e his name was got caught.

"i kinda hate that everyone is going to say that. if he would have just played well all game and the lakers would have won no one would be saying things like that."

Good point. It's important to realize that the commentators/announcers/analysts are going to paint the picture they want to paint. If Ginobli had hit that 3 to win the game, guess what, the story would've been all about how Kobe sucked in the first half and his second half performance woulda been too little too late instead of heroic. With that said, it's also important to note how scary it is that Kobe can flip the switch like that. Reminds me of a pretty good player that used to play for my Bulls...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20908
nice close game. whew that was too close for comfort for the lakers.

NOT

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. LAKERS ROCK.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3206
Lakers will win the series barring a significant injury or something. 2-0 isn't insurmountable, and the next two are in SA, but I can't remember ever seeing SA get dominated like they did tonight.

Lamar Odom is a mother f*ckin PROBLEM for the Spurs, and I don't think they have an answer.

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1905
Odom looked great tonight. I remember everyone laughing when the trade with Shaq happened. I don't see too many people laughing now. But Miami did get a championship because of it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15789
Regarding The Celtics game...it was a good close game, and could have went either way...Pistons simply won, a few little things made the diffremce..the celtics beat themselves with their turnovers and lack of D...also I have also stated that most games are determinded at the foul line...

As far as the refs go, I think they all suck in the NBA..and can easily determine the outcome, but I don't believe its intentional..I think the game has changed so much that the rules are rarely enforced, so therefore the team who commits less rule violations will always appear to be the "victim", conversely the more violations committed allows a more "favorable" outlook ..I have no complaints about the poor refs in every game, thats just the NBA now..

The Lakers...well what can anybody say...they simply kicked some serious azz!..and us Celtic fans have always respected the Lakers for many many years..I think U'll find that many Laker and Celtic fans have maintained this respectful relationship , since at least the Magic and Bryd days..

I myself would love to see the Lakers and the Celtics in the end..

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20910
lakers vs celtics is a tradition. also both organizations hate each other with a passion but with alot of respect.

the lakers and celtics were pretty much going at it from beginning of the season. lakers wanted garnett but mc hale wasn't gonna let him go to the lakers. so what does he do? he gift wraps garnett for danny ainge and ships him out to boston.

then during the middle of the season, jerry west, GM of memphis, does the same for his old team the lakers by giving the lakers pau gasol.

now the lakers will hold up their end of the bargain by making it to the finals. will the celtics hold up theirs? lets hope so.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15793
Celtics green baby!...back in the saddle, and out of that "away game' temp slump"..they showed why they were the #1 NBA team "away" this season..I was impressed with their team play and the D...and KG speaks for himself, the true complete team player he is, with such versitality on both sides of the ball..

I take nothing away from the pistons, but they simply were way over there heads in this one...got outplayed all around..

again, as usual...u got to play 1 game at a time, and focus on here and now, NOT tomorrow and yesterday!

also Ray Allen looks to be slowly coming around, and contributing in other ways..and thats a MUST now..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5928
they are raving about ray allen raising his 3 pt % to 26, lmao. f the celts.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15794
Reece...U're an azzole...with no practice at all....it comes naturally!...I tried to be co-ordial and nice to U, but ....once an azzhole , always an azzhole..!..go fock yourself!..U are youre punk HS mentality, who knows shi*t!...piss me off, focking JERK!...go fock the prom queen and thats your fame to glory,,for the rest of your pathetic life

BTW..we all did her before U!,,,ya think U're so cool but U ain't sh*it..another punk wannabee who is a retard young, dumb and full of cu*m, who thinks that they have a clue about life, but cocky enuff to do the talk but never did the walk!...lots of BS mouthage!...I'm sick of your'e crap...all U do is bash other opinions!...like a spoiled lil, rich kid 12 yr old! ( what momma should but for a car...most momma's are happy to have any car!)....go FU*K yourself punk!

and I have no idea why these others cow down to U, like U even have a clue what reality is all about!...I have listened to your azzhole talk enuff and now its time U were told the truth!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5939
where did that come from, man? i didn't attack you at all. i said the same about kobe, so dont think its a personal attack on your precious celts. get the chip off your shoulder. if you were sooo wise you would know better. ;) i don't know everything, no one does. i do know my own opinion though so why shouldn't i give it whenever i please? you certainly do, to our dismay. oh well, hope you didn't get your heart rate up typing that old timer.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20934
damn lakers got out played bad sunday. today is another day so.....

