Chris Paul, NBA MVP

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

All he does is catch t..., Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 14007
I mean why not, his team is one of the best in the NBA...His team was crap last year, and he is carrying his team just as much as the other MVP candidates, i mean if Steve Nash won it 2 years in a row, and dirk won it last year, Chris Paul deserves it..Without him they would be crap..

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19106
hell naw. this year belongs to kobe man.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2276
Lebron has higher points, assists, rebounds, FG %, and minutes...enough said.

Besides that, he doesn't have Odom and Gasol either, so IMO the team record argument is null and void. They both have their teams where they need to be in their respective conferences.

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

USF, FL USA

Post Number: 709
This is from a Suns fan.

Kobe hands down. He's the best overall player in the game. Lebron is amazing but his defense is no where near Kobe. I hate the guy but he is incredible. CP3 is doing his thing but NewOr isn't scaring anyone in the West. CP3 will have some time to grow and get even better.

1 - Kobe
2 - Lebron
3 - KG
4 - CP3

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4550
KG does not deserve the MVP at all. His numbers are pedestrian and he's been hurt for the last month. As much as I would like to say Lebron deserves it, he doesn't. It sucks the Cavs didn't go out and get Mike Bibby. Kobe gets the MVP. He's never won it and he has his team that wasn't stellar last year playing the best ball in the NBA. Give him the award.

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 946
yea boy mike bibby is on my team the HAWKS. haha

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The poster formerly kn...

Post Number: 2908
Kobe should be the MVP.

/thread

Gold Member

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4554
The Hawks f*cking blow. Al Horford FTW, though.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19111
kg is an azzhole and i hope the pistons or the cavs detroy them in the playoffs.

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 961
lol i only like the hawks in the game NBA2K8, not in real life. haha

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14009
kobe's team would still be ok without him...and Lebron's team plays in a very weak conference...

and to say New Orleans aint scaring nobody is just dumb...They have the highest winning pct% againts the top 8 teams in the west...

This kid avg 21pts and 11ast per game, in the western conference...and nobody can name there starting 5 without looking it up...Plus they are only 1 1/2 games back of FIRST PLACE!!!..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19120
chauncey only team i can name the starting five are the lakers. lol.

but yeah the hornets are a beast. but still say they won't get passed the lakers, spurs, or the suns in the playoffs. a team could be awesome in the regular season and blow it in the playoffs. *last years mavs*.

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 481
kobe is the best in the game, period

most valuable player - if you look at it...chris paul presents the MOST VALUE to his team. take him off the hornets and they turn into garbage.

kobe and bron are the most popular players in the nba by far. i think kobe is more deserving of the mvp than lebron.

chris paul would get my vote.

kobe will win.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14012
^^Thank you...Kobe and Lebron have done amazing things this year, but i mean has either of them really gotten any better then last year?? they still do the same things they where doing last year and they didnt win it...what makes this year any different??

Chris Paul deserves to win period...I no he wont because its a popularity contest...but he deserves it

Gold Member

Post Number: 2912
Chauncey there is a separate award for most improved player. Most valuable player, aside from people who try to take the wording of the title too literally, is supposed to be THE BEST PLAYER THAT YEAR.

Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA this year. Lebron shoots free throws poorly, his outside jumper is average, and he isn't great on D. Kobe truly has no weakness in his game.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 484
lebron is overrated in my opinion...he is an absolute beast to the rack but i think both his shooting and defense is sub par.

kobe hands down is the best player in the league. he can defend any guard/small forward and make them look foolish on the offensive end.

kobe will most def win the mvp

but for pure value on a team, i feel that cp3 is the most valuable player

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2277
"kg is an azzhole"

I wish I could bitchslap you thru the computer Chad . JK........................but seriously.

That's painful to hear. Growing up in MN he was my idol!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2913
"lebron is overrated in my opinion"

OMG someone agrees with me on this!!!!! EXCITING!!!

Look besides the free throws, besides the jumpshot, besides the defense, it comes down to the way he plays. Lebron holds the ball WAYYY too much for a guy with a score first mentality.

He's a great passer, and puts up assists don't get me wrong, but it's like a one man team the way he plays. He needs to have a distribute first mentality, or they need a true point guard on the team to handle the ball for the bulk of the game.

