Biofuel??

Username: Heavens

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 5
Chrysler is jumping on the bandwagon after going green. they are currently under construction in Florida with a certified green dealership. How do you guys feel about biofuel?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3671
biofuel gummed up my bikes carb. and who needs it anyway, arnt we in a war to control the worlds supply of oil? China is next on the hit list due to thier ever growing greedy need for our middle east oil.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6044
bio diesel is good all this other stuff is welll....a slow start.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1163
We have to start somewhere.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3563
I want a car that runs on watered-down urine. That way I can drink and drive all the time and just piss in the tank.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15434
^^^WOOT!

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6045
iv also been prototyping and studying the hell out of hydrogen generators and their effects on the internal combustion engine. very interesting stuff.

with in the next year ill have one fabricated in my diesel. ill post when all is said and done

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15435
I like the direction we are going with green...it should have started years ago during the oil embargo in the 70s.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2204
This "green" term p!sses me off.

Veggie oil works for diesels. Smells a little strange but it's not too bad. They can't have a completely fossil fuel independent dealership. Absolutely, completely, undeniably impossible.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The poster formerly kn...

Post Number: 2952
"We have to start somewhere."

I agree. Same goes for solar energy. There is an incredible amount of energy shining down that we are just now learning to use more efficiently.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15436
"Absolutely, completely, undeniably impossible."

There was a time when people thought the earth was flat, and the center of the universe...there was even a saying, if people were meant to fly, they would've been born with wings.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7355
Regardless of what fuel source we turn to the government(s) will find a way to tax it and screw people over to make a buck. There was a guy that made an engine that ran on garbage but it wasn't approved for some reason and that was the last I heard of that guy. It's kind of like all the great scientists that turn up missing, it's kind of fishy.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1671
Some guy in Flagstaff created a machine that can run on waste water, pretty cool.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15437
Wasn't there some big push for electric cars about 10 years ago? I believe it was made by GM called EV-1, for some reason that project disappeared.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2211
OK well I suppose you have a point, Berny. A revision is in order.

It's absolutely, completely, undeniably impossible in the next 30 or so years. Everything we do/have has been somehow affected by fossil fuels. Go outside to take a walk? The sidewalk was created with the help of fossil fuels, your shoes were created/imported with fossil fuels, the food you ate that gave you the energy to walk was cultivated or imported with fossil fuels.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1168
I agree with cam don't think we can could ever be 100% non-reliant on fossil fuels in the next 30 years, BUT I do think that we can become alot less reliant on them in the next 30 years or so. If we were all to give up on it now, it could be that 30 years before we realize how many other resources are usable. If we start now, we could be that "30 years ahead" of what we could be in 30 years.

Berny that reminds me of something, In my history class we were discussing similar things as this, and someone mentioned back in the early 90's or so Saturn had like 400 electric cars, and in their R&D stuff they lent them out for certain people to test drive. Well someone said (not sure if its a fact or theory) that they were paid off by the Gas/oil companies to stop the research, since it might hurt their profit. Saturn then took back all of the cars and crushed them as part of the deal.

I'll see if I can find some info on this, as I'm not sure if it's 100% true.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15443
And in a few billion years we are the ones who are going to be the fossil fuel...rough cycle!

SomeDonnieDude, I vaguely remember that time with the electric Saturns. I knew it happened before I just wasn't too sure.

I don't know if it was the oil companies that killed it...to add to the conspiracy theory fire...isn't it weird that the Japanese imports are pushing the hybrid cars and yet there are very few, if none, American hybrids/electric cars.

Silver Member
Username: Eldog

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 145
Stop the reliance of Middle Eastern oil and start tapping in on Northern Alaska and Northern Canadian Territories and lets start refining it so WE cannot be so dependent on foreign deposits.

I understand the environmental circumstances that this can pose but we have to start somewhere and that somewhere is HOME.
We shouldn't be worried about the region being cosmetically scarred because majority of this land is unhabitable although I care about the wildlife in the area.

ANWAR, Northern Canadian Territories, the Gulf of Mexico and the addition of biofuels can put this country back in perspective on our fuel needs.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15129
We have the oil in this country. But we are under contract to import so much oil from overseas. Talk to Bush about that.

There are oil fields that are untapped here because our government regulates them. Those who benefit control that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us