LETS GO LAKERS!!!!!!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3215
My prediction: Kobe puts up 40+ tonight, but it'll be up to the Lakers' role players to play well on the road. If they step up to the challenge, Lakers in 5 games.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20940
Upload

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3216
I want to be like you when I grow up Chad.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20943

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3218
Chad your Lakers just won the NBA title tonight IMO. I don't see the Spurs coming back from 3-1 against them, and I don't see the Celts OR Pistons beating them.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20946
lets hope so pit. what a game.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3993
Somewhere Shaq weeps...

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 679
lets go stones

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 685
best game of the playoffs as a whole by far

awesome battle - just too bad the pistons couldnt pull it out

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15796
Celtics Green!...106-102

Ray Allen is back in the groove, hitting everything he threw up...KG does his usual, alot of EVERYTHING!..and Perkins was a monster tonite!...and Pierce does what he always does, a good bit of everything... and Rondo, well he just basically sucked, even though his assist stats were impressive, his play was a huge detriment to the Celtics, and almost cost them!

One game at a time...time to wrap this up in Detroit, Friday!...Think RA will be the difference, as KG has already dominated the entire series..

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 689
it was a great game. what sucks is that the nba wants the celtics to win. the celtics got the calls last night.

the pistons still had plenty of chances to win though.

I thought Rondo actually played well last night but the celtics would have lost without perkins once in a lifetime game

KG and Allen played great last night.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15798
NBA doesn't want Celtics to win...LMAO...thats ridiculous talk...they have huge fan base in Detroit and Midwest too, no need for NBA to have Celtics to win..

The calls by refs sucked on both sides..they do every game!...definitely no favoritism in that game...some cheap technicals called against both teams..and ridiculous calls in last 2 minutes against BOTH teams...That happens almost every game in NBA nowadays..

Rondo plays like he's a wussy, never shoots, and can't make any shots, including a layup...and his passes are just plain BAD and stupid!....he has NO court sense!....Rondo looked like he was playing for the Pistons, IMO..he really does suck!...can't do anything well..he will be their downfall..

it was all KG, RA, Pierce and Perkins ...KG , IMO is one of top 3 players in the league...does it all, and not recognized for his all around talents...and Ray Allen is best pure shooter maybe in history..him and Reggie Miller

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 690
the calls did suck both ways but i think the celtics received a few more calls although the tech on perkins was complete BS.

Rondo played probably the best game I have seen him play. He actually resembled a PG last night. He needs to work on his jumper. it is absoltely terrible considering he is a starter in the NBA.

In this series, KG is playing the best basketball in the league.

Allen is also a great player and will be considered one of the best shooters of all time. I wouldnt call him Reggie though.

Pierce played an average game last night. They did not win because of Pierce. Perkins had a great game and without him, the celtics would have lost last night.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20968
usually the home team gets a bit more calls. there is no conspiracy theory here. lol.

i was watching the game and the celtics out played them. detroit got close which made the game awesome but celtics were the better team yesterday.

as for me, i am getting sick of everyone complaining about the no foul call on brent barry tuesday night. yes derek fisher fouled him but no call. but before that, fisher's shot hit the rim and the shot clock didn't restart. had the shot clock restart then lakers would of been fouled immediately and shot a couple of free throws.

the nba officals are bad alot of times but if you think about it, they have to call it on the spot. some of those plays happen so fast that its easy to miss it. they don't have the luxury of watching it in slo-mo like the rest of us.

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 691
no conspiracy theory but the nba wants the celtics to win and the calls were terrible last night.

the celtics were all you heard about this year - "the boston 3 party"

barry was fouled but i think it is entirely stupid that the nba made a statment about it. they should back the refs and the call even though everyone knows it was a foul.

dumb nba

Gold Member

Post Number: 5953
LK, you seriously don't think the commish wants Lakers vs. Celtics? You are mistaken, pal. Spurs vs. Pistons was the lowest rated NBA 'ship in ages.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3707
Forget about the officiating. The NBA definitely wants LA vs Boston. Its taking it back to the old school with all the old LA/Boston finals. It will make them a TON of money.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4426
yes i agree with that ^^^

but yet again the refs were pretty even i though during the last celts pistons game terrible calls. they called what they shouldnt have and didnt call what they should have

rondo is getting worse at the plays continue time for cassell to take over

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 699
i dont know why rivers has so much confidence in rondo - it is only giving us an advantage. i would play cassell over rondo all day. rondo sucks and he looks like lil bow wow.

the celtics are favored in every way. the nba wants them to win and even the announcers are pulling for the celts.

terrible officiating both ways - but i think the celtics got the better half if it

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3223
Rondo getting WAY too much blame IMO. The kid is a nice young player, and the Celts have put expectations on him this year that he was NO WHERE NEAR ready for, and yet he has handled it pretty well.

