Baseball 2008 is here..

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14592
Here's why the Yankees SUCK...(borrowed from zulu)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYJJ-4C1xw8

and heres your 2007 World Series Champions again... and most likely 2008 WS Champs ..

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 523
haha great video...yanks is going to love it

but im going to have to say the tigers are going to be the WS champs

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14843
Let the 2008 games begin...

Dice K starting against Oakland in JAPAN

TOKYO -- Of all the rituals that ravenous Red Sox fans have had for Opening Day over the years, one that has never occurred is setting alarm clocks to celebrate the event.
In an opener like none other in the storied history of the club, that is exactly what will happen when the defending World Series champions formally kick off their title defense under the roof of Tokyo Dome against the Oakland Athletics.

Though Tuesday's game (25 March 2008) is a standard night game for the fans of Japan, it will start at 6:05 a.m. ET for those watching on television back in New England or on MLB.TV.

Ratings don't figure to be an issue.

"We know they'll be watching. They always do," said Red Sox manager Terry Francona. "The game could be played in the middle of the night. They don't care. They want to watch the Red Sox. We're used to that. We have the most passionate fans in the world."

It's just that such passion has seldom had to be exuded over coffee and donuts.

In their two exhibition games in Tokyo, the Red Sox did their best to get accustomed to the time change.

"I was a little tired [Sunday] night," said Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia. "It finally got me in the ninth inning. I was ready for bed. But we've got to find a way to do something. I don't know, maybe we'll drink more Red Bulls in the seventh inning. We'll be fine."

In fact, Pedroia will be the man who takes the first at-bat of the 2008 Major League season. He'll be followed in the lineup by Kevin Youkilis, David Ortiz, Manny Ramirez, Mike Lowell, J.D. Drew, Jason Varitek, Jacoby Ellsbury and Julio Lugo. And the Game 1 pitcher will be no stranger to Japanese fans: Daisuke Matsuzaka.

This is an exciting period in Red Sox history, as the club aims for its third championship in five years.

"We talked to our team [Monday]," said Francona. "We always do before the first game. We talked to them about how people seem to care about the Red Sox and why they care. We need to always take care of our business on the field. That's part of probably the biggest reason people do like the Red Sox. Sure, we have popular players, guys like Ortiz and Manny, [Jonathan] Papelbon, Dice-K. But we take care of business on the field, and that's what is ultimately most important."

The Red Sox have had a few days to enjoy the sights and sounds of Tokyo.

"It's a great city. I love it," said Ramirez. "This is my third time here. This is nothing new to me. I've been around."

Rest assured that Ramirez has had his share of sushi.

"I love it," Ramirez said. "It's great, everything is fresh, man."

And now, it's time for a fresh season.

"I'm excited. I can't wait for these games to start," Pedroia said. "Spring Training, I know was short, but it seemed long. I'm waiting for tomorrow. I'm sure everybody is excited and ready to go."

"Most guys just want to get back into playing baseball," said Sox third baseman Mike Lowell. "I think guys have been looking forward to it. This is going to feel like a different Opening Day, that's for sure. I kind of want to get to it."

The same can be said for Sox fans, who can literally start their Tuesday by watching their team play a meaningful game for the first time since October.

Upload

Upload

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19562
LK its a new season so can we look forward to some new pics? lol.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2347
ohh josh beckettt .... the guy has one good year and all of a sudden is the g0d damn savior to major league baseball cmon man ... the dude has never had a good regular season in his entire career ... ill give him credit where its due .. great season last year and a very successful post season pitcher .. other then that he has been nothing but an average pitcher ... ur prolly saying ohh but he won 20 games in the AL thats saying something ... what about esteban loiaza ... he won 20 games .. hes a nobody ... if he has another dominating year then beckett will shut up alot of critics .. but if he repeats like his first year for the sox ... ahem 36 homeruns ahem ahem and giving up almost a hit an inning ... hell be booed out of beantown

lowell is as solid as they come at first ... and the short porch in right is prolonging his career ... in a normal field hed have 18 home runs and half the doubles ...

