The Beginning Of The End

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3798
Newspapers will be a thing of the past in a few years, and they should be. There is no need to waste all the trees that are used in them. When I was younger and there was no internet, I would read the sports page and local news every single day. But now with the net, I can get sports and other news from so many different angles. And it is much easier to read. In March 2007, the paper reported a circulation of roughly 1,120,420 copies on weekdays and 1,627,062 copies on Sundays. That is a LOT of trees. Online subscriptions are the way to go. The New York Times puts a liberal slant on most of their articles, yet they are allowed to state them as facts without anyone questioning them. They have falsely (depending on your outlook) swayed many elections and other votes. I say good riddance.

http://www.observer.com/2008/times-we-expect-layoffs

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16034
Then what would ppl with birds line their cages with Brad lol?

The other thing the net is hurting is the USPS. Nothing cheaper or quicker than a fax.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3800
That's not true Paul. Commercial mailings, bills, cards and advertisements, aka junk mail, are at an all time high. And the loss of personal letters has been more than made up by people ordering things off of the internet and sending boxes and mailer pouches via USPS. They also still handle 46% of the world's card and letter mail volume. Their first class mail service is pretty much a monopoly. People tend to forget that the Post Office was originally meant to be a self supporting not-for-profit service to the people. Over the years it has progressed into a highly profitable organization but they still do not receive any tax dollars from the government and are solely funded by postage and products.

First-Class Mail $37.6 billion
Business Advertising $20.8 billion
Expedited Mail $6.2 billion
Publications $2.2 billion
Package Services $2.3 billion
International Mail $2.0 billion

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16040
Then why all the postal increases? It goes up what, twice a year now?

I will see a $2 stamp in my lifetime I'm sure or it.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3801
Fuel, salary and truck purchasing/repair increases. When fuel costs increase one cent, USPS's costs increase over $8 million a year. Seeing as how gas prices have increased over a dollar lately, that comes out to almost a billion dollars. 42 cents to send a letter anywhere in the country is still one the most incredible bargains there is...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16043
Make them all walk.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15737
The way everyone is doing business nowadays, the USPS and other carriers will have the time of their life. The internet makes it easy to shop from across the country and across continents:-)

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4288
not good but oh well the end of the world is gonna be dec 31st 2012 anyways lol look it up on youtube

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6200
21st charlie

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 441
I agree...its the evolution of media.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15751
The good old Mayan calendar predicting the end of the world...or is it Aztec...I forget.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16062
I'll probably be sitting here watching it all happen lol. Beer in hand of course.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15755
I'll probably be on Ecoustics, LOL!

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3092
who cares where you'll be, it'll be an ordinary day. That end of the world sh!t is absolutely laughable....and i shall indeed laugh now,

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16076
If the end is near then I say when fishing to hell with the size restrictions and screw the limit!!!! Lolol.

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1896
I agree Paul! And we all can tear off those labels from our mattresses!

When the end of the world comes, here in Hawaii will be 2 hours behind the West Coast. So I'll be watching all of your worlds coming to an end first on satellite tv! lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16090
Oh snap! I've been tearing those damn tags off for years.

I'm going to hell.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15766
Whoah! Back it up there....we are not allowed to take those of? WTF???

Felony...misdemeanor...what...crap!

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4303
lol oops i took mine off i guess thats why the worlds gonna end god dam mattresses
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us