Then you have Ray Allen being called "best pure shooter maybe in history"... what a joke! How about some respect for the guys who do it when their team needs them the most? Ray Allen has folded like a house of cards in the playoffs this year. He has had only a couple games that were even respectable, comparing him to Reggie is laughable. I love Ray Allen, and I hope he goes on a tear and proves the critics wrong. But thus far, not only has he not been clutch, he's looked frustrated, confused, and downright scared. Not even in the same league with guys like Bird, Jordan, or Reggie right now.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20989
LAKERS ARE GOING TO THE FINALS!!!!!

BRING ON DETROIT OR BOSTON IT DON'T MATTER.

lakers just man handled the spurs. only took the lakers 5 games.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20990
KOBE BRYANT

MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP
MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3225
Lakers will win the title handily.

It's scary to think that Kobe is only 29 years old. Watch closely guys, because we could be watching the birth of a new dynasty.

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 812
I hate to say it but it looks like the Lakers might take it all....they are playing very strong.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20991
next year is really gonna go old school style in the west. lakers will be competing for the top spot in the west with the blazers. the way it should be. well maybe not next year but in a couple of years for sure.

lakers/blazers = the best western conference rivalry.

jesse the lakers are coming for your blazers. roy, aldrige, and oden are going down.

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 705
roy is a badass

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 706
roy is a badass

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15800
Congrats to the Lakers...see U guys in Boston soon...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20996
interesting read on sasha vujacic's final 3 pointer. if you guys saw the game til the end then you noticed sasha vujacic threw up a 3 with clock winding down. it was uncontested and i thought he shouldn't have shot the ball. but anyways no biggy right? well in the world of gambling, it was a 100 million dollar switch.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/24892642

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21001
congrats to the celtics.

BRING IT ON LK!!!!

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3725
Go Celts! I tried to be a Lakers fan for a minute but I just cant do it. As a Blazer fan its making myself sick.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3226
"lakers will be competing for the top spot in the west with the blazers."

Seriously? I'd put a buncha teams ahead of the Blazers if you asked me to make power rankings going into next year. Certainly it's a ways away, and a lot may change with the draft and trades etc. but I'd put the Lakers, Spurs, Hornets and Jazz above them for sure right now, then even putting them above the Suns/Mavs/Rockets is still tough.

Silver Member

Post Number: 759
GO Celtics!!
I hate Kobe can't stand that immature crying baby..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15802
For all U naysayers...Celtics Green baby...one game at a time!

U said the Celtics wouldn't beat

Hawks
Cavs
Pistons

and now I'm sure ya say the same about the Lakers..

Well bring it on!...and start backtracking about all your previous Celtic negative posts, and PLEASE keep bashing the Celtics, it makes em win more!

At least the Celtics deserve to be there..and just way under-rated by U naysayers all along...

I give credit and respect to the Lakers too, they deserve it too, and will be a strong worthy opponent...no shame for any 2 teams that make it this far, no matter what the outcome!

Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21002
i love the hatred the lakers are getting from people outside of souther cali. lakers are the most hated team in the nba and yet is the most watched team. where ever the lakers go the tickets sell out fast and if its a nationally televised game, its watched the most. kinda reminds me of this great team of the 90s. :-)

like you said LK no matter the outcome its going to be a very good series. best offense vs best defense. ones gotta give.

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 708
the pistons just got outplayed

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21013
my boy aflalo is on the pistons. they'll be good again.

ucla represent!!!!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3228
"Well bring it on!...and start backtracking about all your previous Celtic negative posts, and PLEASE keep bashing the Celtics, it makes em win more!

At least the Celtics deserve to be there..and just way under-rated by U naysayers all along... "

LK have you considered that maybe some people have watched the games and in their educated, un-biased opinion think the Celtics just aren't that good?