lugo sucks .. plain and simple ... occasional spark on both sides of the ball but other then that hes a below average SS...

ellsbury is should be good ..but no one knows until the first month of the season

jd drew is overrated always has been always will be... stepped in the postseason but geez he blew during the reg season ..

pedoria is growing as a player and should signs of life ...

manny and ortiz will do their thing ...

wakefield lost his catcher so hes screwed

buckholz is solid .. and will be so is lester

youk is a pu$$y ... aww u threw at me .. big facking woop bro .. grow the he11 up ... play the game .. good first base man glove wise ... but cmon man a 280 hitter at best ... occasional pop ... nothing more then average at the dish ...

theyll be solid like they always are but i dont think ne one is going to beat the tigers if they can mesh well

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The poster formerly kn...

Post Number: 3003
i'll stick to the "told you so yanks" thread for baseball talk...unless LK starts spamming that one with annoying Red Sox sh!t too, in which case we'll have to keep making new baseball threads.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15254
Anyone wanna bring up the last superbowl lol?

Talk about choking.

Sorry to interject that in this baseball like thread.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3622
Well... the Sox will be solid yet again but I think people are underestimating the Yankees and Jays in that division. The Jays have top-notch starters in Roy Halladay, AJ Burnett, Dustin McGowan, Jesse Litsch and Shawn Marcum. Jeremy Accardo showed last year that he is more than up to the challenge of replacing BJ Ryan and he will be bank until BJ is ready to pitch every day. And if the offense produces like they should, with my prediction of Vernon Wells and Lyle Overbay having huge comeback seasons, the Jays should not be ruled out. The Yankees have alot of talent, and they also have a lot of young guys that could be superstars by the time this season is over. Can't rule them out and Girardi is a great manager. He did an outstanding job with the '06 Marlins which was more or less a high-end AAA team. I see these three teams battling it out all season and I doubt that more than 6-8 games separate them at the end.

In the NL I think it's all about the Mets. I hope my Padres can do well as always but our division is really tough once again. The Mets have insane pitching and one of the top infields in the game. They will be very tough if they stay healthy. I also think the Pirates and Orioles could set records for shittiness.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3004
"I also think the Pirates and Orioles could set records for shittiness."

Brad I really like the Padres this year, of course there are 4 teams that can and probably will contend in the NL West, but I like the Pads to come out on top.

Man the Mets have no excuse to NOT win the NL this year, and yet I just don't think they will. I can't put my finger on it, but the past few seasons something just hasn't been right with that teams psyche, and I haven't seen any moves that would change that. They just added more talent to an already talent-stacked team. Johan should bring stability and leadership, but will it be enough?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9010
Oh man that video is hilarious. A 2:00 minute video of why the Yankees suck? Lol. If we made one for the Red Sox, it would be 86 years long . Bunch of tards.

Anyway, to the real topic on hand. I agree with mostly of what Brad just said and everything Loudon said. Everyone seems to be writing off the Yankees all ready for this year. I mean lets be serious. If our young guns weren't ready to be playing, you would have seen the Yankees go out and make some sort of deal. Our younger guys should go out and have pretty good years. Everyone is also counting out Pettite this year cause of the whole issue with Roger but lets be serious, when was the last time this guy had a bad year? As long as Phil Hughes, Ian Kennedy, Joba, and Karstens have decent years, the Yankees will be in the running for number 27 this year. It will also be interesting to see if Joba begins to start games every so often half way through the year.

In the NL, the Mets should win hands down. I don't think Colorado will have a good year like last year. Every dog has his day. The Diamondbacks are a decent NL team and will probably compete. Same with San Diego and the Dodgers, who actually could compete for the best team in the NL. Joe Torre knows how to win and he has some decent players out there.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14850
Nobody is writing off the Yankees...They will contend with the Red Sox, as will possibly the Tigers in the AL..

as we all know, baseball all comes down to PITCHING!...whatever team stays the healthiest, and steps it up a notch will be there in the end!...and of course, lady luck always plays a little factor..

see ya in October!

