OT My first bought pet...

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 359
I'm thinking about getting a Chameleon pretty soon and i was wondering if anyone has any heads up with any of these. I was thinking about an armored chameleon (if i can find a store that sells them (online or anywhere)) or a carpet chameleon http://www.centralpets.com/animals/reptiles/lizards/lzd2661.html

What do you guys think?

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 593
get a dog ive had lizards they get so boring and require alot more work than you think

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1996
yeah. a lab would be a great pet

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1419
Dude, dogs and lizards are so 90's.
Spider Monkeys FTMFW!
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Furcifer

STL

Post Number: 15
I have had many chameleons, if you look at my username, you will see it it furcifer. For Furcifer Paradalis. Which is the Panther Chameleon.

I personally would stay away from carpet chameleons. Even the more experienced chameleon keepers tend to stay away from them because they are so temperamental. If you have never owned a chameleon before, I would highly suggest getting a Veiled Chameleon or a Panther Chameleon. They are far less temperamental than the rest of them. If you PM me, I will give you my e-mail address or even my phone number and I can give many sources and what exactly you will need to house a chameleon properly and cheaply.

Veiled Chameleon
Upload
Panther Chameleon
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Mateo

Post Number: 230
i like the colors on that panther chameleon

Silver Member
Username: Mark872

2 Type X 12s, Hughes S..., Texas

Post Number: 257
dude spider monkeys are so freakin awesome

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3257
http://muglestonspitbullfarm.com/images/Magoo.jpg

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 362
i can't get a dog, livin with my GF and she has cats and were in condos (no where for him to play)

[IMG]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/Dominious11/DSC00129.jpg[/IMG]

thats my dog, my girls Gma took him in when i moved out of my dads

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13057
then hows about some aquarium fish (with a good lid on the tank of course .....)

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 13448
I've wanted a husky since I was like zero lol. When I got married she liked cats, so we got two of them. When we divorced they came with me.

Now I'm waiting for them to die so I can get the dog of my dreams lol.

Upload

A siberian Husky.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 363
thats what my girl wants too... she likes fur, i like scales... LOL

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13449
Those blue eyes.......Wow.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 365
She says the same thing... all i think is, why can't it change color or stop barking LOL (most dogs bark too much IMO)

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1421
Easy now Paul...Easy now...

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

They Love 2 Hate Me, Most Hated a... USA

Post Number: 1377
marine aqaurium ftmfw!!! im workin on a 75 gallon aggressive tank right now

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 366
your going to go into debt by the time your 25 Jay... you were never in sports i can tell, you need to pace your self;-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13451
"Easy now Paul...Easy now..."

Lol. You don't know how long I've wanted one.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2051
husky ftl, full blood wolf ftw!!!(or even half blood) :-) pricey, but they are beautiful, quite large as well, a bit intimidating:-(

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3205
paul, a guy a few streets from me has 2 siberian huskeys. they are pretty vicious actually. i dont go anywhere near em. i'll just stick to my pits :-)

buy a pit

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 367
pits are over rated... all they have is muscles and that lock jaw cheating crap ;-) but best lookin dogs of all time, my dog, boxers and siberian huskies

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13454
Naw. I wanna a husky. After my kids are grown and maybe out of the house. To me they're beautiful and I wouldn't feel bad leaving him outside on a cold night.

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3206
they are outdoor dogs lol

and pits are soooooo cuteeeee

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3265
http://muglestonspitbullfarm.com/images/10_Scan0016_lg.jpg

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2055
http://www.catbreedinfo.net/images/mastiffstand.jpg

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3207
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3wqqZdeo7To

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 370
http://www.mrpoop.com/images/longpoop.jpg

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The poster formerly kn...

Post Number: 2773
Paul, why not get your husky now brotha? you deserve it!!! Are your cats like super vicious towards dogs? Cause otherwise it shouldn't be a problem. Just adopt a husky that is cool with other animals, or adopt a puppy so you can socialize him yourself!! I have had cats and dogs simultaneously almost all my life with no problems.