Or do you just assume that anyone who's critical of them must have some sort of grudge against them?

I'm not a Lakers fan, i've never lived in the area, don't know anyone who does. And I think the Lakers are going to beat the Celtics. So will you give me credit for a good prediction if they win?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15804
OK Tim...LMAO

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3229
"OK Tim...LMAO"

Ha! This senile old f@rt must think i'm one of his great grandkids or something!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15806
Tim aka project ...your prediction with such strong 50/50 odds against ya...is quite impressive...keep up the good work!

BTW...ya really think , some people just dislike the celtics?...honestly?...Geez that freshman college program is really educating ya!...LMAO...must be the philosophy or psych 101 class, thats making ya so smart!

Also...yeah I must have a 'grudge", cause I simply pointed out that many people with BIG mouths and so knowledgeable with B Ball and the celtics, were 100% WRONG and understimated the celtics for 3 playoff series...geez U get smarter with every sentence...must be that great college education, ya are getting!...Grudge must have been my reason to like a team and point out others bashings of it..Tim, I can't belive U are so intelligent!...LMAO

Since U feel so intelligent and educated to totally and ignorantly twist my post to meet your ego and bashing appetite, I can only accept your posts as for "humor only"...if ya got an ego need to be right, then be right about something, before ya try and look like a hero...and if ya got a need to bash someone, try an enemy!

Chad, so what if others hate the LAKERS...what matters if that U like them!...HERE ON THE EAST COAST AND IN NEW ENGLAND, WE RESPECT THEM..its an old respectful rivalry...we have no need to bash em, they are a worthy team and another great organization...Of course I'll be pulling for the Celtics, but I ignore all the haters...cause all losers hate winners!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3233
Did you just copy and paste one of your rants on Reece and use it for me to? My name isn't Tim, I honestly don't know if you think it is, or if that's supposed to be a joke. I'm not a freshman in college. You have complimented me on my level of intelligence in the past, and now you're implying that I think i'm a lot more intelligent than I really am. Which is it?

I may be very critical of the Celtics LK, but I don't "bash" them, that's the distinction I was trying to get you to understand. In all of your posts in sports related threads, all you seem to do is call everyone bashers and haters if they don't like Boston teams. I don't see you engaging in very much actual debate or discussion, and that bugs me a little.

I asked you if you'd give me credit for the prediction, not because it was supposed to be a gutsy prediction by any means, but because you seem to tack up any Celtic criticism to us being "haters" and "bashers".

I was bored and moderately drunk last night, and i'll admit the old f@rt comment was unnecessary and rude.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15807
NOT implying anything!...I'm telling ya outright!...I haven't bashed 1 team here in tghis thread...so put down the crack pipe and brush up on your college English comprehension..and quit writing like your some journalist for the AP!...I'm not impressed!...maybe others are, but not me...

obviously U didn't comprehend my previous post!...U did the bashing, not me,... and ridiculous allegations of grudges and bashing...

yeah i have defended u and agreed with U in the past on some things...big deal!...now U are trying to start in on me...go get laid, and blow smoke up anothers azz!

and shove that lame excuse and feeble attempt U tried for name calling...right up your young think ya know it all cocky azz

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3236
i give up.

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 710
everyone knew that the celts would beat atlanta and the cavs - its a given

KG played some of the best basketball I have seen.

i thought the pistons were going to pull it out but the celtics outplayed them

Gold Member

Post Number: 5965
LK. Why do you feel the need to bash everyone who has their own opinion? Just because they don't feel how you do doesn't mean their wrong. Let other people have their opinions. You're not always right you know.

Boston should have won 4-0 against the Hawks and if they are so good they should have put away the Cavs in 5 or 6 games. No one is saying the Celts aren't good. I'm simply stating that with the amount of talent they have on their squad they should play better. Maybe they just need to get their heads out of their a55 and you should follow suit you psychotic, old bully.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15808
Reece..U need to learn to read!...I never bashed ANY team or opposing player or person...like U are now to me, and the Celtics....U people like to dish it out, but are children, when corrected..

U're a joke!...now u say WINNING and getting into the FINALS isn't goood enough and they should be better!...are U focking retarded!

BTW..."project" bashed me and made bogus allegations for some unknown reason, to which I simply pointed out that they were completely false!...so this was none of your sorry azz business...except another excuse for U to stir the pot like ya always do!