Upload

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9011
I didn't mean anyone in this thread specifically. I just meant in general between casual fans, sports announcers, "experts", etc. I've heard many people say the Yankees just don't have what it takes anymore to reach the post season.

Should turn out to be a fun year as always.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2350
karstens isnt going to be in the rotation ... ull see igawa up there before him .. hate to say it ...

but the yanks have SOOO much talent in the farm system in ridiculous ...

Austin Jackson
Jose Tabata
Brett Gardner
Jesus Montero
Fransisco Cervelli
Alberto Gonzalez

thats just position players

Alan Horne
Dellin Betances
Mark Melancon
Kevin Whalen
JB Cox
Ryan Pope

the list goes on bro

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14860
Red Sox to a 6-5, 10-inning victory over the A's on Tuesday play on Opening Day

TOKYO -- The 24-year-old outfield prospect from Loganville, Ga., had to travel all the way to the Far East to club his first Major League homer. However, the timing was nothing short of perfect and the hit was the definition of clutch.
In fact, it was downright storybook stuff. Brandon Moss -- who wound up propelling the Red Sox to a 6-5, 10-inning victory over the A's on Tuesday -- wasn't even supposed to play on Opening Day. But when J.D. Drew came down with lower back tightness in the hours leading up to the game, Red Sox manager Terry Francona turned to Moss.

The kid responded with one out in the top of the ninth inning, bashing a 2-2 changeup from Athletics closer Huston Street over the right-field wall to tie the game at 4. Moss became the first Boston player since Ben Steiner in 1945 to hit his first Major League homer on Opening Day.

"I felt great, especially since it was my first home run," said Moss. "It felt great. That's something you dream of, hitting a game-tying home run in the ninth inning."

And Manny Ramirez, who has had countless big hits in his impressive career, added another, lacing a two-out, two-run double to right-center in the top of the 10th to put the Sox in front for good.

While Moss was the definition of a surprise hero, Manny was just being Manny. He drove in four in the contest and took home the hero of the game check for $10,000, which translated into one million yen.

"That's going to be some gas money. I love it," said Ramirez.

Without the equalizer by Moss, Boston would have been out of fuel before Ramirez got chance.

"That was a big lift for our team," said Francona. "You can't really script that. It certainly played a big part in our win."

Ramirez was every bit as big. With a runner on second and two outs in the 10th, A's manager Bob Geren had the unenviable choice of picking his poison. He walked David Ortiz intentionally and Ramirez made that decision backfire, rifling a double high off the wall.

It was a wild first international opener for the Red Sox. Daisuke Matsuzaka took a no-decision in his homecoming, giving up two hits and two runs, but walking five and striking out six over five laborious (95 pitches) innings. Hideki Okajima thrilled his fans by earning the win. In fact, he became the first Japanese pitcher to win a Major League game played in Japan. Jonathan Papelbon hung on for an adventurous save.

Complete coverage >
It was a rough night for Street, who suffered the dreaded closer combo of a blown save and a loss.

"The inning before that, I told Alex Cora, 'Man, I want to face that guy.' And I did," said Ramirez.

Why would Ramirez have such an urge to face an established closer?

"That's my mentality," Ramirez said. "Every time I go to the plate, I want to face anyone that's there."

Ramirez had also been heard from earlier in the game, slamming a two-run double to left in the sixth that tied the game at 2. Moss also came up big in that sixth, roping a two-out RBI single against Oakland starter Joe Blanton that gave the Sox their first lead of the night.

First career homer outside U.S. or Canada
Brandon Moss is the fifth player in Major League history to hit his first regular-season home run in a game outside Canada or the United States.

First homer on Opening Day
Moss is the 10th Boston player to hit his first homer as a Red Sox in a season opener.
}

But that bit of hitting heroics was offset when Oakland's Jack Hannahan belted a two-run homer to right against Kyle Snyder with nobody out in the bottom of the sixth.

