New nba rule

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20086
the new rule is you have to be 20 years old to get in to the nba. its bad enough they made kids go to college for one year by making it 19, now its 20 years old.

look at the top players in the nba. they all went straight to the nba from high school.

kobe bryant
lebron james
amare stoudimire
kevin garnett
dwight howard
andrew bynum

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3706
I think it's a good rule. Almost all of those guys has had issues along the way. They may be physically ready for the NBA but history has shown that most are not mentally ready for the money and fame.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15782
"I think it's a good rule. Almost all of those guys has had issues along the way. They may be physically ready for the NBA but history has shown that most are not mentally ready for the money and fame."

That's true for just about half of most pro sports players now.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5242
Chad, look at all the kids going top 10 who fail. it greatly exceeds the number of successes. See Kwame Brown, Johnathan Bender, Sebatian Telfair, etc...

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3183
I think it's a terrible rule. As much as we'd like to help these kids make the right decisions in life, it is not our place, nor the NBA's place, to dictate the important life decisions they make. They are adults and those decisions should be up to them and their loved ones.

College isn't for everyone, and that's not a horrible thing. If someone wants to learn a family trade or get a blue collar job right out of highschool, more power to them. I see nothing wrong with someone deciding to forego college and work their as$ off as a construction worker or something to make a decent living if that's what makes them happy. And I see the NBA situation as no different.

Most of all it sickens me that they are forced to go to college first where they aren't being payed, and are punished if they do accept payments/benefits etc., despite the fact that rich snobs are making loads of cash off of them.

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 620
i am not for the rule. everyone needs to make their own decisions.

most players do need to mature, but if someone can play ball then why hold them back?

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15693
I agree 100% with Pitbull..

NBA is a JOB, thats all it is!..no differnt than any other as far as the player and family doing what they want and is best for the individual..

we all know college is USUALLY best for MOST, but not for ALL!...thats a personal individual decision...and maturity comes in time, NOT in college!...college definitely doesn't have that course!...but TIME does!...a little (OJT) on the job training, never hurt anybody!

people need to quit coddling these sports players and look at them like responsible adults, if they're 18 and over!..

again if ya can vote for President of the United States of America, and be in the military and die in foreign wars... then ya should be able to play B ball in the NBA!...The GOV thinks you're responsible, why shouldn't the NBA!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us