It's like every other possession he dribbles and runs around for 16-20 seconds off the shot clock.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14018
^^As long as he gets it done when it counts...Oh wait didnt they go to the finals last year...All 3 guys are amazing...Kobe and Lebron are basically the same player in some aspects they have to take about 20-30 shots per game for there team to win, they both are that new generation of player, etc..

CP on the other hand can score and win, or not score and still win...neither of the other two guys can do that...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2914
The cavs took a ridiculously easy road to the finals with an under rated supporting cast around Lebron. They then proceeded to get annialated by the Spurs because the Spurs know all you have to do is keep Lebron from going to the hoop and thunder dunking whenever he wants. Take that away and guess what, Lebron is reduced to a pretty good passer, with an average jumpshot.

Put Kobe in that situation and the defense can't do that because his jumper is lethal. And while he's not quite as big & strong as bron bron, he is more creative and intelligent about getting to the hoop.

Kobe is a much better player than Lebron thus far in his career. Forget about small differences in the numbers they put up, Kobe nails clutch free throws and jumpers in the final minutes, and hits game winners in his sleep. Any coach or player in the NBA will choose that guy over a guy who puts up better averages.

Lebron needs a different coach, someone to change his mentality if he is EVER going to win a title. Otherwise things will continue the way they have been and people will continue to assume that his supporting cast isn't good enough.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19138
BCS, kg is a great player but his attitude in games sux. he is mean. so that is what i meant when i said he is an azzhole. i know when you are competing, you have to do what you need to do. but i am just simply saying he is an azzhole during the game. i am sure he is a nice guy outside of the game. not to mention he is one of the greatest to play the game.

maybe i am just bitter cause he didn't want to come to the lakers. lol.

kobe is proving to everyone why he should be the mvp. if you guys saw the game on sunday vs the mavs, kobe just exploded at the end to win the game. same with the game vs the kings yesterday. kobe has the ability to take control of the game when need it. so does lebron though. they are awesome players but the fact that the lakers are doing better this year, the mvp will go to kobe.

chauncey said it best when he said its a popularity contest. thats what it is basically.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14022
Lebron Had 50-10 tonight..hmm

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19164
pfffft against the knicks. the team with the worst defense.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2923
Lebron had a hot night from 3-point range which is RARE for him. Going into last night there were 59 players in the NBA who had taken more than 200 3-point attempts. Guess where Lebron ranked in % among those guys...59th, dead last. And like Chad said, it was against the Knicks.

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

USF, FL USA

Post Number: 730
"and to say New Orleans aint scaring nobody is just dumb...They have the highest winning pct% againts the top 8 teams in the west..."

Its all about playoff experience. How many playoffs game the Hornets won lately? I hope they do well but the fact is that they are overachieving. Peja is crap in the playoffs (Hello air ball 3 pointers in Sacramento) Tyson Chandler is unproven, CP3 is unproven (playoff wise). And from 1st to last is the West is only about 5 games so I don't think that their current rank really matter.

I put KG at 3 because he's the "best" player on the "best" team which always receives a portion of attention plus the guy is awesome IMO. And if you don't believe the "best" player on the "best" team has a shot at an MVP they don't deserve give Dirk a call

Gold Member

Post Number: 2936
I can totally see the Hornets getting out of the first round, barring the seeds work out in a way that has them playing the Spurs or Lakers. Spurs and Lakers are the only two powerhouses in the west to me. Phoenix and Dallas are NOT what they have been the past few years, and IMO aren't contenders to get to the finals.

My sleeper to make the finals: Utah

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 847
ehren, you said that lebron cant play defense? why was it then that the last time the cavs played the lakers, and the cavs won by the way, that lebron guarded kobe for the entire fourth quarter and held him to 2 of 9 shooting? if he can stick on kobe then he can stick on anyone. and ehren, i heard that same stat about lebron shooting three's during the game as well. but if all he would do is drive the lane then there is no way he would be as effective as he is. his jumper has vastly improved and it helps his inside game. he doesnt need to be the best three point shooter out there to be effective.

i dont know how you could argue against his stat line
30 pts at 49 percent, 8 boards, 8 dimes, 1.5 three's at 32 percent, 1 block, and 2 steals.

think about it...he is hands down the obvious choice for mvp

also, paul gets help from a fellow allstar who is on his team by the name of david west, and kg has pierce and allen.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2948
wow he held Kobe to 2 of 9 once in his life, good for him. If you're gonna argue that Lebron is on Kobe's level defensively, you're crazy.