Former Sox relievers Alan Embree and Keith Foulke held that slight 4-3 lead for Oakland and presented the save opportunity for Street, but Moss ruined that bid.

"He had made me look really bad on the changeup before," said Moss. "I was way out in front. Once I got back to 2-2, I thought, 'He's probably going to throw that changeup right here because I missed it two pitches ago.' I just tried to see it up and wait back a little longer."

Moss didn't learn he was playing until just before pregame introductions.

"[I found out] three to four minutes before they announced the lineups," said Moss. "Maybe even less than that. It was right before. I didn't have much time to feel anything. I was like, 'OK, when do I run out?'"

In an instant, Moss had to shift from spectator mode to starting mode.

"I was shocked," said Moss. "I saw J.D.'s BP and he looked great. I didn't know anything was going on. I was just sitting there talking. They were like, 'You might be starting.' I was like 'Oh, OK.'"

The story coming into the game was the celebrated return of Matsuzaka to his native land. But the Boston right-hander certainly didn't look like he was enjoying the comforts of being back at Tokyo Dome in his first couple of innings. In fact, the A's worked him for 30 pitches in the first. Mark Ellis, Oakland's No. 2 hitter, belted a solo homer to left-center to make it 1-0. Thanks to two walks and a hit batter, Matsuzaka put himself in position to surrender another run on Bobby Crosby's fielder's-choice grounder.

An inning later, Matsuzaka again was a bit of a mess, giving up a single and two walks to load the bases with two outs. But he made the pitch he needed to, striking out Jack Cust to get out of it unscathed.

"I didn't feel that anxious in the early part of the game, but I think I was a little bit overly cautious because of my tendency to start slow," said Matsuzaka. "From my next start on, I'd like to be a little bit more assertive in the early innings."

As for this game, all the asserting was done by the M&M boys -- Moss and Manny.

"Hey, he's a professional hitter," Ramirez said of Moss. "That's why he's here."

But it took a twist of fate -- or better yet, an untimely tweak of Drew's back -- to get Moss into the role of co-star.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 3008
That was a cool game, i actually woke up before my alarm for work this morning so i had time to catch the end. It's really starting to p!ss me off though that Manram stands at the plate every time he hits one that MIGHT be a bomb. That clutch double he hit could've been a disaster, but he was lucky. One of these times he's gonna get thrown out or something in a clutch situation for goofing around like that.

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 859
CLEVELAND!

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9039
1-1 start for the Sox

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14882
What are the top storylines of 2008?

No shortage of drama with new season on the horizon..By Jim Molony / MLB.com

Spring has officially arrived, and not a moment too soon.
After a winter of record snowfall, the Mitchell Report and Congressional hearings, at times it was easy to overlook so many other offseason events.

Like dealing aces. Johan Santana was traded by Minnesota to the Mets, Oakland sent Dan Haren to the Diamondbacks and Baltimore dealt Erik Bedard to the Mariners.

The Tigers beefed up an already formidable lineup by adding Miguel Cabrera and Edgar Renteria. The Braves welcomed back Tom Glavine.

Baseball made all kinds of headlines this winter, but now it is time for the season to start. Warmer weather has returned (in most cities) and baseball beckons. Time for the games, and time for a new batch of storylines.

Here are 10 to keep an eye on in 2008:

1. It could be, it might be ... it is! Well, we'll see.

A century has passed since their last World Series title, but the Cubs have significant reasons to be optimistic this year.

The defending National League Central Division champions have added outfielder Kosuke Fukudome to what was already a good offense. The Cubs should be stronger than the team that won 85 games last year and, if they are able to come up with a suitable leadoff man (perhaps Brian Roberts?), even stronger. In any case, the Cubs have the talent to go a long way in 2008.

Lou Piniella's team has pitching depth, a solid lineup and a bullpen with fewer question marks than most NL teams. It is easy to see why many observers have picked the Cubs to repeat as division champions. And why it could be their year.