I got broad shoulders and it don't cut no ice when somebody bashes me for something I did wrong... and have no problem with any others who have a different view or prefer another team...I grew out of that was I was 10...and i respect many people , their views, and their teams (such as the lakers)...but I don't like being falsely accused of bogus crap from people who can't read and comprehend!..or just want to stir crap up, giving themselves this false self image of intelligence..can ya understand that reece?...I know it may be a lil over your comprehension level..so STFU and get out of my face!

Chad...no matter what happens..again I congrat BOTH our well playing and deserving teams, regardless of what others here read into this...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5967
I'm not talking about teams, I'm talking about people! You bash ANYONE who doesn't agree with your very biased opinion. Grow up and understand that other people can have opinions too and yours is NOT almighty.

Winning and getting to the finals is great, but they should have done it more convincingly if they as good as you make them out to be. Stop harassing 20 year olds and just let the finals play out. We won't know who the best team in the league is until they are over, despite what you believe.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15809
Focking biased hypercrite!...so if someone older than U defends themselves and points out your flaws, then they are HARASSING U, since U are only 20...

but if another, same age does it, then its a "debate", or difference of opinion...U're a real jerk off!...

BTW...U must be a focking psychic too, cause I never said the Celtics were the best...I believe the word I used was "deserving"...

Did your momma always shelter U, and pay someone to pass U along in HS?...cause U no comprende English, and use words that are not relative to what was stated!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5971
More personal attacks? That's shocking. You would think an older, respectful person wouldn't stoop so low.

Every time someone disagrees with you about the Celtics you pounce on them with personal attacks. No one in this thread is underrating the Celtics, you are just VASTLY overrating them. THEY HAVE ONE ROAD VICTORY DURING THE ENTIRE PLAYOFFS! Get the big 3's set of balls out of your mouth and embrace some other people's opinions on the subject instead of just trying to drill your opinions into everyones head by verbally harassing them.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3238
LK when have I "bashed" you? Other than the one rude comment i made which i promptly apologized for. In my original post that started this little avalanche, I asked you a few serious questions that I really wanted answers to. Maybe you assume there is some sort of tone of voice that really isn't there because they were genuine questions.

I was trying to get to the bottom of something that you still haven't responded to so i'll try one last time.

It seems to me that any time anyone is critical of the Red Sox, Celtics, or Patriots, you refuse to just respect their opinion and instead accuse them of being "bashers" and "haters".

What's the deal with that? I'll even give you choices if it's not clear what i'm asking (not trying to sound condescending, but clearly there is some confusion here)...

A. You think we aren't being constructive, rational, and un-biased, which makes us "bashers" instead of people with innocent, thought-out opinions.

B. You're just trying to have a little fun and get a rise out of us.

C. You don't really follow sports that closely, so you resort to making general statements about "celtic green" and "bashers" instead of getting specific about WHY you disagree.

D. Other. Please explain.

E. Stfu and leave me alone.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15810
Please show me where I disrepected someone here for not being a Celtic fan?...I simply stated

U said the Celtics wouldn't beat

Hawks
Cavs
Pistons

and now I'm sure ya say the same about the Lakers..

Well bring it on!...and start backtracking about all your previous Celtic negative posts, and PLEASE keep bashing the Celtics, it makes em win more!

At least the Celtics deserve to be there..and just way under-rated by U naysayers all along...

I give credit and respect to the Lakers too, they deserve it too, and will be a strong worthy opponent...no shame for any 2 teams that make it this far, no matter what the outcome!

BTW...that above statement was intended NOT at any 1 particular individual...

What I see throughout this thread is my opinions of the celtic players , the officiating being poor but equitable, and your knocking and disecting EVERY word I say about them..and i never saw U ask me an honest question ever until now!

and the only person I bashed was Reece, when he said Fock the Celtics, in his normal cocky condescending way!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15811
BTW...this is suppose to be about basketball...NOT, who said what and why!

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4428
go celts is all i have to say i love boston sports amazing best sport city in the america

LA will be a tough opponent anything can happen but my respect to them kobe is a great player but you need more than one to win which they have but how will they perform is the question and how will the celtics perform who knows lol

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21034
whatever the outcome is one thing is for certain. thats both teams deserve to be here.

i wish it would start earlier though. i am getting tired of watching the 1980s finals between the 2 teams on nba tv. all weekend they were showing the 84, 85, and the 87 finals. although, i enjoyed watching the 85 and 87 finals but not the 84 finals. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5974
Ehren says:

"LK have you considered that maybe some people have watched the games and in their educated, un-biased opinion think the Celtics just aren't that good?