Defense is 50% of the game, and Kobe's obvious superiority defensively, VASTLY outweighs Lebron's ALLEGED superiority offensively. Then there's still the fact that Kobe is the most clutch player in the game, whereas Lebron's clutch moments could be counted on one hand.

I've thought about it plenty, Lebron isn't the MVP, he doesn't deserve to be, and he probably won't be. Never said Lebron isn't great, just that he is overrated. If i'm building a team, there are at least a couple players i'll take before him.

Silver Member

Post Number: 848
overrated? what player in the nba contributes in every category at the same level that lebron does?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2949
"what player in the nba contributes in every category at the same level that lebron does?"

You're right Kyle. I've finally seen the light. I realize now that it's stupid to look beyond the stats and consider aspects of the sport for which they don't have a scoring system. In fact I have a really great idea. They should just get rid of the playoffs and award the NBA title each year, as well as the individual awards, to the team/players who have the best stats. Because that is what sports are all about.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 510
bron is good - just not on kobes level...

kobe is playing the best basketball of his life and is actually starting to resemble MJ's game. (as much as someone can aleast)

bron bron just isnt there IMO

i like stats but they just dont do justice because if they did CP3 would have a serious shot at MVP and he does not

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14055
"also, paul gets help from a fellow allstar who is on his team by the name of david west, and kg has pierce and allen."

CP's 11 ast per game gotta go somewhere :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 849
nobody has ever became an all star just because they are the recipient of a good pass

Gold Member

Post Number: 2959
Offensive foul on Lebron with cavs down by 2 and 19seconds left against the Wizards with Gilbert Arenas in a suit on the bench...CHOKE.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2960
Clean look for Lebron from 3-point range at the buzzer, brick.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 539
hes good to the rack and thats it. everyone says hes a good passer but the majority of his assists come from kick outs due people stopping his drive.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2962
He's shown the ability to make great passes here and there. But he hasn't shown the ability to be a great distributor of the ball.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 545
i dont think hes a great passer though...when i think of great passers i think of d williams, nash, kidd, and chris paul.

lebron just isnt in the great passer category for me. a lot of his assists are coming from set shots. it doesnt take a great passer to kick it out.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19409
kobe vs chris paul. tonight at 8pm eastern time. the game will be played in new orleans. its going to be an awesome game. can't wait.

btw the lakers have a 4 game road trip that is just insane.

tonight......@ hornets
sunday.......@ houston
tuesday......@ dallas
thursday.....@ utah

all those teams have 40+ wins. if the lakers can get 3 wins out of the 4 games then they are for real boys.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2964
Chad don't tease me, that game isn't nationally televised :-( :-( :-(

However on Sunday we get to see the game of the year IMO, assuming the rockets win tonight against the Bobcats to make their streak 21 wins. The streak will end IMO on Sunday against the powerhouse Lakers.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19420
you didn't miss anything man. damn pau gasol sprained his ankle and had to leave the game early first quarter. sux man. not sure on his condition but i am assuming he will be out for at least a week. hopefully its just sprained.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19421
how awesome is the west though. the spurs lose 2 games in a row and they go from 1st to 5th place in the playoff ranks. lol.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20219
battle of the mvp's tonight. paul vs bryant. this game might determine who is going to win mvp. can't wait.

too bad this game isn't televised nationally. it would be watched by so many. if you have nba league pass you can see it.

Gold Member

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5288
lebron just went off tonight. 24 in the first quarter.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3070
Kobe beat the Hornets.

Lebron lost to the Bulls.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20220
don't forget sunday's game. lakers vs spurs. with a win on sunday, lakers can clinch second in overall western standings. its going to be an awesome game.

bryant/gasol/odom = 1 2 3 punch.

bynum is expected to return sometime in the second round of playoffs. that is if the lakers make it out of first round. i think they will.

check out this vid.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fn4lhTPtpUU

Gold Member

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5296
they said bynum will probably miss the entire playoffs on sportscenter. kobe deserves the MVP.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us