2. Red Sox eye repeat: The Red Sox have a shot at winning a third World Series title in five years, which would cement their case to be crowned team of the decade. It certainly won't be easy.

Curt Schilling is on the mend, Detroit's on the rise, and the Yankees are still the Yankees. The Indians, Angels, Mariners and Blue Jays could prove to be legitimate stumbling blocks. And there hasn't been a repeat winner of the World Series since the Yankees won three in a row from 1998-2000.

3. Motor City roar: What can you say about a lineup that finished third in baseball in runs scored last year, then added Miguel Cabrera, Edgar Renteria and Jacque Jones? How about: "Look out!"

The Tigers didn't stop there. Dave Dombrowski also added left-hander Dontrelle Willis, who came over from Florida with Cabrera, giving the Tigers one of the best rotations in baseball and a powerhouse team that should attract plenty of attention in the coming season.

OK, so they won't start the season with Fernando Rodney and Joel Zumaya. There's ample evidence to think the Tigers might win their second pennant in the three years in 2008.

4. Start spreading the news: The New York teams are seldom far from mind, and as the 2008 season will be the last for the two New York stadia, Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium, there will be added attention on the Big Apple this season.

Yankee Stadium will be the site of this year's All-Star Game and perhaps some playoff games. After that it will be replaced, so this is the final chance fans will have to say good bye to the "House That Ruth Built."

5. Santana, Martinez and the Mets: Johan Santana joins Pedro Martinez as the Mets try to put last season's fade behind them and reclaim the NL East title won by Philadelphia last year.

Getting the Big Two makes the Mets the favorites in many observers minds. With Santana and Martinez -- and a talented roster that includes All-Stars like Carlos Beltran, Jose Reyes, David Wright and Billy Wagner -- the Mets will be expected to win in 2008. If they don't, there will be repercussions.

6. Milestone watch: Cincinnati's Ken Griffey Jr. is just seven home runs shy of career homer No. 600, while Boston's Manny Ramirez and Detroit's Gary Sheffield should reach 500 this season. Meanwhile, Arizona left-hander Randy Johnson, his back problems behind him, can reach 300 career wins if he can notch 16 this season.

7. The wild NL West: Colorado and Arizona, two NL West teams that played for the NL pennant last season, might be even better. The Los Angeles Dodgers, with new manager Joe Torre, and San Diego, which came within three outs of making the playoffs last year, should also be improved. With perhaps four playoff-caliber teams, the NL West should see another down-to-the-wire race in 2008.

8. Rays ready to rise: They haven't sniffed a winning season in the 10 years they've been in existence and the closest they came was a 70-win season and fourth place finish in 2004. But the Tampa Bay Rays have a lot of people talking.

With rising young stars like Carl Crawford, Scott Kazmir, James Shields, Carlos Pena and B.J. Upton the Rays have laid the foundation for what should be the franchise's best team yet. At the very least it should be a club capable of reaching .500 for the first time.

9. The top-heavy AL West: The Angels, with Torii Hunter and Vladimir Guerrero, and the Mariners, with Felix Hernandez and Erik Bedard anchoring a formidable rotation, are legitimate pennant contenders.

With all the attention on the Red Sox, Yankees, Tigers and Indians, don't be surprised if one of the AL West heavyweights tops all in the race to the 2008 World Series.

10. Parity plays: Milwaukee rose last year to contention in the NL Central, finishing in second place for the first time since 1992. The Mariners came in second in the AL West, their highest finish since 2001. The Indians won the AL Central last year, their first playoff appearance since 2001.

Two years ago, Toronto finished second, the Blue Jays' best finish since winning the World Series in 1993. Injuries slowed Toronto's rise last year, but the Blue Jays have the team to make a playoff run in 2008.

Last year, 15 teams -- half of MLB's 30 teams -- were within six games of a playoff spot as late as Sept. 15.

Tighter pennant races and shorter deficits between first place and contenders have been the rule in recent years. Of course the Wild Card is a key factor, but parity has also played a part in leveling the playing field.