"pits are over rated... all they have is muscles and that lock jaw cheating crap"

how dare you sir. lol j/k.

but seriously, the "lock jaw" thing, is 100% myth. and yes they have muscles, like all dogs. They are also one of the most intelligent breeds, and have INCREDIBLE ability to work and communicate with people.

And in case anyone has any of those common, misinformed thoughts about how they're dangerous natural born killers, let's take care of a few myths right now :-)

--[MYTH: American Pit Bull Terriers lock their jaws.

Dr. Brisbin: "The few studies which have been conducted of the structure of the skulls, mandibles and teeth of pit bulls show that, in proportion to their size, their jaw structure and thus its inferred functional morphology, is no different than that of any breed of dog.

There is absolutely no evidence for the existence of any kind of "locking mechanism" unique to the structure of the jaw and/or teeth of the American Pit Bull Terrier.

MYTH: All Pit Bulls are mean and vicious.

It is reported on temperament tests conducted by the American Temperament Test Society that Pit Bulls had a passing rate of 82% or better -- compared to only 77% of the general dog population.

These temperament tests consist of putting a dog through a series of unexpected situations, some involving strangers.

Any signs of unprovoked aggression or panic in these situations result in failure of the test. The achievement of Pit Bulls in this study disproves that they are inherently aggressive to people. (Please visit ATTS.org)

MYTH: A Pit Bull that shows aggression towards an animal will go for people next.

"Many working breeds have antipathy towards other animals - coonhounds go mad at the sight of a raccoon, foxhounds will not hesitate to tear a dog-like fox to shreds, greyhounds live to chase and maul rabbits and even dog-like coyotes. Even the ever-friendly beagle will slaughter a rabbit, given the chance.

And yet the greyhound, coon and foxhound and beagle are among the friendliest of breeds towards humans. And it is the same with the pit bulldog. His work through the years has been control of other animals - never humans. A correct pit bull is more often than not submissive toward all humans, and adores children.

A pit bull that snarls, lunges or growls at non-threatening humans is NOT typical of the breed."]--

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 2194
pwned

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2080
did you know rot weilers attack and kill more people annually than pit bulls?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13787
I want a pet :-(

BTW Rottweilers>pits lol

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2083
French Mastiffs(dogue de bordeaux)>all dogs

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids like my rhyme...

Post Number: 4020
rot weilers are angry beasts... it's normally because people make them that way though... i would like a pitbull, boxer, or weimaraner

http://greyfellow.pl/en/img/photos/puppies/heavenly-grey-fellow.jpg

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2085
staffordshire>pit bull :-)

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2086
I love weimaraners btw...

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13788
Bully Kutta FTW!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2775
Reece that is ALWAYS a product of the owners. There is NO breed that is genetically predisposed to aggression towards humans. Oh wait there is one, but it's called a WOLF not a DOG, dog = domestic.

all dogs rock. the differences from breed to breed are really fairly suddle. A dog is a dog before it is it's breed. Even if you compare a miniature poodle to a great dane. The DRASTIC differences you see are generally a product of the way owners tend to treat types of dogs.

And as far as Rottweilers vs. Pit Bulls vs. Staffordshires etc. They are all basically the same dogs. ESPECIALLY staffs and pits. a lot of the kennel clubs won't even recognize them as two different breeds. generally if the dog is on the shorter stockier side they call it a Staffy, if it's bigger they say it's a Pit.

Bronze Member
Username: Letgetemp

BROOKLN, NY

Post Number: 75
come to brooklyn and all give ya some roaches

they are the best pets

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2089
I know there is no difference, I just think staffs are generally "prettier" than any combination used to make pits. but that's JMO

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 384
no animal is born agressive, they are trained to be agressive...

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

Team revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 828
english bulldog ftmfw!!!!!!!!
i will get you pics when i go home tonight

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6818
"no animal is born agressive, they are trained to be agressive..."

WHAT?! Think about your post.

