Mechanics ot clutch i thank

Platinum Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1977
pretty sure its the clutch.do not know how long ago it was replaced.just got the truck recently.when u get your speed to like 40 it startes makin a sound like bugs make at nite when you are in the country.little stiff to change the gears and sometimes when u press down on the clutch it pops.sounds like its coming from the pedal its self.prolly cuz the guy has a wire wrapped around the pen tho instead of the little piece that goes on the end of the pen to make it stay in place if you know what im talkin about.thank im right about the clutch being bad because its not cheap to have one put in

Platinum Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5192
do you thank or do you think?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 1978
i mean think.thats how i talk.aint ya ever heard anybody from the south talk

Platinum Member

Post Number: 5194
I'm from Knoxville, Tennessee and I don't talk/spell like I am an uneducated redneck.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 1979
well thats how the ppl here fromn the moutains talk.just how we speak here

Platinum Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6159
i dunno only clutch iv replaced was in a jeep the clutch was burnt up and slipping. dont really know what your problem even sounds like maybe try to describe it better.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 5195
I was raised in the Smoky Mountains, FYI.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 1980
im in middle tn.smokey moutains is a totallly different place

Platinum Member

Post Number: 1981
"i dunno only clutch iv replaced was in a jeep the clutch was burnt up and slipping. dont really know what your problem even sounds like maybe try to describe it better."

it makes a noise unless i press the clutch.i mean u just have to touch it enough to move it barely and it stops making the noise.i read somewhere it could be the input shaft bearing on the trannsmission if it does the noise.it sorta does sound like a wore out bearing.but from where i have no idea

Platinum Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6160
4x4?

i would try getting under it and try to pinpoint the noise

Diamond Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15182
We all would be guessing...could be many things...throwout bearing, pressure plate,linkeage, etc...U need to have a real mechanic look at it...up in them hills, I'm sure there's somebody who can fix it quickly and cheap...replacing a clutch is no big deal!

Take it to the local junk yard...I'm sure them boys can fix it cheaply!...seriously!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 1982
"We all would be guessing...could be many things...throwout bearing, pressure plate,linkeage, etc...U need to have a real mechanic look at it...up in them hills, I'm sure there's somebody who can fix it quickly and cheap...replacing a clutch is no big deal! "

Take it to the local junk yard...I'm sure them boys can fix it cheaply!...seriously!'

its the clutch i know that much its started grinding now.there isnt a cheap fix to it.labor is 250 u gotta drop the tranny to get to it.im replacing the clutch completly.throw out bearing pressure plate etc.if im gonna pay 250 i should replace it all the first time

Platinum Member

Post Number: 1983
mat its not a 4 wheel drive unforunatley

Platinum Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2726
tennessee is not the south FYI

also,

mountians=still not the south

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15200
Tenn is in the south IMO..but most southerners call mountains, the hills...but obviously there are mountains in the south..different strokes, different folks

I live in both, south and north, depending on time of year, and have noticed many people speak and think differently, no matter if they all live in the same city/town..and many people think and speak the same, even if they live thousands of miles apart..who cares as long as they get their point across..

Chris... I noticed u changed your tune from 1st post to last post...u started with "I'm pretty sure" and went to "I know"...big difference between the 2...whats the point and purpose of this thread?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 1984
"tennessee is not the south FYI "

some of the most southern pppl u will ever meet love here.we sure the he// aint in the north

"Chris... I noticed u changed your tune from 1st post to last post...u started with "I'm pretty sure" and went to "I know"...big difference between the 2...whats the point and purpose of this thread?"

cuz at first i did not know what was going on.i was getting the weird noise and crap.and then it started grinding after i already had this thread posted so then i automatically knew it was the cluth going badwhen it started grinding

Platinum Member

Post Number: 1985
live here i mean not love lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15233
Most TRUE TN Southern boys drink "shine"..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1986
yup

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict ... Level 2 pre...

Post Number: 2366
not to jack the thread, but i do have a clutch problem of my own arising, and if anybody knows whats up that would be great.

when i start in 1st and my car isn't warmed up, my car will start skipping, if you will. it grabs, slips, and grabs again, etc, to make the "skip" motion. i usually have to push the clutch back in and work it to get some speed so it doesn't do that sh!t. any ideas?

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6165
does it do it in other gears eric? sounds like the clutch is slipping

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6166
BTW shine is great

Gold Member

Post Number: 2368
1st only

i'm sure it'll get worse though...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2376
just noticed now that we are getting semi-warm weather that its not doing it nearly as much

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6171
open the fill plug check the gear oil and check the level could just be something that simple

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1401
Eric- So it slips as the motor revs? Or just while it is cold? Could be a worn clutch or maybe a sticky cable? Does your petal ever feel stiff or have some play in it? I'm not much of a mechanic, but I had similar problems with an old accord with a roached out clutch cable lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2387
as i let off my clutch starting in 1st only, and i've pretty much confirmed only when its cold out. its pretty much stopped now lol

replaced the slave and master cylinders a few months back... thats it

Gold Member

Post Number: 2004
its my clutch its in the shop a hopefully be done tommorrow.mechanic said he dont thank the thang has been changed out since the truck was new.he said the clutch is gone.and the throw out bearing is not even there lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us