Last year, the Rockies and Diamondbacks played in the NLCS, just one year after both had finished tied for last place in the NL West, 10 games under .500.

Which team(s) will surprise in 2008?

As recent history has shown, just about anything is possible.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 4851
The NL will be a race between the Mets and the Braves, IMO. I think the Braves will surprise a lot of people.

As for the Sox. Harden > Boston.

Stop posting long articles that no one gives a sh!t about. Just post a link.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14898
I'll post anyway I want...if U don't want to take 1 minute to read it...then don't!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4863
Believe me, I don't. You are just cluttering the thread for no reason. If I want to waste a minute of my time to read the mundane articles you post I would click a link to do so.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2355
personally i saw nothing positive about these 2 games... with the sox

manny hit a homer anddd struck out 3 times

light hitting capt varitek struck out 3 times

coco crispies whiffed struck out twice

and that big poopie has yet to reach 1st base on a hit

and that young outfielder moss had a good game and then struck out 3 times

harden dominated them ... end of story

ohh and i know im gonna hear its the 2nd game of the year blah blah blah ..

they sucked in tokyo admit it

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14908
I love it when people bash the Red Sox...and then they go on to win the World Series!

It shows a great knowledge of the game and the team...LMAO

Gold Member

Post Number: 2356
who are you g0d damn dick vitale of baseball ...

your just pissed offcuz ur red sox sucked d1ck

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15112
Standings...Both leagues and all divisions..

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/index.jsp

Sox currently on top with yanks close behind..

While Sox have yet to play a home game and with 3 more road games scheduled, before they play at home next Tuesday..they have done well all considered, with playing in Japan, Oakland and alot of traveling the world.

They will begin a a 6 game homestand Tuesday, culminating in a 3 game series NEXT weekend against the Yanks..

Let the fun begin!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15146
Red Sox lose at Toronto..6-3

Yankees get clobbered at home by Tampa 13-4..

Tigers at bottom of their division at 0-4, yet to win a game in 2008

Platinum Member

Post Number: 5190
Yankees lose 6-3 against Tampa Bay.

Red C0cks get CLOBBERED 10-4 against Toronto.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15168
Tampa shoots to First place!...WOWSA!...gotta be a first in history..LOL...Go Tampa!

Tampa beats Yanks again 6-3

Sox get hammered by Toronto 10-2

Detroit (Willis pitching) have slim 1-0 lead in 4th inning over White Sox

Platinum Member

Post Number: 5193
^I literally just said that...

Dontrelle Willis sucks.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15174
Reece...your post wasn't here when I began my post...obviously we were posting at same time..I have no need to intentionally repeat whatever u say..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 5201
That can be blamed on ecoustics I suppose.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 5219
Braves win, defeating the Holy Mets and sweep the shortened series!

Yankees bust out of their funk to beat the D-Rays.

Bo C*cks lose again. Toronto has their number.

I'm looking forward to Detroit's 0-5 start.

GO BRAVES!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15224
Reece, if U're a fan of the Braves and live in Atlanta, U can contact a friend of mine, Danny Altman, who works for the Braves for years now...just tell him a guy from Westover and neighbor on Pembroke, who was very close to his dad, and arranged all his funeral arrangements and executed his last wishes with the military flyover etc , and helped his mom and all the family, says hello...he will know who I am, and will hook ya up with some Braves tickets or whatever, I'm sure..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 5227
I'm actually from Tennessee, but if I'm ever in Atlanta I'll look him up. Thanks.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15761
My brother lives in Marietta GA. He loooves the Braves.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15229
I myself have been to Marietta many many times..Dobbins AFB, and Lockheed Martin..conducting many various inspections, teaching classes, guest speaking at seminars and conferences etc..honestly, I never liked it!...too populated, congested and just not my kinda town..I prefer the quietness on a beach, the Gulf of Mexico, or the mountains of New England...I still go to Marietta once a year or so on some business and see old friends at same time..

Anyways, if anybody is in Marietta and/or Atlanta area, hook up with Danny, if U are a Braves fan..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5276
Yanks about to get swept by THE ROYALS?!