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 212
bloodlines are one of the major parts aggressiveness

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 213
although i do believe that an animal can be trained a certain way

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2100
no they are not.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 214
bloodlines carry traits - if they didnt - then why do people breed dogs for fighting, smarts, show, or looks?

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 810
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polydactyl_cat
genetically mutated cats is where it is at
mine's name is sam

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 385
they breed because of potencial. ive seen some of the nices pits ever, WHY? because they were rased to be that way. everyone has seen fighting pits on tv, why are they that way? BECAUSE THEY ARE TRAINED TO BE THAT WAY. no doubt every dog can/will be aggressive but either to protect the ones it loves or because they are trained to be that way.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4027
that's weird as f*ck, longbrake. maybe sit the next couple of plays out... not say everything that crops up in the old... skull...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2776
Hey Reece, where did you get YOUR clothes...the toilet store?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 3076
http://www.genpets.com/features.php

FTW!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13531
I like turtles too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4075
hahaha, glad someone got the quote, pit.

(for some reason i can't bring myself to call you ehren. sorry, haha.)

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1802
American Bull Dogs are nice. But a dog like mine is good for apartments. Just need to walk once in awhile but gets exercise running around the place. Very smart, loyal, affectionate. And he's a babe magnet! Maybe not manly enough for most guys though. My blue nose, red nose mix pitbull partly in the background.
A Pom...

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13550
LOLOL I love it. A browm pom pom with legs lol.

That dog looks like a lot of maintenance. I've found that the smaller the dog the meaner the disposition. Just as a rule. I know there are exceptions. Plus all the barking........

At least picking up the tootsie rolls isn't as bad.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2788
"I've found that the smaller the dog the meaner the disposition."

Paul that is true a lot of the time. The misconception is that it has to do with the way that breed of dog just is. But in reality it's because of the way people tend to treat different types of dogs.

Little yippers like that are spoiled and stuck up because the owners spoil them rotten, holding them, carrying them everywhere, letting them live like humans, eat w/e they want, and giving them ridiculous attention every time the dog asks for it by barking, whining/crying, yipping, jumping on you or your lap etc.

Dogs deserve affection, love, care and respect just like people, BUT they are not people, they are dogs.

A well balanced dog gets exercise, discipline and affection. IN THAT ORDER Unfortunately in our country they get the first two very little if at all, and are OD'd on love/affection most of the time.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 811
albino pythons FTW!

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1805
That is true Ehren, about certain breeds being treated certain ways. Pomeranians would be on top of the spoiled list. My dog definitely was spoiled. Never barked excessively or anything like that but pretty much would beg to go with us wherever we went and would jump on our laps! lol. Got enough exercise and discipline and lots of affection! Can't say that I would have wanted it any other way. He was healthy and happy. He was part of my family who I would defend with my life!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13589
Of the dogs I've owned or had as a kid I loved my border collie "Lady". She was an outside dog who lived most of her life just waiting to be fed in her cage. I think about now and it saddens me but that is how my parents treated her so.......

When we would let her out she had a very instinctive "herding" nature about her. If we wandered towards the street she would block us, same if we wanted to cross our property line. She "sheep herded" us just like her ancestors did. It was pretty cool.

Bronze Member
Username: Alex_smith

Post Number: 52
so since you cant have a dog i dont see why one of those chamelons wouldnt be awesome. i have never seen one in person and it seems like something to show off to ppl that they will think is pretty neat.

but if you were to get a dog, i would suggest a rhodesian ridgeback. they are very expensive but that is only because of their rarity. they are beautiful dogs. great hunters, and loyal as can be.

i dont have any pictures of mine but if you google image them you will see. make sure you look at ones back. the hair along their spines grows backwards. so its a dog with a permanent mohawk.

how fckin awesome is that???

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 439
lol alex.... I ordered a panther chameleon last night:-) in the first pics, hes the bright red one

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
sounds good man.

good luck with your new pet

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 440
Thanks my friend

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
i got a pic for anyone who wants to see my dog with his mohawk

Upload

it looks like its off center in the pic but the hair grows bacwards right down the middle
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us