Laptop help

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1193
so my sister just bought a new laptop today but i was wondering if we need to get a wireless network adapter like a usb one so she could use internet in her room upstairs and my room is downstairs. I currently have a belkin G router but its not wireless its hooked up by ethernet cables but it has the little antenna.

her laptop
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D290214573630&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEAFB:IT

it also says this on the specs:

Wireless LAN
Realtek 802.11b/g wireless-LAN

does that mean it already included in the laptop built in?

because we was planning on getting this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BELKIN-WIRELESS-G-USB-NETWORK-ADAPTER-802-11G-54MBPS_W0QQite mZ220214053654QQihZ012QQcategoryZ45002QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks guys.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15083
All you need is a wireless modem to broadcast the signal.

Wireless LAN
Realtek 802.11b/g wireless-LAN

Means it's wireless ready.

"I currently have a belkin G router but its not wireless its hooked up by ethernet cables but it has the little antenna."

The Belkin G router IS a wireless router. You should be all set.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1198
haha alright thanks paul thats what i thought but i just wanted to make sure b4 makin her buy anything else. much appreciated paul

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1199
u think thats a pretty good deal on that toshiba it came with printer just had to pay 20 for shipping so it was like 535 totaled shipped.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15090
If it survives through its' warranty then you should be happy. I've heard some shady things about Toshiba. Usually if it's cheap it's for a reason. Just my $.02. Good luck with it tho....

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6888
Toshiba is one of the best brands of laptops out there....... I've worked for several places fixing computers, we never see those.

Dell is a different story

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15094
Well like I said it was all I read/heard. Dell IS crap I can vouch for that lol. Their customer support is non existent.

Some ppl bash HP but I love them. Two towers and two laptops and nothing wrong with any of them.

For some reason I group Toshiba with Gateway and Acer. I'm no PC guru tho.....

It's like the debate over which make of car/truck to buy. You'll have opinions all over the place.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15481
The best brand is the brand the does you well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us