Sox not playing well at all.

The Rockies dominated my Braves last night... :-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15365
Red Sox 4, Yankees 3

Upload

Upload

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9242
Chien Ming crapped on the Sox last night.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15368
That is true...Season is early, and neither team has played great...but the Sox have been in 3 countries and have had a really extensive long road trip start that took its toll on the team, as everyone expected!..and have played less home games than the Yanks and have still played as well as the yanks..

BTW , I loved how Papelbon blew Arod away in the 8th...lol...No team can match the Beckett- Papelbon combo..

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9245
I was hoping they would let Arod and Papelgone face each other in the rain. If I remember correctly, last season (may have even been in April) they faced in the top of the ninth in the rain in Boston and Arod crushed one which turned out to be the game winner.

I must agree though, both teams have been disappointing so far. Plenty of games left

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3749
Should be another good one tonight with Phil Hughes going up against Dice-K. The Yankees seem to be ready to explode any time now, and I predict Dice-K gets hit pretty hard. The green monster should see plenty of action.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15378
When these 2 teams play U may as well predict who's gonna post next..anything can happen..thats what makes baseball so great!

Personally I beleive the Sox have the advantage with Dice K and home field..but we shall see..

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9251
Reports of Jorge and Jeter coming back tomorrow (Monday). Be nice to have those 2 back. Should be a good game tonight. See if Phil can have a solid outing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5317
jorge played last night yanks. hes not an exceptional defensive catcher anyways, its almost better to have him DHing. he allowed over 100 steals on him last year (i know its on the pitcher too) but he also allowed a quite a few past balls.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9253
I know he played Reece. I was talking about being back and playing D. As for not being that good defensively, hes still a great catcher. No way around it. One of the best in the league.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5322
offensively, yes. defensively, it can definately be argued. molina already fucked up once this game though.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9259
That throw was terrible.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 5327
yeah.. it was pretty bad, haha. hughes is getting shelled..

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3073
Dice K and Big Papi are on my fantasy team, so GO SOX!! Although I had to bench that HACK David Ortiz for now...

Speaking of fantasy baseball check out my and Reece's FLUKE of a matchup where Reece's batting lineup of nobodies is having the week of their life. See you later in the season Brassler, i'm not through with you.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9262
Papi sat out tonight Pit. He has a sweet batting average of about .080 lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5331
are you serious ehren? a team of no names? lmao. you're getting the righteous azz-whooping you deserve, punk!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15949
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-bondsbaseball&prov=ap&type=lgns

Is it worth it? Big debate.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3074
lol i've had such a bad weekend i don't have the strength to argue with you Reece. In all seriousness i've been checking my team every day this past week and have been getting genuinely angry that i'm losing so badly. I can accept defeat, but you beating me 12-1 is NOT an accurate depiction of the strength of our teams. After todays stats are added, if i don't pass you in at least 2 categories, i'm going to punch you in the trachea.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5336
Its alright Ehren. It happened to Chad last week too.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15380
"trachea"?...OK..never heard those fightin words...LMAO...that was a good one...funny!

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4249
posada is getting old. He was a great catcher a couple years ago but hes just to old time to retire now. He could ahve thrown out crisp last night but diodnt even make the throw because he didnt want to hurt his arm. Thats a sign of age. I know it was cold out but still your getting payed a lot of money make the throw

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9271
Don't forget the guy batted .338 last year though

Gold Member

Post Number: 5347
i will go on a limb and say that was a fluke yanks. he had a career year in basically every offensive category at well over 30. im surprised he wasn't in the mitchell report.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9279
Thats a low blow Reece lol. No chance Jorge took 'roids.