Or do you just assume that anyone who's critical of them must have some sort of grudge against them?

I'm not a Lakers fan, i've never lived in the area, don't know anyone who does. And I think the Lakers are going to beat the Celtics. So will you give me credit for a good prediction if they win?"

YOU SAY:

"Tim aka project ...your prediction with such strong 50/50 odds against ya...is quite impressive...keep up the good work!

BTW...ya really think , some people just dislike the celtics?...honestly?...Geez that freshman college program is really educating ya!...LMAO...must be the philosophy or psych 101 class, thats making ya so smart!

Also...yeah I must have a 'grudge", cause I simply pointed out that many people with BIG mouths and so knowledgeable with B Ball and the celtics, were 100% WRONG and understimated the celtics for 3 playoff series...geez U get smarter with every sentence...must be that great college education, ya are getting!...Grudge must have been my reason to like a team and point out others bashings of it..Tim, I can't belive U are so intelligent!...LMAO

Since U feel so intelligent and educated to totally and ignorantly twist my post to meet your ego and bashing appetite, I can only accept your posts as for "humor only"...if ya got an ego need to be right, then be right about something, before ya try and look like a hero...and if ya got a need to bash someone, try an enemy!

Chad, so what if others hate the LAKERS...what matters if that U like them!...HERE ON THE EAST COAST AND IN NEW ENGLAND, WE RESPECT THEM..its an old respectful rivalry...we have no need to bash em, they are a worthy team and another great organization...Of course I'll be pulling for the Celtics, but I ignore all the haters...cause all losers hate winners!"

and

"o put down the crack pipe and brush up on your college English comprehension..and quit writing like your some journalist for the AP!...I'm not impressed!...maybe others are, but not me... "

and when I said this:

"LK. Why do you feel the need to bash everyone who has their own opinion? Just because they don't feel how you do doesn't mean their wrong. Let other people have their opinions. You're not always right you know.

Boston should have won 4-0 against the Hawks and if they are so good they should have put away the Cavs in 5 or 6 games. No one is saying the Celts aren't good. I'm simply stating that with the amount of talent they have on their squad they should play better. Maybe they just need to get their heads out of their a55 and you should follow suit you old bully."

you said:

"Focking biased hypercrite!...so if someone older than U defends themselves and points out your flaws, then they are HARASSING U, since U are only 20...

but if another, same age does it, then its a "debate", or difference of opinion...U're a real jerk off!...

BTW...U must be a focking psychic too, cause I never said the Celtics were the best...I believe the word I used was "deserving"...

Did your momma always shelter U, and pay someone to pass U along in HS?...cause U no comprende English, and use words that are not relative to what was stated!"

Need more examples? I have more of this thread and the archives to go through. Let it go and start respecting other opinions. People are allowed to say what they want regardless of whether you think it is wrong, cocky, bashing, or anything else. Just stop talking sh1t to everyone.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15812
Reece...U stop stirring the pot and LET IT GO!

U're an azzhole, what more can I say...I don't like ya and don't have to like ya!....your 20 yr old ego needs to much stroking, pampering , and coddling for me..

case closed...LET IT GO!

But I still, will tell ya that , if in Atlanta and want to see the Braves up close, then contact my bud, as I offered and explained to ya earlier.. and I'm in/out of Marietta myself alot, at Dobbins and Lockheed, so can possibly leave ya some tickets someplace..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5977
I don't have a problem with you, LK. I dropped any issue I had with you a long time ago. I just think you should open your mind to some other peoples opinions no matter how little you like them.

But yeah, I would actually like to meet you among many other people on this forum that seem to have problems with me. I think you would see I'm an intelligent, respectful young man. Very opinionated and maybe a little abrasive to quote Ehren, but also someone whose company you could enjoy. Next time you plan on going to Marietta this summer (if you are) I would be happy to take a trip, catch a game, and drink a couple of cold brews.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5978
And I know I'm an a55hole. I blame it on my dad, haha.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4044
6:53 is the best post I have ever seen Reece make, and I am not doubting any of it. Like I told him a long time ago, never type anything to anyone that you wouldn't say to their face. That post was a refreshing change of pace from his usual dogmatic assertions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us