We'll see what he can do this year.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5350
haha, that wasn't a low blow. its the EXACT same thing that happened to brady anderson when he hit 45 homers a few years back.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15423
American League East Division

Team W L Pct GB Home Road L10 Strk Elim #
Red Sox 12 7 .632 - 6-2 6-5 8-2 W3 -
Orioles 11 7 .611 ½ 9-3 2-4 5-5 W3 144
Blue Jays 9 9 .500 2 ½ 4-6 5-3 5-5 W1 142
Yankees 9 10 .474 3 5-4 4-6 5-5 L3 141
Rays 8 10 .444 3 ½ 4-6 4-4 5-5 W1 141

Sox lead the division, Orioles .5 back, Jays 2.5 back, and Yanks 3 back, Rays 3.5 back..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15634
2008 American League - Standings
EAST W L PCT GB HOME ROAD RS RA STRK L10
Boston 23 14 .622 - 14-5 9-9 187 157 Won 1 8-2
Tampa Bay 18 16 .529 3.5 10-7 8-9 159 150 Won 1 5-5
NY Yankees 18 18 .500 4.5 9-9 9-9 157 156 Won 1 5-5
Baltimore 17 18 .486 5 10-6 7-12 140 151 Won 1 3-7
Toronto 17 19 .472 5.5 10-9 7-10 144 132 Lost 1 6-4

Eed Sox lead the divison over Tampa by 3.5 and Yankees by 4.5 games!

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 5800
Well my boys I told everyone to look out for in Arizona have the best record in baseball and the best pitcher in baseball.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15746
LESTER THROWS NO-HITTER AT FENWAY

There was never a question about Jon Lester's poise or his promising arsenal of pitches. It's just that he never put it all together quite like Monday night, when he thrilled the Fenway Park faithful -- not to mention his teammates -- by throwing a no-hitter against the Kansas City Royals.

The Boston lefty was magnificent, walking just two batters while leading the Red Sox to a 7-0 victory over the Royals.

Instead of tiring, Lester only got stronger as the night wore on. Over the final five innings, it seemed the Royals were struggling just to make solid contact.

Not only was this Lester's first no-hitter, but it was also his first complete game.

And it was the second no-hitter in as many seasons for the Sox. Clay Buchholz, a product of the Red Sox's farm system just like Lester, did the honors last Sept. 1 against the Orioles.

The Red Sox have had four no-hitters in the 21st century. Hideo Nomo threw one at Baltimore in 2001 and Derek Lowe no-hit the Tampa Bay Rays in '02. Of those four no-hitters, only Nomo's took place away from Fenway Park.

Upload

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 20867
LESTER Upload

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3627
I just knew when I opened this thread that there was gonna be an article posted by LK about Lester.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15747
and your point being?

1...U are a psychic
2...U took a wild azz guess and got lucky
3...U know I like the Red Sox
4...A no hitter is worthy of posting
5...U resemble a Monday morning quarterback

This is a test, U have 60 minutes to finish...

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3629
1. Acually, yes I am. Ever since I was little I would dream or think about something and it would happen.

2. See answer #1

3. You like the Red Sox?

4. Yes, a no hitter is definitely worth posting. But can we have something more than an article that we can read anywhere?

5. Yes I do! My stubble is irritating me but "my shavin razors cold and it stings".

I aced it!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5896
surprise surprise. lester got lucky.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15748
Naledge...Next time don't study so hard...LOL

BTW...answer to your #3...does a bear shi*t in the woods?

Reece ...ANYBODY who EVER pitches a no-no..has to have some luck!..and it couldn't have happenned to a nicer more deserving guy!,.. especially coming back from cancer!....how about U being POSITIVE to someone for a change.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5901
no, i'm happy for lester. i just dont like the sox.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15749
surprise surprise. lester got lucky.

U NEVER mentioned the Sox!...your obvious intentions were to belittle Lester!....but ya got a case of guilt and self preservance, when ya heard cancer, U knew U had to do a little HS sidestep...I wasn't born yesterday!..and BTW...again U still had to say something NEGATIVE, about NOT liking the Sox , which had nothing to do with your previous comment..why not try and get along and quick being so negative about everybody and so contradictory and argumentative , jusr for the sake of it...and I'm sure U have heard this same thing from all yours buds and family, many times..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us